Mothering Forums - Search Results

Showing results 1 to 25 of 224
Search took 0.80 seconds.
Search: Keyword(s): ; Posts Made By: KCMommy
Forum: Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy   05-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 378
Posted By KCMommy
You are probably right, Angelarose1, I guess...

You are probably right, Angelarose1, I guess that comment thread just hit home to me because I am an avid SNN follower and comment contributor.  I am conservative and usually of like-mind with those...
Forum: Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy   05-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 378
Posted By KCMommy
No problem, philomom - thanks anyway! Just...

No problem, philomom - thanks anyway!

Just FYI, here are a few of the comments there:
 
 
"Don't be so damned lazy woman pull the tit out of his mouth and make a friggin meal!!"
 
"I think...
Forum: Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy   05-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 378
Posted By KCMommy
If anyone feels like adding their voice to the...

If anyone feels like adding their voice to the comment section, it would be appreciated.  The responses are overwhelmingly against natural child-led weaning so far.  I feel like a bit of an...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   10-14-2010, 02:04 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 1,095
Posted By KCMommy
I am taking a full course-load of 5 classes...

I am taking a full course-load of 5 classes (mostly in the evenings) manage a daycare with 4.5 workers, and am solo parenting 2 young children - one who still breastfeeding. While I am managing to...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   09-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Replies: 42
Views: 2,351
Posted By KCMommy
My "for-profit" daycare does not charge any...

My "for-profit" daycare does not charge any extras, even for field trips skiing and swimming. We send home reports for each child with photographs every day, but just use our own digital cameras. I...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   09-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 2,069
Posted By KCMommy
Quote: Originally Posted by EdnaMarie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdnaMarie http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/15832248)
THAT SAID--The sweets. The negative...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   09-06-2010, 03:44 AM
Replies: 31
Views: 1,332
Posted By KCMommy
I start on Tuesday with 4.5 hours of classes. I...

I start on Tuesday with 4.5 hours of classes. I am stressing a bit because DD2 is still not in the habit of being away from me and I have to leave my business and five employees to fend for...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   09-02-2010, 03:21 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 948
Posted By KCMommy
I have to agree with some PPs that it may not be...

I have to agree with some PPs that it may not be an intentional slight. I am not great in social situations and will often chat on with a child without acknowledging the parents very well.
Forum: Working and Student Parents   09-02-2010, 03:18 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 535
Posted By KCMommy
This is my first year getting a Canada Student...

This is my first year getting a Canada Student Loan (and Grant, yay!) and I signed the forms at the post office, here in the Yukon. The lady at Financial Aid said the cheque would be mailed to me,...
Forum: Queer Parenting   08-26-2010, 02:45 AM
Replies: 405
Views: 13,521
Posted By KCMommy
Well, I did get true AF late Sunday, and it's...

Well, I did get true AF late Sunday, and it's been heavy. Neither my 7dpo progesterone nor 14dpo HCG and Progesterone test results have been released to me, but it clearly didn't take this cycle. I...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   08-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 2,270
Posted By KCMommy
I can see the employer's POV, and while I think...

I can see the employer's POV, and while I think it is rational for them to consider that sort of thing, I wouldn't have asked that kind of personal question in an interview myself. The employees at...
Forum: Queer Parenting   08-22-2010, 03:35 AM
Replies: 405
Views: 13,521
Posted By KCMommy
Library - OMG, your conversation with the...

Library - OMG, your conversation with the doctor's office was hillarious! My kids can't figure out why I've been in tears laughing at the computer.

Gellybean - Good luck with your insem series!...
Forum: Queer Parenting   08-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Replies: 405
Views: 13,521
Posted By KCMommy
Chiq - Oooo, exciting! Sending positive insem...

Chiq - Oooo, exciting! Sending positive insem vibes your way. Sorry, I may have missed it but are you doing IUI or ICI?

AFM - Well, I did see some blood which I still *think* is just an odd AF,...
Forum: Queer Parenting   08-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Replies: 405
Views: 13,521
Posted By KCMommy
Hi gals, Well, it looks like my first ever...

Hi gals,

Well, it looks like my first ever round of DIY insemination was a no-go. I have the start of AF coming now, 11 days after my second insem. Well, I wasn't really expecting to have a...
Forum: Single Parenting   08-19-2010, 12:50 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 1,014
Posted By KCMommy
My ex and his counsel are not responding to...

My ex and his counsel are not responding to requests for financial information either. We have actually been almost two years seperated (1.5 years with lawyers involved) and I still have no child...
Forum: Single Parenting   08-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 5,395
Posted By KCMommy
I always thought the farmer in Usborne's Apple...

I always thought the farmer in Usborne's Apple Tree Farm series was a single mother because I'd read about a dozen with no mention of anyone but her, her two kids, and the farm hand. Then, the other...
Forum: Single Parenting   08-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 674
Posted By KCMommy
I was broke after leaving the relationship,...

I was broke after leaving the relationship, because all accounts and investments were in his name, so I eventually had to sell the ring at a pawn shop. They wouldn't pay much for it because it was...
Forum: Queer Parenting   08-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Replies: 405
Views: 13,521
Posted By KCMommy
Paine - Wow, lots of insems per cycle, eh?...

Paine - Wow, lots of insems per cycle, eh? Sorry, I am new, so I don't know everyone's history - are you buying frozen?

Van - I never had to have a doctor sign off on mine, because I did...
Forum: Other (Reggio Emilia, Sudbury, Democratic)   08-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Replies: 26
Views: 9,234
Posted By KCMommy
Quote: Originally Posted by 3belles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3belles http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/15732221)
I am a Montessori teacher, who is obsessed...
Forum: Queer Parenting   08-13-2010, 02:59 AM
Replies: 405
Views: 13,521
Posted By KCMommy
Quote: Originally Posted by wehrli...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrli http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/15730652)
scarlett, i think i posted this all recently...
Forum: Queer Parenting   08-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Replies: 405
Views: 13,521
Posted By KCMommy
Wehrli - Thanks for the good info. I was...

Wehrli - Thanks for the good info. I was thinking maybe that doctor's offices had a one week jump on the normal 2wk drug store pregnancy tests. When you say ICI, do you mean you insem right into the...
Forum: Queer Parenting   08-12-2010, 04:07 AM
Replies: 405
Views: 13,521
Posted By KCMommy
Hi, can I join you here? I am a 31 year old SMC,...

Hi, can I join you here? I am a 31 year old SMC, trying to conceive my third child now. I am still nursing my 2.5 year old every couple hours day and night, but am cycling regularly. This is my...
Forum: Other (Reggio Emilia, Sudbury, Democratic)   08-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 4,104
Posted By KCMommy
Our daycare is already very child centred and I...

Our daycare is already very child centred and I am trying to start transitioning to a Reggio-inspired approach. I just wanted to ask some teachers with experience about what they are doing for...
Forum: Single Parenting   08-09-2010, 01:06 AM
Replies: 514
Views: 32,078
Posted By KCMommy
OK, just completed my first ever attempt at...

OK, just completed my first ever attempt at self-insemination. Very exciting, and a little stressful, but I know it'll get easier. Now I know all the things I need to have lined up, like 37 degree...
Forum: Trying To Conceive   08-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Replies: 284
Views: 8,121
Posted By KCMommy
Hi everyone, I would like to join this...

Hi everyone,

I would like to join this group. I am nursing my 2.5 year old and trying to conceive number 3. I am posting tonight because my Clear Blue Fertility Monitor finally is showing the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 224

 
Forum Jump: