Mothering Forum banner

Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Clothing, Outerwear, and Shoes Challenge

841 views 59 replies 6 participants last post by  HappyHappyMommy 
#1 ·
Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Clothing, Outerwear, and Shoes Challenge Thread

As the winter holidays are rapidly approaching, The Holiday Helper Program needs your support. Our first Holiday Helper Challenge of 2013 is to make sure that the children of our Families in Need (FINs) receive the clothing that has been requested.

We are looking for clothing, outerwear and shoes in sizes 2T and above. This clothing can be new or gently used. You can visit our Master Needs List to see what each family has requested, read about the individual FINs in our Families in Need Forum, or you can post to the I Have Available Thread with what you have to offer and our lovely volunteer match makers can make the matches for you. Also, if you see a FIN that you want to help, but you don't have the time to shop for, you can send a gift card for one of their needs.

If you have any questions, please contact HappyHappyMommy and QueenOfTheMeadow

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

"I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver."

Maya Angelou

Children's Clothing (2T and larger), Outwear, and Shoes

#2(MA): Sneakers with velcro; size 3, for a boy

#2(MA): mittens/gloves, for family

#6(WI): Cowboy boots size ladies 7, for a girl

#6(WI): Pajamas size 8-10, for a girl

#11(NC): Clothes Size 14 In Girls, for a girl

#13(CO): clothes much appreciated, size 10, shoes size 4 kids, for a boy

#13(CO): shoes, gently used size 13 kids, for a boy

List updated as of Monday, January 13th, 10:40 pm US Eastern time.

Holiday Helper will run through January 15, 2014, but let's see if we can meet these needs sooner!

See less See more
#4 ·
There is nothing like the feeling of putting on a new or new to you outfit, especially when you're a kid! There is also nothing like having to dress your child in something that doesn't fit well or isn't warm enough as a mom. Let's pull together and see if we can put some smiles on the faces of our Families in Need this holiday season! I know we can do it!

#8 ·
There are two gifts of clothing that I loved receiving as a child, both when I was around 5. My uncle was in the Vietnam War (showing my age here) and sent me the most beautiful yellow silk nightgown, very Asian inspired. I remember crying when I outgrew it. The other was a pair of red, leather lederhosen from some very good friends of my parents. They were from Germany, had gone back to visit family, and brought them back for me. I still have those cute little things.

You'll be amazed how wonderful you feel when you help one of the families through Holiday Helper!

#11 ·
One of my favorite gifts was a nice pair of warm gloves. The kind I could wear sled riding. We played in the snow a lot as kids, building forts and tunnels and the best runs for our sleds down a steep hill in our neighborhood. Every year, my Grandma made sure we had the best hats and gloves. I always took my hat off when no one was looking but the gloves stayed on. :)

#14 ·
My parents give their four grandchildren every year special Christmas pajamas and it is already a tradition they treasure.

Wearing something cozy to bed makes you sleep so much better.

Things were tight when I was little but I don't really remember wanting for anything. I can't imagine not being able to buy essentials for my kids. It must be heartbreaking.

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springshowers View Post

My 4 year olds favorite thing to wear in the winter is long sleeves dresses with leggings. Warm and fashionable. Amazing this young they already have their own fashion sense..
I love thinking of fashion as a way of expressing ourselves!

And I love pajamas. There are definitely not just for sleeping; I wear mine all the time.
:)

#19 ·
"How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it!" -George Elliston

Holiday helper needs everyone's support to get special gifts to our Families in Need. Can you help meet a clothing need from the list above? Or is there another need you can meet. You can visit our Master Needs List to see what each family has requested or you can post to the I Have Available Thread with what you have to offer and our lovely volunteer match makers can make the matches for you. Or if you see a FIN that you want to help, but you don't have the time to shop for, you can send a gift card for one of their needs. Thanks to everyone supporting Holiday Helper!
:thumb

#22 ·
Quote:

I shared a bunch of clothes from my daughters closet with one of the moms here. When I looked in her closet I could see so many things she never wore. Kids really pick their favorites and repeat. I am lucky my dd has a grandma that loves to buy little girl clothes.
Aren't grandmas wonderful?!

#23 ·
Quote:

I shared a bunch of clothes from my daughters closet with one of the moms here.
I love being able to share clothes with others. Some of my DC's favorite clothes are ones that we received from friends with older children. It's always a delight when I can share clothes that my DC has outgrown with someone else.
:)

#26 ·
Last year I did not have a warm coat or snow pants, and a wonderful friend gifted me with a coat and snow pants. It just made winter so much better. I could go out in the snow and play with my kids and not freeze. I really hope that we can get all these children to be able to enjoy the winter and stay warm!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.