Mothering Forums - Search Results
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 1.26 seconds.
Search: Keyword(s): ; Posts Made By: indignantgirl
Forum: Breastfeeding   08-25-2012, 05:16 AM
Replies: 334
Views: 6,703
Posted By indignantgirl
128-ish.  That's with three kiddos nursing 3+...

128-ish.  That's with three kiddos nursing 3+ years, and the current nursling being almost 15 months old.  I anticipate a total of 156 months by the end of nursing this one, but then no more because...
Forum: North and South Carolina and Tennessee   07-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,447
Posted By indignantgirl
We probably won't be able to visit both; his job...

We probably won't be able to visit both; his job will pay a certain amount of our expenses when he goes out to interview with the new boss for the transfer but that will have to be after we've...
Forum: North and South Carolina and Tennessee   07-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,447
Posted By indignantgirl
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by nyssaneala http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1357098/relocating-greenville-sc-or-charlotte-nc#post_17034355)...
Forum: North and South Carolina and Tennessee   07-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,447
Posted By indignantgirl
Stardogs, your point about living in the suburbs...

Stardogs, your point about living in the suburbs of CLT making it more similar to Greenville is exactly what I was wondering.  If I'm not going to really get the city experience of CLT because of...
Forum: North and South Carolina and Tennessee   07-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,447
Posted By indignantgirl
Thing is, the Charlotte option isn't exactly...

Thing is, the Charlotte option isn't exactly that because my husband would be working an hour east of Charlotte and doesn't want to commute all the way to Charlotte.  So we'd probably be about 20...
Forum: Preteens and Teens   07-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Replies: 26
Views: 2,165
Posted By indignantgirl
I think in this case I'd respect her desire to...

I think in this case I'd respect her desire to be called a different name, and support her when it comes to having teachers and family call her by it.  But as far as changing it legally, I'd make...
Forum: Life with a Toddler   06-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Replies: 142
Views: 77,258
Posted By indignantgirl
Both of my boys have had long hair, but one has...

Both of my boys have had long hair, but one has always kept his long.  Here he is at 3-ish:

http://www.mothering.com/community/content/type/61/id/255373/width/600/height/408...
Forum: Unassisted Childbirth   06-21-2012, 06:20 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 546
Posted By indignantgirl
I think the way I present it when asked (perhaps...

I think the way I present it when asked (perhaps my wording, perhaps my tone when I speak) keeps people from giving negative feedback, because I don't recall that I've ever received any.  I...
Forum: Breastfeeding   03-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,385
Posted By indignantgirl
It varies not only from person to person but...

It varies not only from person to person but from nursling to nursling.  I've always been the very definition of ecological nursing, including delayed solids and non-breastmilk liquids, cosleeping...
Forum: Family Safety   02-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 568
Posted By indignantgirl
It is hard coming to terms with it and there's...

It is hard coming to terms with it and there's really no easy way to.  I think my boys were almost 8 when I finally put them in boosters (they were previously in a Britax Regent) and my 5.5yo dd is...
Forum: Midwives   11-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 1,111
Posted By indignantgirl
I would also consider it a breach of...

I would also consider it a breach of confidentiality if my midwife (or any other health care provider) were to call a past provider and discuss anything about me.  She would be so fired.  I would...
Forum: Vegetarian and Vegan   10-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Replies: 26
Views: 2,521
Posted By indignantgirl
 Quote:Originally Posted by...



Quote:Originally Posted by KellyandBean http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif...
Forum: Vegetarian and Vegan   10-24-2011, 01:37 AM
Replies: 26
Views: 2,521
Posted By indignantgirl
Is she really failing to thrive?  Or is she just...

Is she really failing to thrive?  Or is she just thin and not carrying around extra weight?  For instance, does she have energy and strength to do age appropriate things?  Is her immune system good...
Forum: Unassisted Childbirth   09-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Replies: 62
Views: 9,424
Posted By indignantgirl
 Quote:Originally Posted by...



Quote:Originally Posted by Katie8681 http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1179065/do-you-do-the-pku-test/20#post_16653576)
No, there's...
Forum: Unassisted Childbirth   09-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Replies: 62
Views: 9,424
Posted By indignantgirl
At what point is it too late to bother with the...

At what point is it too late to bother with the test?  We've had 4 babies (last 3 UC) and the first 3 were tested.  Our new baby was an UP as well so we didn't have a midwife around to offer the...
Forum: Vegetarian and Vegan   09-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 902
Posted By indignantgirl
It was an easy decision for us because DH and I...

It was an easy decision for us because DH and I both went vegan shortly after our first baby was born and thus had a completely vegan household.  We've even had fairly long stints as raw-foodists...
Forum: Breastfeeding   08-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,712
Posted By indignantgirl
 Quote:Originally Posted by...



Quote:Originally Posted by JFTB1177 http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1327600/how-long-can-baby-have-breastmilk-only#post_16629925)...
Forum: Breastfeeding   08-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Replies: 12
  --
Views: 430
Posted By indignantgirl
I've never pumped in 10 years (so far) of...

I've never pumped in 10 years (so far) of breastfeeding my 4 babies, so it can absolutely be done!  My DH is very involved with every aspect of parenthood EXCEPT the milky part, so he never feels...
Forum: Breastfeeding   08-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,712
Posted By indignantgirl
Lots of people go to a whole year before...

Lots of people go to a whole year before starting solids (my last baby was 11.5m when she started).  I don't give solid food until a baby can actually eat solid food without it being mushed up and...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   08-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 1,179
Posted By indignantgirl
The center I worked at changed diapers every two...

The center I worked at changed diapers every two hours, plus any time there was a poop in between those 2 hours.  There is NO REASON that they can't change your baby as often as necessary.  Even...
Forum: Unassisted Childbirth   08-26-2011, 06:38 AM
Replies: 22
Views: 1,066
Posted By indignantgirl
3 UC's and I never once checked my cervix.  I...

3 UC's and I never once checked my cervix.  I never felt the need to know.  I mean, I was in labor, so I assumed I was dilating, and if I wasn't then it wasn't time to be dilating.  My "pushing"...
Forum: Vegetarian and Vegan   08-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Replies: 19
Views: 1,306
Posted By indignantgirl
So many great responses already, so I don't have...

So many great responses already, so I don't have much to add.  Except that I went vegan shortly after my first baby was born and was very militant about veganism for a good 6 years.  My first two...
Forum: Unassisted Childbirth   08-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 1,204
Posted By indignantgirl
With my first 2 UC's I had the normal...

With my first 2 UC's I had the normal ever-intensifying, ever-hastening contractions up to/through transition, and then all of a sudden, blessed relief!  I spaced out for maybe 5 minutes, both...
Forum: Unassisted Childbirth   07-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,200
Posted By indignantgirl
I've used 2 each time.  I had 3-4 stacked up...

I've used 2 each time.  I had 3-4 stacked up with the birth stuff, just in case I needed more but I never really had a messy labor/birth.  I had a rug or a tablecloth underneath me at the actual...
Forum: Unassisted Childbirth   07-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Replies: 35
Views: 15,269
Posted By indignantgirl
I have an irritable uterus and for all my...

I have an irritable uterus and for all my pregnancies I've used Wild Yam and Black Haw (or Cramp Bark) tinctures together.  It works like MAGIC.  I would not be pregnant without them in my...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250

 
Forum Jump: