Mothering Forums - Search Results

Showing results 1 to 25 of 246
Search took 0.55 seconds.
Search: Keyword(s): ; Posts Made By: annekh23
Forum: Lactivism   04-12-2010, 02:13 AM
Replies: 31
Views: 2,093
Posted By annekh23
My feeling is that if it's ok for a baby to be...

My feeling is that if it's ok for a baby to be there, it's ok for them to get breastfed, I don't know enough about the kind of event you are talking about to make a judgement on that and whether...
Forum: Breastfeeding   04-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 333
Posted By annekh23
I looked the drug up in Hale's like you said...

I looked the drug up in Hale's like you said it's L3, I noticed it was an anticonvulsant, but you mentioned a psychiatrist, so I'm answering on the assumption that it's a psychiatric problem, not...
Forum: Breastfeeding   03-25-2010, 01:45 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 550
Posted By annekh23
No milk at all is fairly unlikely. It can be...

No milk at all is fairly unlikely. It can be hard to express colostrum, whether by hand or by pump, it's possible not to see any evidence of it, but even with no breast stimulation there should be...
Forum: Postpartum Depression   03-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,019
Posted By annekh23
How about trying other remedies for some of...

How about trying other remedies for some of thing things in the placenta and cutting down to one a day?
Forum: Postpartum Depression   03-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 905
Posted By annekh23
I'm not sure this is a healthy way of thinking,...

I'm not sure this is a healthy way of thinking, PPD is an illness, but because it affects the brain and your emotions, one of the treatments is to encourage healthy thought processes, getting the...
Forum: Breastfeeding   03-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Replies: 41
Views: 1,878
Posted By annekh23
I still think there is a huge dose of the...

I still think there is a huge dose of the statistics of how many people you see, how much time is spent nursing etc that makes not seeing a baby nursing being the more common occurance by far.

I...
Forum: Lactivism   03-22-2010, 01:22 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 1,041
Posted By annekh23
I've no idea whether they carry nursing bras or...

I've no idea whether they carry nursing bras or not, but I don't particularly care, they are a business, they should sell what makes them money rather than try and be all things to all people, not...
Forum: Postpartum Depression   03-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,579
Posted By annekh23
Dunno where mom0810 got her info from, but...

Dunno where mom0810 got her info from, but Hale's has St John's Wort as L2, which is the same as Zoloft. The issue seems to be that because it isn't a medicine it doesn't have to meet standards and...
Forum: Breastfeeding   03-20-2010, 01:49 AM
Replies: 41
Views: 1,878
Posted By annekh23
How often do you see babies bottlefed in public?...

How often do you see babies bottlefed in public?

It's true that you don't often see a lot of breastfeeding in public, but then how often do you see bottlefeeding? I see bottles, but poking out of...
Forum: Homebirth   03-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 1,086
Posted By annekh23
Quote: Originally Posted by MeepyCat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepyCat http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/15204681)
There are cases when the problems of...
Forum: Breastfeeding   03-15-2010, 02:10 AM
Replies: 23
Views: 939
Posted By annekh23
Quote: Originally Posted by KempsMama...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempsMama http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/15181899)
Well I'll chime in here and say while it's...
Forum: Lactivism   03-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 656
Posted By annekh23
I think it's technically within the code, there...

I think it's technically within the code, there is a theory that follow on milk only exists to allow companies to continue to market formula within the code. I suspect the company isn't only working...
Forum: Breastfeeding   03-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Replies: 23
Views: 939
Posted By annekh23
I guess I wouldn't be thinking 5 showers for 5...

I guess I wouldn't be thinking 5 showers for 5 weddings was particularly normal, unless it's usual to invite every female guest to the shower? He's 8mths old now, which means he's going to get more...
Forum: Lactivism   03-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Replies: 44
Views: 4,212
Posted By annekh23
Before I read it I was thinking it was something...

Before I read it I was thinking it was something worth talking about, it is an option and it's rarely presented as one, etc.

Then I read it! There were just so many factual inaccuracies, we can...
Forum: Breastfeeding   03-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 660
Posted By annekh23
There are a handful of rare disorders that mean...

There are a handful of rare disorders that mean being overweight, or high weight for height, or even a particular pattern of where fat is, can be one of the diagnostic signs, but for weight to be...
Forum: Lactivism   03-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 2,456
Posted By annekh23
Quote: Originally Posted by uumomma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uumomma http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/15173710)
just stopping by to see if you have an update...
Forum: Lactivism   03-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 9,735
Posted By annekh23
[QUOTE=ein328;15141021]The amount of protein,...

[QUOTE=ein328;15141021]The amount of protein, calories, etc. normally provided by the placenta exceeds what is provided by breastmilk- if babies that pre-term were still in uteru, they would be...
Forum: Lactivism   03-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 9,735
Posted By annekh23
I like the Jack Newman article, though I...

I like the Jack Newman article, though I disagree a bit with is 7th point, I don't think test weighing every feed is a good idea, particularly with the time limits and not actually know what a baby...
Forum: Lactivism   03-02-2010, 02:35 AM
Replies: 22
Views: 2,456
Posted By annekh23
What happened at Great Wolf Lodge, we're...

What happened at Great Wolf Lodge, we're thinking of going there soon!

You're right that a church can't physically prevent you from being in a service, but then that isn't why I go to church,...
Forum: Lactivism   03-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Replies: 22
Views: 1,654
Posted By annekh23
I just went to the site and it was pretty easy...

I just went to the site and it was pretty easy to read the messages without paying or registering, I just clicked the entry to the forums button that is below the paypal button, then there was a...
Forum: Breastfeeding   03-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 532
Posted By annekh23
Most EPers end up that way because breastfeeding...

Most EPers end up that way because breastfeeding doesn't work out or because it wasn't possible to initiate at birth and if later attempts are possible, they don't work out.

With my 3rd I did...
Forum: Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy   03-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 518
Posted By annekh23
I've never tandem nursed as I dried up very...

I've never tandem nursed as I dried up very early in pregnancy with my first then had a larger gap between babies, but I'm nursing a 9mth old right now and I really identify with the "I'm tired" bit...
Forum: Lactivism   03-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 2,456
Posted By annekh23
lots of good ideas, thanks, I haven't contacted...

lots of good ideas, thanks, I haven't contacted firstright, I'm not entirely sure what they are or what they do, if anyone can explain that easily, it would helpful.

The reason I don't just go...
Forum: Lactivism   02-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 2,456
Posted By annekh23
My husband just got back from meeting with our...

My husband just got back from meeting with our church leadership, having written a letter in response to them telling me I am not allowed to nurse uncovered anywhere but the uncomfortable and...
Forum: Lactivism   02-18-2010, 02:01 AM
Replies: 68
Views: 3,723
Posted By annekh23
Both my parents grew up surrounded by animals,...

Both my parents grew up surrounded by animals, my dad's parents were dairy farmers and my mum's parents kept goats and donkeys as well as cats and dogs. My parents aren't really animal people, we...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 246

 
Forum Jump: