Viewing Review: Long but worth it - Mothering Forums
Long but worth it Edit
by Astraia Combined Rating: 5.0
I read this book when I was a child and was fascinated with it. I found the entire story to be captivating and would think about it in between readings. I was an easily frightened child, and it was...
Pros Cons
  • Imaginative, introduction to good/evil, power of love
  • A bit frightening for younger listeners, a long read-aloud

I read this book when I was a child and was fascinated with it. I found the entire story to be captivating and would think about it in between readings. I was an easily frightened child, and it was scary for me but never too scary- just enough to keep me on the edge of my seat but not enough that I wanted to stop. 

I read it to my 3 and 4 year old last year. I thought they'd get scared (they are easily frightened as well) or bored (short attention spans also!) but they sat perfectly quietly for the entire story. It is a long picture book without chapter breaks, so be prepared with a glass of water, but my kids were riveted and not frightened.. The second I closed the book they were at me immediately- "again! Again!" It was the most popular book in the house for several weeks. I just brought it out this evening - kids are now 5 and nearly 4-and they were thrilled to see it again. It's a winner!

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: