To kick off National Salad Month, we’re introducing you to a simple, vitamin-packed salad recipe that you can whip up within minutes: the Kale Greek Salad.
We swapped lettuce for kale because the latter has more fiber and calcium content. Raw kale is a powerful antioxidant and an excellent source of Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and iron. Despite these awesome benefits, it’s often difficult (or impossible) to get our kids to eat these magic greens. But combined with feta cheese, organic tomatoes, and avocado, kale transforms into a food your kids will actually get excited about!
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 cups of chopped kale
- 2 – 3 large organic tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- half an onion (diced)
- a handful of feta cheese (we used skim)
- a handful of your favorite olives
- half a large cucumber (diced)
- half a cup (or more) leftover chicken breast pieces
- half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Set the lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper aside.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon into the bowl and add the olive oil.
- Add the salt and pepper
- Mix and serve!