People tend to think red cabbage needs to be cooked to be enjoyed. Well, they haven’t tried this incredibly simple red cabbage salad, inspired by my favorite dish of all time — fish tacos.
I make fish tacos once a week and try to experiment with different fillings each time. This is by far my favorite filling recipe. If you chop up the ingredients extra thin, you can put it in your tacos. Otherwise, you can make a big salad and enjoy it as a side dish with your favorite protein.
Here’s the recipe:
Ingredients (for two servings of salad):
- 1/2 head of red cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- half a lime
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, chopped cilantro, minced garlic, and diced avocado.
- Squeeze half a lemon into the bowl.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add sour cream.
- Serve as a side salad, or add it to your tacos! (It’s DELICIOUS in a taco stuffed with grilled salmon.)