Viewing Review: Capture the attention and imaginations of the children you teach, or gather your family round the fire and watch their eyes shine - Mothering Forums
Capture the attention and imaginations of the children you teach, or gather your family round the fire and watch their eyes shine Edit
by Terry Stafford Combined Rating: 4.0
This charming multicultural collection provides stories that celebrate the longest night and shortest day of the year. I have used these stories for years, in my classes about Winter Holidays...
Pros Cons
  • A wonderful collection, a wide variety of cultures, cultural background, a valuable resource
  • Read each story before sharing it to be sure it will reach your intended age group

This charming multicultural collection provides stories that celebrate the longest night and shortest day of the year. I have used these stories for years, in my classes about Winter Holidays Around the World and I’ve read them aloud to my own captivated family. Whether you are teaching a group of children about other cultures or want to share special stories with your own family, this book has stories to enthrall all ages. 

For the adults, there is also interesting information about the mythological and cultural background of each story.  These stories take us into the imagery of many of the world’s cultures as they have grappled with the annual mystery of the disappearance and return of the light. 

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: