|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|01-31-2012 05:28 AM|
|01-31-2012 03:21 AM|
I'm so sorry.
|01-31-2012 01:15 AM|
My nephew was stillborn yesterday evening at 10.30 pm.
|01-30-2012 11:40 AM|
Yes, there is news. Not good I'm afraid. My brother just called me two hours ago. SIL went into labor again this morning and the sac is starting to bulge out between the sutures of the cerclage. They stopped the meds and are allowing things to go their course. Nothing more they can do. She hasn't given birth yet, but could be any time. She is 22 weeks. I told my brother if they want, it is possible to fight for the baby even this early though the chances would be slim. They don't wish to do that because of the obvious risks that carries. So now we are all just waiting for the horrible news. I wish I had a better update to this thread
|01-30-2012 10:39 AM|
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
|01-25-2012 12:14 PM|
I'm so glad to hear that the procedure went well.
|01-25-2012 04:43 AM|
Really good to hear that update. I will keep on praying.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
|01-25-2012 12:25 AM|
Thanks for the thoughts. They performed the cerclage yesterday successfully. I have read through a lot of studies concerning this procedure and it seems that the greatest risk about this surgery is the risk of membrane rupture during the procedure. Now that they managed that successfully there is a chance they can postpone birth - possibly even past 32 weeks. We are all hoping. No guarentees though. The first doctor they met after SIL was admitted told them that there was no way they would be able to save the baby. But now we are all more hopeful. She is almost 22 weeks pregnant so just 2-4 weeks longer could mean the world.
With the succesful operation I am an optimist.
|01-24-2012 01:32 PM|
Thoughts and prayers for her op. just to give you a little hope, I was 100% effaced...for 9 weeks.
|01-24-2012 03:46 AM|
|Mom2M||Thinking of you all and baby boy!|
|01-24-2012 01:18 AM|
Thanks. Things are not looking so good. She is completely effaced and bulging bag of water. They are doing emergency cerclage in an hour to try to postpone birth as long as possible. I have tried to research the procedure and it does seem necessary because of the protruding water, as without the surgery there is a risk of bacteria attacking the sac causing rupture. But the procedure is risky too. This is so difficult for them. Please send all your thoughts in their direction. I will update when I know the outcome of the operation. It seems if they make it through the operation her chances are much better, but the operation itself is pretty risky.
ETA: They were supposed to do the cerclage yesterday , but postponed it. They have given her drugs to decrease the amount of amniotic fluid to decrease bulging during the procedure.
|01-23-2012 02:39 AM|
Only a second to reply but I went into ptl and was expected to deliver within a max of 48 hours and held on 9 weeks... Lots of magnesium sulfate, strict bed rest including no showers, catheter, pooping in bed pan, and being tipped in bed so my head was lower than my feet. It sucked but was obviously worth it as its 330am and I'm naking my 8 week old. Thoughts and prayers are with your sil.
|01-23-2012 02:04 AM|
I really have no idea but I am sorry to hear this and I will pray for her and your family. Thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
|01-23-2012 01:31 AM|
My SIL was admitted yesterday with preterm labor. She is 21 weeks pregnant. They managed to slow things down and she was doing ok yesterday afternoon but was 3 cm dilated. It started with her loosing the plug in the morning, so they went in. Today they are doing a cervical cerclage (suture) in the hopes, that it will prolong her pregnancy long enough that they can save their little boy. They have been TTCing for years, and finally succeeded with IVF at the second attempt in the fall. It is so unfair this is happening to them.
Has anyone gone through this? If so please share your story.
How long can they usually postpone threatening preterm birth? Obviously she needs at least another 2-4 weeks of pregnancy before there is any chance of survival and even then it's very risky. But is it possible? Should we dare to hope.