Mothering Forums - Search Results

Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 1.38 seconds.
Search: Keyword(s): ; Posts Made By: ginger_rodgers
Forum: Single Parenting   03-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 377
Posted By ginger_rodgers
Brick, you're taking too much responsibility for...

Brick, you're taking too much responsibility for this. I think it's normal for a lot of us to do that -- after all, we have the love, we have the strength and generosity, why shouldn't we extend it...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 413
Posted By ginger_rodgers
(...wanders by whistling interthreadually about...

(...wanders by whistling interthreadually about dimes in a ditch....)
Forum: Blended and Step Family Parenting   03-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Replies: 72
Views: 10,684
Posted By ginger_rodgers
Wow. I'm surprised by the responses too. I...

Wow. I'm surprised by the responses too.

I don't trust or like my xh, but he's in my home 6 days a week dropping off dd; he picks her up from daycare and sees her daily for an hour or two, plus...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-25-2009, 02:03 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 760
Posted By ginger_rodgers
Quote: Originally Posted by robinchap1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinchap1 http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/13427684)
p.s. One of my ex's favorite things to say...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-25-2009, 01:16 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 460
Posted By ginger_rodgers
Ecccchhhh. Wow, this adjunct job is not a good...

Ecccchhhh. Wow, this adjunct job is not a good thing.

As far as I can make out, this whole "university" exists to rob "students", faculty, and taxpayers. They push the victims into taking out...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-24-2009, 12:19 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 760
Posted By ginger_rodgers
Robin, I'm so sorry. But understand that this is...

Robin, I'm so sorry. But understand that this is an old story in academia and everyone who's been here long knows it. Here's what they hear when your ex starts cranking up the Victrola:

He left...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 4,540
Posted By ginger_rodgers
Again, pmama, you have to check and see what...

Again, pmama, you have to check and see what PA's laws are for establishing residence. And in any case I wouldn't take off to another state without clearing it on paper with your stbx -- if it looks...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-23-2009, 05:03 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 347
Posted By ginger_rodgers
beebs, the vibe I get says "keep the house". For...

beebs, the vibe I get says "keep the house". For a few reasons.

One, the amount you're likely to make off a fire sale is going to be relatively small, and not worth changing your family's plans...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-23-2009, 04:46 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 4,540
Posted By ginger_rodgers
pmama, divorce laws in NY and PA are very...

pmama, divorce laws in NY and PA are very different, so please study up before you make any decisions and see which state's laws & norms are likely to be more advantageous to you.
Forum: Single Parenting   03-23-2009, 01:35 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 2,208
Posted By ginger_rodgers
God, how aggravating. I'm sorry, Steph. Ten...

God, how aggravating. I'm sorry, Steph.

Ten bucks says the horrified look on Chickadee's face (in the park) had to do with Matt screwing up in front of witnesses. I kind of suspect she's in for...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 1,106
Posted By ginger_rodgers
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smili...

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/love.gif You got it. Don't look down.

You'll do it because you must. Eventually you'll come to a place where you'll do it because it's a joy....
Forum: Single Parenting   03-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 460
Posted By ginger_rodgers
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smili...

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/smile.gif Thanks, meandmine. It's good to know that all the working for more-or-less free does some good....
Forum: Single Parenting   03-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 2,452
Posted By ginger_rodgers
Quote: Originally Posted by smeep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeep http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/13407758)
. Let him know you care about his happiness and...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 2,208
Posted By ginger_rodgers
Wow. I think Chickadee's in for a rough ride...

Wow. I think Chickadee's in for a rough ride however you slice it. However, Steph, I'd be prepared there for Chickadee's post-baby strategy to be "proving" that Owen's autism isn't as bad as you say...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 2,452
Posted By ginger_rodgers
Agree: His not wanting to get help does not...

Agree: His not wanting to get help does not necessarily mean he doesn't want to change. People who are seriously depressed may not be able to get help on their own.

However: It is not the...
Forum: Frugality & Finances   03-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 1,209
Posted By ginger_rodgers
Darien, If your dh has several ccs that he...

Darien,

If your dh has several ccs that he opened secretly, $20K on them, and money vanishing through the cracks, he has a real problem. Which means that you do too, and you and the kids need to...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 460
Posted By ginger_rodgers
Well, I got the adjunct job, though the money...

Well, I got the adjunct job, though the money isn't any too exciting. I'm being paid as an MA, not an MFA(-is-a-terminal-degree). Well, we'll see; it's a ten-week commitment max, and they'll pay for...
Forum: Blended and Step Family Parenting   03-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 5,248
Posted By ginger_rodgers
Quote: Originally Posted by Katie Bugs Mama...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Bugs Mama http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/13394481)
I agree that *ideally* the OP's DH...
Forum: Blended and Step Family Parenting   03-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 5,248
Posted By ginger_rodgers
smithie, I've worked with med students and docs...

smithie, I've worked with med students and docs for years, and count many of them among my friends, and I hear you. If everyone in this family were handling it, I'd agree with you.

However, the...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-19-2009, 03:20 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 329
Posted By ginger_rodgers
One Art, I take it that the rec-from-space...

One Art, I take it that the rec-from-space happened before the judge and lawyers said "go to the mediator in another town"? If so, I understand now why the judge wanted that. The mediators in your...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Replies: 50
Views: 2,262
Posted By ginger_rodgers
Quote: Originally Posted by ToastyToes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyToes http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/13391354)
You need to stick to the exact issue at...
Forum: Blended and Step Family Parenting   03-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 5,248
Posted By ginger_rodgers
I'm so sorry. OP, it does sound like...

I'm so sorry.

OP, it does sound like something has to give, and I suspect it's your dh's career path. Parents with SN kids and careers often learn the hard way that sometimes life ain't fair, and...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 555
Posted By ginger_rodgers
LoveOhm, as I recall, you have some backup from...

LoveOhm, as I recall, you have some backup from family. Before you file for support, I would look into hiring a good PI who can give the court an estimate of his expenditures, which will give them...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-18-2009, 03:25 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 2,208
Posted By ginger_rodgers
Quote: Originally Posted by StephandOwen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandOwen http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/13384602)
Obviously there is an upper cap to how...
Forum: Single Parenting   03-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 2,208
Posted By ginger_rodgers
So...um...not to make your eyeballs shoot out of...

So...um...not to make your eyeballs shoot out of your head, or anything, Steph, but what're you going to do when Chickadee decides that the reason Matt's such a craptastic dad is that you kept Owen...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250

 
Forum Jump: