My family loves taco night, and ever since we got the Nuni Tortilla Toaster, taco night is not limited to (Taco) Tuesdays! With this healthy recipe, I don’t feel guilty eating tacos twice (or three times) a week!
This recipe is for two people only, so if you’re having a big taco party, remember to do your math right!
- 4 corn tortillas (serves two people)
For the salmon:
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of natural Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 2 handfuls of cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 clove of garlic
For the add-ons:
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 4 cups of chopped lettuce
- 1 lime (halved)
- Preheat your oven to 425 F
- Create the salmon’s seasoning mix by combining the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Rub the olive oil around the salmon fillet. Then rub in the seasoning mix and place on a tray.
- Once the oven is heated, place salmon in the oven until ready (about 20 minutes). I like to broil the salmon for the last minute it is in the oven.
- While salmon is baking, chop the lettuce and avocado and place on a dish. Then make the creamy sauce by mixing the Greek yogurt with the (squeezed) lime, cilantro, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- When everything is prepped and the salmon is almost ready, heat up the corn tortillas. I use the Nuni toaster, which is why I save the tortillas for last. I just pop them in the toaster and they’re ready in one minute. If you don’t have the Nuni, you can always heat up your tortillas on the stove or in the oven.
- Once the tortillas and salmon are ready, put everything on plates, and let your guests help themselves. Serve with lime for squeezing!
- If you like it hot like me, add sriracha sauce to your tacos!