Daily gardening thread for everyone - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 07-26-2020, 03:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Daily gardening thread for everyone

Post what gardening things you did today, and anything else you want to share about your findings. Applies all year and for indoor/outdoor gardening.

I trimmed our Privet hedges by hand, took 6 hours to prune off every badly positioned branch. Now they look dead and I've got blisters on my hands, and I have to clean up all these branches ugh! but all branches point up and hopefully will all fill in with straight, new branches.

Did some watering.

My apple tree finally opened its flowers so my yard has an apple scent.

Newborn gypsy moth caterpillars are falling on me from the trees, they are kinda cute and around here are kept in check. as well as maple pollen falling, ahh-choo!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-30-2020, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I think if people share what they do in their garden, it will motivate others well!
#3 of 4 Old 07-30-2020, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hmm, this is really a very useful topic in which maybe others can find useful ideas for their garden. Lately, I haven't done much in my garden. This is usually watering, cleaning and so on. In short, I just keep the garden in the state in which it was. The thing is that about a year ago I spent a lot of time trying to ennoble it. I don't have any unusual trees in my garden, so it's not very difficult to take care of them. I am proud of my garden primarily for its atmosphere. It is very cool to be in it in the evening. There are small lanterns on many trees, there are steep paths and benches throughout the territory, and in the center there is a small fountain, near which I love to sit in the evening. There are other decorations, of course, but these are my favorites. I bought them in more than four stores, but most importantly, I bought at https://www.mayfield-market.com/prod...tegory/garden/ . Perhaps in the future I will expand my garden, but at the moment I do not have time for this

#4 of 4 Old 07-31-2020, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireboy1337 View Post
Hmm, this is really a very useful topic in which maybe others can find useful ideas for their garden. Lately, I haven't done much in my garden. This is usually watering, cleaning and so on. In short, I just keep the garden in the state in which it was. The thing is that about a year ago I spent a lot of time trying to ennoble it. I don't have any unusual trees in my garden, so it's not very difficult to take care of them. I am proud of my garden primarily for its atmosphere. It is very cool to be in it in the evening. There are small lanterns on many trees, there are steep paths and benches throughout the territory, and in the center there is a small fountain, near which I love to sit in the evening. There are other decorations, of course, but these are my favorites. I bought them in more than four stores, but most importantly, I bought at https://www.mayfield-market.com/prod...tegory/garden/ . Perhaps in the future I will expand my garden, but at the moment I do not have time for this

Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page