So I've always trusted Burt's Bees to be safe, and I've used this cream for awhile before getting pregnant, and it worked wonders for my thighs and buttocks.. but once I confirmed I was pregnant, I became much more conscious about what I was putting on my body. I noticed the tub only said "99% natural ingredients" so I looked into what the other 1% was made up of...
I learned that Burt's Bees includes the ingredient Phenoxyethanol, which is known to cause reproductive and developmental toxicity. It is a preservative that they use in sunscreens, lotions, pharmaceuticals, etc.. and it is TOXIC to us. Avoid this product!
I only gave it two stars since the other ingredients seemed to be what you'd be looking for: jojoba oil, cocoa butter, aloe, ... things like that. But seriously don't use this stuff. Find the natural product!
I used GoodGuide.com to find the list of ingredients with an explanation of their safety and health ratings.
After I saw this information, I threw out my Burt's Bees products (and half of everything else I own) and ordered some of the Earth Mama "Angel Baby Earth Mama Body Butter" that is 100% ALL NATURAL, PURE and safe for mom and baby! (And much cheaper than the other products I had seen on Mothering.com, which is why I had opted for Burt's in the first place...)