Mothering Forums - Search Results

Showing results 1 to 25 of 249
Search took 1.35 seconds.
Search: Keyword(s): ; Posts Made By: coffeegirl
Forum: I'm Pregnant   09-13-2013, 04:50 AM
Replies: 40
Views: 2,587
Posted By coffeegirl
Yeah I used to read ingender a lot, just out of...

Yeah I used to read ingender a lot, just out of interest, and it seems like as often as people tried for a certain gender, they somehow end up with the opposite one. So I'm a bit skeptical about...
Forum: December 2013 Due Date Club   04-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Replies: 32
Views: 17
Posted By coffeegirl
I "felt" strongly with both of my girls that...

I "felt" strongly with both of my girls that they were boys. So this one, I feel like it's a girl. Just because I seem to make girls. So it will probably be a boy. :)
Forum: Unassisted Childbirth   07-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 1,566
Posted By coffeegirl
Because if it's on the internet, it's got to be...

Because if it's on the internet, it's got to be true. Because....?
 
 
stik, I was thinking that too. BJ, I wouldn't judge all OBs because of bizarre instances like that. The normal protocol for...
Forum: Unassisted Childbirth   07-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Replies: 102
Views: 7,979
Posted By coffeegirl
Quote:  I don't see why I'm getting this...

Quote:  I don't see why I'm getting this attitude from some of you.


 
I'll go ahead and take a stab at this. It's because:
 
1.) you started a thread asking very clearly and explicitly for...
Forum: Family Safety   07-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Replies: 51
Views: 13,781
Posted By coffeegirl
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by Kaydove http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1357348/infant-swim-self-rescue-anyone-try-it/20#post_17040752)
...
Forum: Family Safety   07-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Replies: 51
Views: 13,781
Posted By coffeegirl
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by APToddlerMama http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif...
Forum: Gentle Discipline   04-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 493
Posted By coffeegirl
Agreed, it does sound like the child is...

Agreed, it does sound like the child is "tattling" on Dad....and Dad is actually, in a way, getting "in trouble". Which will naturally diminish the parenting partnership thing you want to have going...
Forum: Gentle Discipline   04-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 493
Posted By coffeegirl
The things your DS are doing include potentially...

The things your DS are doing include potentially hurting himself and hurting others (climbing things that aren't safe, hurting an animal, etc.). This basically sounds like VERY reasonable instances...
Forum: Lactivism   04-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Replies: 69
Views: 2,746
Posted By coffeegirl
I nursed my baby girl and I really cherished it....

I nursed my baby girl and I really cherished it. The closeness, the nights sleeping together and cuddling when she was really tiny. The satisfaction of knowing I was feeding my baby the best I...
Forum: Family Safety   04-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Replies: 88
Views: 12,985
Posted By coffeegirl
Dovey.....no. Just, no. You're wrong. There's...

Dovey.....no. Just, no. You're wrong. There's been a few instances of (IMO) unnecessary hostility here, but this thread has also been FULL of constructive advice. Extermination, repeated if...
Forum: Gentle Discipline   04-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 3,152
Posted By coffeegirl
 Quote:Originally Posted by...



Quote:Originally Posted by rjsalm http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif...
Forum: Family Safety   04-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Replies: 88
Views: 12,985
Posted By coffeegirl
Yeah, I've never had a landlord even question...

Yeah, I've never had a landlord even question who the cause might be, at least not in regards to getting the problem fixed. They just send the exterminator out. I think most tenants aren't going to...
Forum: Family Safety   04-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Replies: 88
Views: 12,985
Posted By coffeegirl
Hm, I don't know about the landlord thing. I was...

Hm, I don't know about the landlord thing. I was under the impression that they're responsible, period. It's still their property. But my experience has mostly been with apartments and duplexes, so...
Forum: Family Safety   04-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Replies: 88
Views: 12,985
Posted By coffeegirl
Ok just saw the thread about talking with your...

Ok just saw the thread about talking with your landlord. I've had landlords like that. It might be that he just doesn't want to pay for an exterminator. In which case....Well, I'd go ahead and try...
Forum: Family Safety   04-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Replies: 88
Views: 12,985
Posted By coffeegirl
You're right BlessedOne, some people here have...

You're right BlessedOne, some people here have been jumping on every single thing you've said. Personally? I could care less if your kids stomp on bugs or if you are or aren't OCD or if you clean a...
Forum: Family Safety   04-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Replies: 88
Views: 12,985
Posted By coffeegirl
 Quote:Originally Posted by...



Quote:Originally Posted by BlessedOne http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1349874/mice/40#post_16946892)


Thank you for your...
Forum: Family Safety   04-14-2012, 06:22 AM
Replies: 88
Views: 12,985
Posted By coffeegirl
Well, I'll tell you mama....I don't think you're...

Well, I'll tell you mama....I don't think you're a bad parent. I just read through the thread and it seemed liked you weren't being too serious about getting rid of the mice. Saying that because you...
Forum: Family Safety   04-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Replies: 88
Views: 12,985
Posted By coffeegirl
BlessedOne- If I were you I'd call my landlord...

BlessedOne- If I were you I'd call my landlord again and tell him or her that the mouse situation is out of control and you need those traps or an exterminator. You're about to have a baby in this...
Forum: Healing Birth Trauma   03-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 1,042
Posted By coffeegirl
Oh honey, please please PLEASE go to doctor or...

Oh honey, please please PLEASE go to doctor or an ER! There is no reason for you to be tortured like this.
Forum: Gentle Discipline   03-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Replies: 1
Views: 257
Posted By coffeegirl
I remember when this happened. I was in camp...

I remember when this happened. I was in camp "dad was wrong, you don't toss around a gun like that when you're angry at your daughter". It's menacing. And I hate the way he was preening for youtube...
Forum: Unassisted Childbirth   03-04-2012, 07:02 AM
Replies: 405
  *
Views: 20,309
Posted By coffeegirl
 Quote:Originally Posted by...



Quote:Originally Posted by Akkarin http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337447/-/340#post_16898685)


 
Imakcerka, I have been...
Forum: Unassisted Childbirth   02-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Replies: 405
  *
Views: 20,309
Posted By coffeegirl
True, I think it muddies the waters to bring...

True, I think it muddies the waters to bring this too far into a religious discussion.
Forum: Unassisted Childbirth   02-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Replies: 405
  *
Views: 20,309
Posted By coffeegirl
So Revelations is literally true, and WE, the...

So Revelations is literally true, and WE, the people of our time, are the beast spoken of in the Bible. Not the antichrist, but us. And the Mark of the Beast is likely to be our SS#.
 
One thing...
Forum: Unassisted Childbirth   02-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Replies: 405
  *
Views: 20,309
Posted By coffeegirl
I'm not clear on how that's any different?...

I'm not clear on how that's any different? You're still using the traditional value of 666 (ie: the biblical Mark of the Beast, or Antichrist) to make your point. 
 
For the record, I never...
Forum: Unassisted Childbirth   02-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Replies: 405
  *
Views: 20,309
Posted By coffeegirl
 Quote:Originally Posted by...



Quote:Originally Posted by Akkarin http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337447/-/320#post_16895306)

 
 
I never said mark of the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 249

 
Forum Jump: