If you love tacos as much as I do, then you’ll definitely appreciate this taco salad, made with your favorite taco ingredients!
Since this recipe is super easy and involves no cooking, frying, or baking, you can easily get your little one to help you make it!
Related: Easy Recipe: Healthy Salmon Tacos
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 cups of shredded lettuce
- 2 ripe organic tomatoes sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro (I use 1 cup because I LOVE cilantro)
- 1 ripe avocado sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 cup of beans
- leftover grilled chicken cut into bitesize pieces (optional)
- cheese of choice shredded. I like cheddar. (optional)
- 1/2 lime
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of salsa
- a handful of cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the dressing first. In a large bowl, combine sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper, and lime juice from half a lime.
- Then add all your salad ingredients except for the lime.
- Mix well with the dressing.
- Squeeze in the other 1/2 lime and mix.