2Likes
  • 1 Post By lil_miss_understood
  • 1 Post By DanielaStone

#1 of 9 Old 11-25-2019, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Bell shaped flowers

I would like to grow bell shaped flowers. How to grow them and what varieties are better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 11-25-2019, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Dude, that is not easy actually to grow bell shaped flowers because they are mostly very weak flowers and need special conditions t grow. But there are many types of bell shaped flower in the world, so some of them are good for room vase. You have to put him on sunny place anyway, because it is a spring flower and it needs a lot of ultraviolet light. So strictly don`t recommend you to put them into dark place. And also watering should be moderate. Don't water them every day. 2-3 times a week would be enough, depends from the size of flower. I have at home siberian bell shaped flower. I really like them.
#3 of 9 Old 11-25-2019, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller21pfg View Post
Dude, that is not easy actually to grow bell shaped flowers because they are mostly very weak flowers and need special conditions t grow. But there are many types of bell shaped flower in the world, so some of them are good for room vase. You have to put him on sunny place anyway, because it is a spring flower and it needs a lot of ultraviolet light. So strictly don`t recommend you to put them into dark place. And also watering should be moderate. Don't water them every day. 2-3 times a week would be enough, depends from the size of flower. I have at home siberian bell shaped flower. I really like them.
I want to grow in my garden

#4 of 9 Old 11-25-2019, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The Fuchsia genus (which generally grows in zones 10 through 11, but can get as low as zone 6) contains more than 100 members, native to warmer climates like Central and South America and New Zealand. Often, the visually pleasing, bell-shaped flowers that hang from its stems grow to be pink, white or fuchsia – the deep, rich red/purple named for the plant. Many gardeners enjoy the unique shape of the plant's flowers and its vibrant colors.

As its flowers droop from its stems, commercial fuchsia plants often appear in hanging baskets. Mostly, fuchsia plants are shrubs, but there are two relatively large trees: F. excorticata in New Zealand can grow to be 50 feet tall; and the Mexican tree fuchsia, F. arborescens, that can grow to be 33 feet tall.
#5 of 9 Old 11-30-2019, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
If you are talking about Angels' Trumpet flower, they are deadly and I would suggest you plant something else. https://curiosity.com/topics/the-hal...dly-curiosity/

Also daffodils are beautiful, but it is a bulb plant and all bulbs are poisonous.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
#6 of 9 Old 12-03-2019, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like fritallaria flowers but, as a previous poster stated, they're a bulb and thus poisonous.

ETA:
It may also be easier for posters to give some ideas if they know in which climate zone you live.
applejuice likes this.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#7 of 9 Old 02-05-2020, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hi everybody, it seems that this forum is so useful. Could you help me a little? How do you take care of your garden, your plants? I have no idea what to start with. I am a beginner gardener) I have recently moved into a new house with perfect place for picnics and sunbathing near the pool. But I don't know how to grow a nice green not very high grass. My mother told that I should read an article about best garden tips and devices. Could you advise me anything else?
applejuice likes this.
#8 of 9 Old 02-05-2020, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Go to your library and ask if there are any copies old/new of Organic Gardening. It is a great magazine that has been around for 70 years. There are videos on YouTube to help you also.

Learn how to make a compost pile and maintain it.

That has helped me over the yrs.

Learn about some plants that like to grow w/other plants and which do not like other plants.

Lettuce and beets grow very well for the beginning gardener. Let us know.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/an-ill...&idiq=32890914

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
#9 of 9 Old 05-19-2020, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gardening is my hobby, can't live without it

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page