Mothering Forums - Search Results

Showing results 1 to 25 of 244
Search took 0.95 seconds.
Search: Keyword(s): ; Posts Made By: lacysmommy
Forum: The Case Against Circumcision   04-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Replies: 114
Views: 8,855
Posted By lacysmommy
I have two younger brothers, one intact and one...

I have two younger brothers, one intact and one circ'ed. I never knew what circumcision was, just that they looked different from each other. I became aware of circumcision when I was a teenager....
Forum: Elimination Communication   04-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 704
Posted By lacysmommy
1. What is the most annoying comment (or...

1. What is the most annoying comment (or misconception) someone made to you about EC? That it's training the parent, not the baby.

2. Most memorable EC miss? Oh gosh. We were at a park and YDD...
Forum: Elimination Communication   04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 826
Posted By lacysmommy
I like the gowns for my baby. Also baby legs are...

I like the gowns for my baby. Also baby legs are great for keeping their legs warm!

I do low-key EC and just have him wear whatever and a cloth diaper. I find that he can hold it until I get a...
Forum: The Case Against Circumcision   12-22-2009, 04:35 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 1,595
Posted By lacysmommy
I'm due with my 3rd baby (our first boy) in...

I'm due with my 3rd baby (our first boy) in about 5-6 weeks. I didn't really talk DH into not circumcising our son. But he angrily said to me tonight, "FINE. We'll do it YOUR way." And when I tried...
Forum: Lactivism   12-16-2009, 03:31 AM
Replies: 82
Views: 3,808
Posted By lacysmommy
My DH and I were both breastfed. Our mothers...

My DH and I were both breastfed. Our mothers were both FF. My dad was breastfed for a short amount of time (he was "allergic to her milk" but unfortunately he was also allergic to formula- or...
Forum: The Case Against Circumcision   12-10-2009, 04:58 AM
Replies: 31
Views: 2,131
Posted By lacysmommy
My DH was concerned about this because there was...

My DH was concerned about this because there was some teasing going on in the locker room when he was on swim team with some of the uncut guys. I talked to my uncut brother who is just a few years...
Forum: The Case Against Circumcision   11-03-2009, 03:03 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 683
Posted By lacysmommy
I've wondered about the circ rates being...

I've wondered about the circ rates being accurate, personally. Are they all based on hospital discharge? Around here, circumcisions are not performed in the hospital at all, and I know a few baby...
Forum: The Case Against Circumcision   10-28-2009, 03:48 AM
Replies: 58
Views: 2,645
Posted By lacysmommy
Two of my brothers were circed. One is intact....

Two of my brothers were circed. One is intact. He is intact because my father is military and we lived in a small community in Germany, so my brother was born in the local German hospital. They...
Forum: Lactivism   10-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Replies: 52
Views: 2,396
Posted By lacysmommy
I got mad and complained when I got formula...

I got mad and complained when I got formula coupons after buying breastfeeding items. I even called the company that makes the little coupon machines. Yeah, that was 3 years ago. It's still...
Forum: Washington, Oregon, Idaho   10-14-2009, 05:19 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 428
Posted By lacysmommy
Thanks for all the information. I'm seeing her...

Thanks for all the information. I'm seeing her on Saturday and I'll pass this information along to her. I'm not sure if she's open to the idea of a breech HB. I really wish there were OBs who would...
Forum: The Case Against Circumcision   10-13-2009, 02:34 AM
Replies: 14
Views: 2,730
Posted By lacysmommy
Quote: Originally Posted by glongley...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glongley http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/14498682)
The Canadian Pediatric Society estimates a...
Forum: Washington, Oregon, Idaho   10-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 428
Posted By lacysmommy
My friend has a breech babe, and is working to...

My friend has a breech babe, and is working to get him turned. She's going for a homebirth this time after a traumatic birth experience last time and would really hate to risk out due to breech....
Forum: The Case Against Circumcision   09-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Replies: 56
Views: 2,160
Posted By lacysmommy
I was talking to my brother recently because I...

I was talking to my brother recently because I recently found out I'm having a boy, and DH and I disagree about circ, and I wanted to talk to an intact man about how it was growing up intact. I...
Forum: The Case Against Circumcision   09-07-2009, 03:03 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 438
Posted By lacysmommy
I've been using a doctor for my kids for 2...

I've been using a doctor for my kids for 2 years. I like her pretty well- she is pro vax but respects our vax decisions, and is a believer that the parent and the doctor are a team that work...
Forum: The Case Against Circumcision   09-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 581
Posted By lacysmommy
A question from a mom gestating a boy... does...

A question from a mom gestating a boy... does the poop ever get inside the foreskin, especially if the foreskin is extra long? If it does, how do you get the poop out? I'm totally clueless here.
Forum: Lactivism   08-09-2009, 03:03 AM
Replies: 40
Views: 1,737
Posted By lacysmommy
Quote: Originally Posted by kkar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkar http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/14204581)
Ironically though, from what I've heard on local...
Forum: January 2010   06-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 695
Posted By lacysmommy
I'm seeing my midwife in mid-July when I hit 12...

I'm seeing my midwife in mid-July when I hit 12 weeks. I think that's pretty standard for MWs though.
Forum: January 2010   06-09-2009, 04:49 AM
Replies: 45
Views: 916
Posted By lacysmommy
I've been eating apples almost constantly. And...

I've been eating apples almost constantly. And vegetables. Last night I made vegetable beef soup, with extra vegetables and light on the beef, and tonight I made homemade chicken teriyaki in the...
Forum: I'm Pregnant   06-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Replies: 32
Views: 1,984
Posted By lacysmommy
Go! I was just reminiscing today about five...

Go! I was just reminiscing today about five years ago when I went camping. I was about 34 weeks pregnant, and had a great time. So many people were surprised a woman in my stage of pregnancy would...
Forum: January 2010   06-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Replies: 54
  Gender
Views: 949
Posted By lacysmommy
I have two girls already, and contrary to...

I have two girls already, and contrary to society's expectations, I really want another girl.
Forum: January 2010   06-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 395
Posted By lacysmommy
I'm drinking RRL tea, the traditional medicinals...

I'm drinking RRL tea, the traditional medicinals stuff, but I'm hoping our local co op or herb shop has it loose in the bulk section. We have the greatest little herb shop down town and I've bought...
Forum: January 2010   05-31-2009, 04:10 AM
Replies: 29
Views: 382
Posted By lacysmommy
Quote: Originally Posted by umbrella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrella http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/post/13854415)
My nursing little one is 3, will be 4 by the...
Forum: January 2010   05-31-2009, 01:22 AM
Replies: 22
Views: 458
Posted By lacysmommy
I've gotten nauseated a couple times, once...

I've gotten nauseated a couple times, once because of Swiss chard (I don't know why I keep trying to force myself to like that stuff!) and another time because of hard boiled eggs at a buffet.

My...
Forum: January 2010   05-31-2009, 01:19 AM
Replies: 29
Views: 382
Posted By lacysmommy
My daughter just turned 3. I am in the process...

My daughter just turned 3. I am in the process of weaning her. I think she'll get annoyed with nursing really soon, because I'm already seeing a decrease in supply. Tonight she was totally...
Forum: January 2010   05-29-2009, 04:47 AM
Replies: 53
Views: 2,661
Posted By lacysmommy
I'll take any excuse to go shopping at the bead...

I'll take any excuse to go shopping at the bead store http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/wink1.gif

I'm in. Sounds like a lot of fun!
Showing results 1 to 25 of 244

 
Forum Jump: