Mothering Forum banner

Dinner - What Are You Having?

180K views 5K replies 253 participants last post by  annwlenox 
#1 ·
I didn't see a recent active thread about dinner, and since I love to cook to and eat I thought I'd start one.

Last night we had ham and scalloped potatoes (using leftover Easter ham) and tonight we had bamee noodles with barbecued pork.

Tomorrow night, I'm thinking about doing a bacon and whiskey chili since it's so rainy and cool, but I'm not sure yet. Who knows what I'll want tomorrow?

What's everyone else doing for dinner?

#7 ·
Even though it's chilly and looks like rain, we're going to fire up the grill for steaks. We're going to marinate them in some red wine and worcestershire sauce, then I'm going to cook down the marinade with some carmelized shallots to make a sauce. Some canned green beans and croissant rolls on the side.

#9 ·
I had a bacon cheeseburger from Perkins... :( I hate being on the road... and my tummy hates it too.

The last meal we had at home was homemade runzas: ground beef, cabbage & mozzarella wrapped in pita dough and baked... YUMMY!

#12 ·
cooking for just me lately- my husband associates 'big games' (Stanley Cup) with take out, burgers, etc- weirdo. i eat a normal dinner when the final episode of the Bachelor is on:)

So, having salads with corn and bbq seitan and homemade rolls past few pms. One of my favorite standbys- tonight added asparagus from farmers mkt- yummy- one week left of asparagus here and im getting my fill!!!!

#13 ·
Last night, we had a very "processed" meal: sloppy joes on whole grain bread and fresh grapes.

Tonight: Speghetti

Reactions: Zipi Vainstein
#17 ·
bbq tofu, quinoa and roasted vegetables (sprinkled with smoked paprika..yum!)

#23 ·
so excited about all the great food i prepared for tonight- and most of the week (I hope!!) - all local produce makes it even more exciting :)

roasted beets with spring onions on local greens with cukes, cherry tomatoes, and corn- only non-local additions were avocados, olives, veg chicken with Nutr yeast- YUMMERS

#26 ·
I'll bite. 2 nights ago we had smoked chicken and scratch baked beans w/lots of onions and bell peppers in it, plus grape salad.

last night we had cornbread, pinto beans made w/bone stock and a smoked pig carcass (we frequently have very small pigs cut in half to use up), rice for the one who doesn't like cornbread, cherries, sauteed cabbage, grilled spaghetti squash, and roasted sweet potatoes. All cooked outside.

Tonight will be tacos w/leftover smoked chicken. When I make tacos I make one thing, and that's it. I get out my chafing pan and fill it up w/already-stuffed tacos (I make around 30 on a normal night for us), and I include lots of veggies in the meat filling. We usually take the tray outside and eat on the trampoline or by the pool if the weather is right.

Tomorrow night is clean-out-the-fridge night as we are off on a mini vacation the next day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.