Child safe garden - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 07-25-2020, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Child safe garden

Hi all. We have a small patch of our garden which is relatively flat, and the rest is a bit of a hill. We cleared the flat part only to discover that there were uneven paving slabs underneath the shrubs /tree stumps etc. Any ideas how to make this uneven surface child friendly? We wanted to put a fence on the other side too but the concrete slabs meant this was not possible. We've been advised the bricks In the retaining wall were not secure enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-28-2020, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
An uneven surface isn't a bad thing for children. There is a lot to be learned at a young age of how to move and how to maintain balance and children are being deprived of opportunities to challenge themselves in "perfect" play areas. I attended a lecture recently by a couple that are looking at physical education for children in a new way. The husband works with professional athletes internationally and has to teach them basic skills that kids used to learn innately in the past. Children need the chance to walk on uneven surfaces and even how to balance on an unstable surface, like a wobbly rock; how to run, keeping track of their friends while not tripping over things in their path and how to figure out how to cooperate in achieving common goals.
#3 of 3 Old 10-26-2020, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think you should contact the builders who will be able to clear the area of these slabs. And my advice to you, it is better to redo all this space for the children's yard, so that they can spend their free time there. My friend wanted to have her own garden where she could grow vegetables and herbs, so there was not enough space for a playground for her children. As a result, because of the crap soil, nothing has grown and the children also have no place to play. Now after my advice she read the article on https://indoorgrowtech.com/best-inline-fan/ and made a small grow tent with an inline fan and now she has all the planted crops growing perfectly.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page