Mothering Forums - Search Results

Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 0.46 seconds.
Search: Keyword(s): ; Posts Made By: radishes
Forum: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania   09-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 247
Posted By radishes
I posted this in Learning at Home, too. I have...

I posted this in Learning at Home, too. I have to register my daughter next year, when she is 8, with the Philadelphia SD, as a home-schooler. I've been reading things on the internet that have been...
Forum: Learning at Home and Beyond   09-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 212
Posted By radishes
I'm going to post this in PA Tribes too. I have...

I'm going to post this in PA Tribes too. I have to register my daughter next year, when she is 8, with the Philadelphia SD, as a home-schooler. I've been reading things on the internet that have...
Forum: Vaccinations   08-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 796
Posted By radishes
UPDATE! Well, let this be a warning to those of...

UPDATE! Well, let this be a warning to those of you in Philly. If they contact you and you give them the name of your doctor, they can and will, by the law, compel your doctor to release your...
Forum: Vaccinations   08-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 245
Posted By radishes
Hey, I assume we are the same religion, (your...

Hey, I assume we are the same religion, (your name and icon) and the reason we don't vaccinate out of many, many, many, other reason is because some of the vaccinations do use pig, monkey, and human...
Forum: Diapering   08-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Replies: 148
Views: 4,530
Posted By radishes
I didn't use cloth at all on my 1st because I...

I didn't use cloth at all on my 1st because I had to change so many cloth diapers (the old fashioned kind) on my younger siblings that I was completely against having to go through that again. Five...
Forum: Vaccinations   08-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 796
Posted By radishes
Well, what was weird was when they called the...

Well, what was weird was when they called the 2nd time, and found out our Doctor was outside Philly limits, she started asking me why I went there, don't I want to go somewhere closer, and asked me...
Forum: Vaccinations   08-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 796
Posted By radishes
Hi, I just need some opinions and support on...

Hi, I just need some opinions and support on this. I have 2 girls, 7 years and 11 months, neither are vaccinated at all. Recently, I was contacted by letter, then by phone, by an outreach program...
Forum: Co-sleeping and the Family Bed   05-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 298
Posted By radishes
My first daughter slept through the night at 4...

My first daughter slept through the night at 4 months - no sleep training, just and easy baby. My next one, er, not so much. I decided to limit her night feeding because I was at my wit's end and...
Forum: Parenting   05-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 381
Posted By radishes
I went through this with my daughter (though not...

I went through this with my daughter (though not because she had a previous accident) and the situations sound very similar, even down to her being a very well behaved, home-schooled, only child (at...
Forum: Co-sleeping and the Family Bed   05-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 710
Posted By radishes
I'd wean first. I think you shouldn't do both at...

I'd wean first. I think you shouldn't do both at the same time - too much, especially as he sounds freaked out about the crib. But if you wean him and he still bed-shares, and then you slowly work...
Forum: Life With a Baby   05-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Replies: 22
Views: 2,395
Posted By radishes
My daughter is 7 1/2 months and acting the same...

My daughter is 7 1/2 months and acting the same way. I wear her for naps because she won't nap any other way and she is miserably overtired otherwise. Other than that, not that it is spring, we go...
Forum: Life With a Baby   05-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 540
Posted By radishes
I don't think it is possible to "push past"...

I don't think it is possible to "push past" exhaustion when it gets to a certain point. I know some people will disagree. However, I also know that a few months ago after MONTHS of sleeping an...
Forum: Parenting   05-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Replies: 41
Views: 1,371
Posted By radishes
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/13754686)
That was almost exactly my dd (except the...
Forum: Parenting   05-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Replies: 41
Views: 1,371
Posted By radishes
Here is an article on the Dr. Sears website...

Here is an article on the Dr. Sears website about the hallmarks of a high needs baby.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/5/T050400.asp

It fits my daughter to a tee. Sigh. I really love her, but...
Forum: Parenting   05-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 249
Posted By radishes
Oh boy do I remember this! My 7 year old...

Oh boy do I remember this! My 7 year old wouldn't poop in the potty for MONTHS. She wouldn't even go in her diaper. The only time she's go was when she couldn't hold it any longer. When she started...
Forum: Parenting   05-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Replies: 29
  Ticks!
Views: 978
Posted By radishes
I just remembered something when I was studying...

I just remembered something when I was studying aromatherapy. If you drop one drop of thyme essential oil on a tick, embedded, it will pull its head out and fall off. I tried it before and it did...
Forum: Parenting   05-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Replies: 157
Views: 7,686
Posted By radishes
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/13746375)
My comments on things I was finding in...
Forum: Parenting   05-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Replies: 157
Views: 7,686
Posted By radishes
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/13745649)
I wish you'd put down the name of the...
Forum: Parenting   05-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Replies: 29
  Ticks!
Views: 978
Posted By radishes
Ugh, my FIL is in the middle of getting 11...

Ugh, my FIL is in the middle of getting 11 weeks, 5 times a week, intravenous antibiotics for lyme disease. I recently read this article in Mother Earth News though, and it sounds really good. I...
Forum: Parenting   05-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Replies: 157
Views: 7,686
Posted By radishes
I sort of assumed people were upset about CIO...

I sort of assumed people were upset about CIO books in general, not just Babywise, but I get your point. I totally understand the damaging psychological affects of CIO, but I really have to question...
Forum: Parenting   05-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Replies: 157
Views: 7,686
Posted By radishes
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/13744099)
Really? The studies I've heard about...
Forum: Parenting   05-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Replies: 157
Views: 7,686
Posted By radishes
Quote: Originally Posted by AutumnAir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnAir http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/13743835)
I admit that much as I loathe these types...
Forum: Co-sleeping and the Family Bed   05-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 382
Posted By radishes
I wouldn't assume she isn't ready to fall asleep...

I wouldn't assume she isn't ready to fall asleep just because she isn't asleep and crawling around. I know with my daughter, every single time she has learned to do something different, rolling,...
Forum: Parenting   05-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Replies: 48
Views: 1,605
Posted By radishes
My daughter has always been tall for her age and...

My daughter has always been tall for her age and people started asking me why she was out of school when she was close to 4. We home-school (another problem!) I would just smile and say DH is tall...
Forum: Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy   05-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 581
Posted By radishes
Quote: Originally Posted by cjmz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmz http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/13728385)
To me it reads that he was weaned and has been...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54

 
Forum Jump: