Mothering Forums - Reply to Topic

Thread: Plug sockets sparking when any appliance is plugged in! Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
10-10-2011 04:29 PM
mattemma04

If it isn't checked call someone yourself and pay.It is worth the peace of mind.

10-06-2011 02:07 PM
insidevoice

Please call an electrician in to have them take a look.  It may be fairly benign, but it may well be faulty wiring and that is a HUGE risk. 

 

We lost our home to an electrical fire a few years ago- blessedly, it started about a half hour after we left the home. If it had started during the middle of the night, we would not have all gotten out.  Electrical fires spread SO fast... 

10-04-2011 06:27 AM
samy23

Thank you! It had me seriously worried about electrical shocks, so it's good to know that isn't the risk. Anyway I'll inform the landlord, he should get someone out to check the block.

10-03-2011 07:26 AM
JamieCatheryn

Every outlet or just one? If it were just one, I'd say it's easy enough to get it replaced. If it's the whole building and it's rented there's not much you can do but move when you get the chance. Occasional sparks are normal, I get them when I plug in the vacuum sometimes, but noticable ones with loud sounds happening fairly often can mean faulty wiring and risk of electrical fires.

10-02-2011 10:23 AM
samy23

Help! I'm worried if this is a serious electrical problem and a safety issue in our home or not? Does anyone know about this? Sometimes when we plug an electrical appliance into the electrical outlet in the wall or extension cord, it makes a loud crackle noise and sparks bright blue-ish for a split second going in. What does this mean? It's an apartment block if that makes any difference here...?


Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off