Mothering Forums - Search Results
Showing results 1 to 25 of 135
Search took 1.17 seconds.
Search: Keyword(s): ; Posts Made By: amber3902
Forum: Working and Student Parents   11-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 1,415
Posted By amber3902
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by Simonsez2u http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1391947/work-life-balance-how-do-you-do-it#post_17502249)
 The...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   11-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 1,415
Posted By amber3902
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by salr http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1391947/work-life-balance-how-do-you-do-it#post_17501773)
...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   11-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 1,415
Posted By amber3902
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by salr http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1391947/work-life-balance-how-do-you-do-it#post_17501673)

So maybe...
Forum: Parents as Partners   11-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Replies: 84
Views: 1,791
Posted By amber3902
Quote:Originally Posted by captain...

Quote:Originally Posted by captain optimism http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif...
Forum: Parents as Partners   11-06-2013, 06:04 AM
Replies: 84
Views: 1,791
Posted By amber3902
I agree with PP. My husband and I went to 4...

I agree with PP. My husband and I went to 4 different counselors and he discounted the ones that didn't agree with him. It only works if you are able to admit where you are wrong and put worth the...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   11-06-2013, 05:47 AM
Replies: 43
Views: 1,207
Posted By amber3902
Quote:If anything, I felt our family was...

Quote:If anything, I felt our family was strengthened by the sometimes very objective view that our child care provider(s) had toward my children. 


Good point and I agree! I am extremely...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   11-06-2013, 05:37 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 1,415
Posted By amber3902
I'll have to look up that Flylady system,...

I'll have to look up that Flylady system, Lauren, sounds like what I do.

I don't have an exact schedule either, but I do have certain days that I'll do something. For example - Tuesday or...
Forum: Parents as Partners   11-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Replies: 84
Views: 1,791
Posted By amber3902
  Quote:   He is very resentful of having to...


Quote: 
 He is very resentful of having to work hard to support us.  In the last two years he has basically closed his business trying to find a new direction - he works two days a week, but...
Forum: Special Needs Parenting   11-05-2013, 06:11 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 504
Posted By amber3902
Ugh, that's too bad Pattimomma.  I agree it...

Ugh, that's too bad Pattimomma.  I agree it makes no sense for ya'll to attend the memorial service.
 
Too bad your MIL doesn't get it.  I find sometimes what works is if you become a broken...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   11-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Replies: 43
Views: 1,207
Posted By amber3902
Quote:I think that internet communication really...

Quote:I think that internet communication really reinforces the dynamic of "by describing my experience, I am implicitly criticizing other choices" and that's really too bad.


 
I agree.  I...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   10-31-2013, 12:08 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 1,207
Posted By amber3902
Another thing, I don't know why SAHMs would feel...

Another thing, I don't know why SAHMs would feel guilty for staying home.

If they are doing all the things they say they are doing, there is no reason to justify staying home.

Same as I don't...
Forum: Parents as Partners   10-31-2013, 10:44 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 463
Posted By amber3902
 First off, get some birth control.  If you...

 First off, get some birth control.  If you can’t afford the pill or if it makes you sick, try an OTC spermicide.  I've used them before and they work.
Sorry to have to tell you this, but this is...
Forum: Stay at Home Parents   10-31-2013, 07:48 AM
Replies: 212
Views: 10,585
Posted By amber3902
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by mamazee http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   10-31-2013, 07:15 AM
Replies: 43
Views: 1,207
Posted By amber3902
Another important thing to think about, are the...

Another important thing to think about, are the financial repercussions of not working. 
 
I wonder if SAHMs ever think of what they will do if their marriage fails.  Given the fact that 50% of...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   10-31-2013, 05:58 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 1,415
Posted By amber3902
Becca, those are some great ideas that I am...

Becca,
those are some great ideas that I am going to have to steal!
 
I notice one thing take makes a big difference is having a supportive partner.
When I was married, I felt more like a single...
Forum: Single Parenting   10-30-2013, 07:44 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 566
Posted By amber3902
MamaRuga,   I don't have much advice for...

MamaRuga,
 
I don't have much advice for dealing with your ex having a new girlfriend, but I wanted to comment on something else.  It sounds like you are overwhelmed, taking care of two kids by...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   10-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 1,207
Posted By amber3902
 Superfizz – you must have seen that thread...

 Superfizz – you must have seen that thread started a while back about negativity about SAHMs.
So glad you started this thread.  I had to take a break from the forum because of that thread.
 
I...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   10-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 1,415
Posted By amber3902
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by VEforlife http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1391947/work-life-balance-how-do-you-do-it#post_17493289)
 Could...
Forum: Special Needs Parenting   10-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 504
Posted By amber3902
I'm so glad I'm divorced and don't have to deal...

I'm so glad I'm divorced and don't have to deal with my MIL anymore.
 
So, Pattimomma, how did it go?  Have you had any response to your email?
Forum: Stay at Home Parents   10-25-2013, 05:58 AM
Replies: 212
Views: 10,585
Posted By amber3902
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by SunnieP http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif...
Forum: Stay at Home Parents   10-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Replies: 212
Views: 10,585
Posted By amber3902
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by SunnieP http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif...
Forum: Stay at Home Parents   10-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Replies: 212
Views: 10,585
Posted By amber3902
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by lrj85 http://www.mothering.com/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif...
Forum: Working and Student Parents   10-24-2013, 07:10 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 1,415
Posted By amber3902
I’m sure there was a thread about balancing work...

I’m sure there was a thread about balancing work and life but I thought I’d start a new one.
How you do balance work/home/kids/life and find time for yourself?
I work eight hours a day and get off...
Forum: Stay at Home Parents   10-24-2013, 05:42 AM
Replies: 212
Views: 10,585
Posted By amber3902
Pepin, I’m so sorry if my post upset you, that...

Pepin, I’m so sorry if my post upset you, that was not my intention! 
Hey folks, I was not trying to imply that SAHMs are lazy or anything like that at all!  I was just trying to explain why some...
Forum: Stay at Home Parents   10-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Replies: 212
Views: 10,585
Posted By amber3902
OP, I think part of the reason you're getting...

OP, I think part of the reason you're getting more flack now that your kids are older is because it seems the only reason a mother would stay home is to save money on child care.  Once your kids are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 135

 
Forum Jump: