Mothering Forums - Search Results

Showing results 1 to 25 of 221
Search took 0.86 seconds.
Search: Keyword(s): ; Posts Made By: Thao
Forum: Activism and News   05-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Replies: 411
Views: 16,008
Posted By Thao
Regarding the definition of terrorism, I think I...

Regarding the definition of terrorism, I think I would define it fairly narrowly, because I don't think the concept of "terror" (a very strong word) should get watered down. I'd define it as a...
Forum: Activism and News   05-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Replies: 411
Views: 16,008
Posted By Thao
For those of you looking for free banking...

For those of you looking for free banking services, try a credit union if you are eligible to join one. I bank with one and get free checking, free online billpay, free cash withdrawals from the...
Forum: Activism and News   05-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Replies: 411
Views: 16,008
Posted By Thao
 Well, probably we agree more than we think....


Well, probably we agree more than we think. Your statement bolded below is all I was trying to get at - there there is little qualitative difference between the people loudly celebrating OBL's...
Forum: Activism and News   05-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Replies: 411
Views: 16,008
Posted By Thao
 Quote:Originally Posted by...



Quote:Originally Posted by moonfirefaery http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1310998/bin-laden/240#post_16427615)

I...
Forum: Activism and News   05-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Replies: 411
Views: 16,008
Posted By Thao
 Quote:Originally Posted by...



Quote:Originally Posted by moonfirefaery http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1310998/bin-laden/220#post_16427133)

Thao,...
Forum: Activism and News   05-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Replies: 411
Views: 16,008
Posted By Thao
   Quote:Originally Posted by...


 
Quote:Originally Posted by moonfirefaery http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1310998/bin-laden/200#post_16426606)

We...
Forum: Activism and News   05-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Replies: 411
Views: 16,008
Posted By Thao
 Quote:Originally Posted by...



Quote:Originally Posted by moonfirefaery http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1310998/bin-laden/180#post_16426142)
Thao - ...
Forum: Activism and News   05-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Replies: 411
Views: 16,008
Posted By Thao
 Quote:Originally Posted by...



Quote:Originally Posted by moonfirefaery http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1310998/bin-laden/160#post_16425346)

Thao -...
Forum: Activism and News   05-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Replies: 411
Views: 16,008
Posted By Thao
"What if some other country in the world makes a...

"What if some other country in the world makes a determination that an American citizen is a bad guy who has caused the deaths of thousands in their country (*cough* Henry Kissinger *cough*)? Should...
Forum: Activism and News   05-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Replies: 411
Views: 16,008
Posted By Thao
(For some reason I can't get the quote button to...

(For some reason I can't get the quote button to work.)
 
"Thao, no part of that sentence was an assumption; it was what I see, what I think, and what I approve, in other words my opinion."
 ...
Forum: Activism and News   05-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Replies: 411
Views: 16,008
Posted By Thao
 Quote:Originally Posted by...



Quote:Originally Posted by moonfirefaery http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1310998/bin-laden/120#post_16424670)

Thao,...
Forum: Activism and News   05-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Replies: 411
Views: 16,008
Posted By Thao
 Quote:Originally Posted by...



Quote:Originally Posted by moonfirefaery http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1310998/bin-laden/100#post_16423756)

No, I...
Forum: Spirituality   01-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Replies: 123
Views: 4,537
Posted By Thao
  Quote:Is Buddhism a philosophy or a...


Quote:Is Buddhism a philosophy or a religion?


I think it depends on how you define the two words. Personally I consider it a religion, because it involves rituals that are designed to help...
Forum: Religious Studies   01-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Replies: 299
Views: 8,972
Posted By Thao
  Quote:Christ was not divided and He wasn't...


Quote:Christ was not divided and He wasn't into diversity, meaning every one can express their self.  Christ also didn't encourage every one to follow their preferences.


I think you are...
Forum: Religious Studies   01-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Replies: 299
Views: 8,972
Posted By Thao
  Quote:I hope Im answering your questions...


Quote:I hope Im answering your questions alright. Maybe Im not understanding your questions? I guess I wonder what conclusion you think I should come to when things like this happen. Im not...
Forum: Religious Studies   01-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Replies: 299
Views: 8,972
Posted By Thao
  Quote:This system damages the believers by...


Quote:This system damages the believers by annulling their function, by focusing on doctrine and not Christ, and by causing believers to have to choose which division to affiliate with.   I don't...
Forum: Religious Studies   01-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Replies: 299
Views: 8,972
Posted By Thao
  Quote:All of that said, I have no problem...


Quote:All of that said, I have no problem with believers who believe this and I can worship and enjoy Christ with them.  This is a doctrinal difference that can be over come.  The point is that...
Forum: Religious Studies   01-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Replies: 299
Views: 8,972
Posted By Thao
Right, so you have standards, nothing wrong with...

Right, so you have standards, nothing wrong with that. Your group is allowed to define yourself and say, for example, that based on your interpretation of scripture you will not accept a practicing...
Forum: Religious Studies   01-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Replies: 299
Views: 8,972
Posted By Thao
  Quote:Pointing out that the one church that...


Quote:Pointing out that the one church that God intended has become degraded is not dividing our self,


I think it would be considered very divisive to a member of the CC, EO and Anglican...
Forum: Religious Studies   01-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Replies: 299
Views: 8,972
Posted By Thao
That makes perfect sense, Genifer. But now the...

That makes perfect sense, Genifer. But now the standards to be accepted into Shami's "unified" church are more complicated - to be born again, and to show proper "fruit". Then of course one has to...
Forum: Religious Studies   01-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Replies: 299
Views: 8,972
Posted By Thao
Shami, I'm not really understanding how your...

Shami, I'm not really understanding how your group is any different from the multitude of other groups that say "we are closer to the truth than those others are". By focusing on the "degradation"...
Forum: Religious Studies   01-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Replies: 299
Views: 8,972
Posted By Thao
  Quote:I'd say it's fairness rather than...


Quote:I'd say it's fairness rather than justice. Justice simply means "according to the law" - God makes the laws, so by definition whenever He follows His own rules He is being just. He's hardly...
Forum: Religious Studies   12-31-2010, 11:37 AM
Replies: 299
Views: 8,972
Posted By Thao
  Quote:In practical terms, I think it's...


Quote:In practical terms, I think it's because secular culture has absorbed the idea that God is Love at the expense of any other attributes, so people feel cheated when God exercises wrath or...
Forum: Religious Studies   12-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Replies: 299
Views: 8,972
Posted By Thao
  Quote:Well, it's a strawman to apply it to...


Quote:Well, it's a strawman to apply it to all of Calvnism, as there are differing viewpoints within it; it's like disagreeing with universalism and saying it invalidates Arminianism. I think you...
Forum: Religious Studies   12-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Replies: 299
Views: 8,972
Posted By Thao
  Quote:The reason I come across so rabidly...


Quote:The reason I come across so rabidly pro-logic in my posts here is that I think there need to be very valid reasons (logical ones, as it were!) for determining it to be insufficient in any...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 221

 
Forum Jump: