Mothering Forums - Search Results

Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 1.44 seconds.
Search: Keyword(s): ; Posts Made By: Throkmorton
Forum: Family Safety   11-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Replies: 42
Views: 2,188
Posted By Throkmorton
I have had a lot of success getting 3-across in...

I have had a lot of success getting 3-across in very small cars in Canada. Try these combos:

Chase (what we had, actually), snugride rf, radian across will probably work best. We have fit this in...
Forum: Parenting   04-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Replies: 55
Views: 2,181
Posted By Throkmorton
It would probably be a good idea to buy Grandma...

It would probably be a good idea to buy Grandma some boosters, or have her do it herself.

They don't need to be anything overly fancy. Backless boosters are pretty easy for grandparents to figure...
Forum: Canada   02-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 603
Posted By Throkmorton
Not that's taking patients. Just say you...

Not that's taking patients.

Just say you aren't vaccinating. most will roll their eyes and carry on.
Forum: I'm Not Vaccinating   10-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Replies: 51
Views: 2,601
Posted By Throkmorton
Quote: Originally Posted by 3lilpunkins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilpunkins http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/12494506)
If you're using a religious exemption,...
Forum: Parenting   10-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 1,521
Posted By Throkmorton
Quote: Originally Posted by flapjack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/12490745)
I just don't see a justification for it. If...
Forum: I'm Not Vaccinating   10-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Replies: 51
Views: 2,601
Posted By Throkmorton
Quote: Originally Posted by llamalluv...

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamalluv http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/12493842)
May I humbly point out, not coincidence....
Forum: I'm Not Vaccinating   10-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Replies: 51
Views: 2,601
Posted By Throkmorton
Quote: Originally Posted by 3lilpunkins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilpunkins http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/12493296)
Apply that to the word "vaccination" add...
Forum: Gardening   09-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 395
Posted By Throkmorton
It should be fine, but warm it up in a pot...

It should be fine, but warm it up in a pot before you put it in the jars. Otherwise, you run the risk of a jar shattering when you put it in the hot canner water.
Forum: Finding your Tribe Archives 2008   08-21-2008, 02:01 AM
Replies: 1
Views: 359
Posted By Throkmorton
I'm around Kamloops. Not many other people who...

I'm around Kamloops. Not many other people who post though. We all hide, sneaky-like.
Forum: Personal Growth   08-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Replies: 212
Views: 12,468
Posted By Throkmorton
In my experience with several ICBLCs and the...

In my experience with several ICBLCs and the LLL, unless your child has a very obvious disability or you have had a mastectomy, the problems with breastfeeding are all because the mother isn't...
Forum: Gardening   08-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 543
Posted By Throkmorton
Yeah, watermelon is low in pectin. A commercial...

Yeah, watermelon is low in pectin. A commercial pectin product would be in order there.
The added commercial pectins in jam are there to gel it without the long cooking times. The sugar preserves...
Forum: Personal Growth   08-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Replies: 212
Views: 12,468
Posted By Throkmorton
My niece couldn't nurse because of her rough...

My niece couldn't nurse because of her rough start, so i I understand that side perfectly well. I wasn't judging non-nursing moms as lazy at all. Far from it.

It's some of the LCs I have met and...
Forum: Gardening   08-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 332
Posted By Throkmorton
That's a cherry bomb (possibly a sweet cherry,...

That's a cherry bomb (possibly a sweet cherry, they look alike). Pimentos grow differently.
They will get red as they ripen, just wait.
http://www.johnnyseeds.com/catalog/p...y=458&item=159...
Forum: Gardening   08-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 480
Posted By Throkmorton
Do you cook them or raw pack? Cooked tomatoes...

Do you cook them or raw pack?
Cooked tomatoes need a 45 minute or so processing time, raw pack is 100 minutes.
In a pressure canner, processing time is only 15-25 minutes....
Forum: Personal Growth   08-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Replies: 212
Views: 12,468
Posted By Throkmorton
Grrr! I just lost a huge post! Basically, I...

Grrr! I just lost a huge post!

Basically, I have had tons of BF issues. My friend wants me to become a LLL leader because every leader she knows has had it really easy, but I disagree with the...
Forum: Personal Growth   08-20-2008, 03:06 AM
Replies: 212
Views: 12,468
Posted By Throkmorton
Quote: Originally Posted by FancyD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyD http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/11989379)
My son was very sick after he was born, and...
Forum: Personal Growth   08-20-2008, 02:57 AM
Replies: 212
Views: 12,468
Posted By Throkmorton
Oooh! I'll join! Between c-sections, the cans of...

Oooh! I'll join! Between c-sections, the cans of formula that use up all my cupboard space and the daily meds for my little monster I am all over this tribe.
Forum: Gardening   08-20-2008, 02:42 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 480
Posted By Throkmorton
What is in it other than tomatoes? Thing is,...

What is in it other than tomatoes?
Thing is, to water-bath a tomato sauce you are talking about processing times of over an hour anyways. 55 minutes of processing, plus heat up and cool down...
Forum: Gardening   08-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 313
Posted By Throkmorton
Spider plants filter the air and their leaves...

Spider plants filter the air and their leaves die as they filter. Just keep watering (but not too much! Let it dry out a bit) and be patient.
Forum: Gardening   08-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 724
Posted By Throkmorton
Best so far: Armenian Cucumbers (but the...

Best so far: Armenian Cucumbers (but the tomatoes are just starting what promises to be an impressive harvest)
Worst: potatoes and herbs! Between the potato beetles and grasshoppers, they have all...
Forum: Stay at Home Parents   08-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Replies: 35
Views: 995
Posted By Throkmorton
DS: school 5 days/week 8:10-2:30 Soccer mon,...

DS: school 5 days/week 8:10-2:30
Soccer mon, tues and sat for September

Me and the girls:
Pickup DS from school every day
Monday coach soccer
tuesday coach soccer and playgroup...
Forum: Family Planning   08-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 676
Posted By Throkmorton
Yes, I would. In fact, DH got a vasectomy...

Yes, I would. In fact, DH got a vasectomy because he was 100% sure he was done with babies, but I was still on the fence.
Forum: Gardening   08-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 543
Posted By Throkmorton
yes, they are not interchangeable and that...

yes, they are not interchangeable and that no-sugar-needed stuff really affects the taste of the end jam.
You don't actually need to add commercial pectin at all. You will get a little less jam,...
Forum: Gardening   08-10-2008, 03:28 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 327
Posted By Throkmorton
Probably fine. We have only had our squash in...

Probably fine. We have only had our squash in for 8 weeks (and it's been cold) and we are harvesting.
Forum: Gardening   08-10-2008, 03:26 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 404
Posted By Throkmorton
My first few red peppers are alwaystiny. i don't...

My first few red peppers are alwaystiny. i don't get those big ones until Sept!
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250

 
Forum Jump: