Head lice cure - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 12-07-2018, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Head lice cure

Hello
I wanted to post this for anyone finding lice in hair that they just can't get rid of.

I got the critters in August and it's now December. I tried almost Everything you can think of . All natural things and Chemist bought products,
Not Combs, Tea tree oil, vinigar etc etc.

Because different stage eggs and lice can be in your hair, the info regarding life cycle should be ignored.
When you treat your hair with anything like Hedrin or lyclear, they tell you to treat agin in say 7 days. Because you don't know what stages of lice and eggs are in your hair, the 7 day rule should be ignored. I stuck to the 7 day rule and it didn't work, and not only did it not work, what they don't explain is you end up with an infestation because they multiply even more .

The CURE

Extra hold hairspray is the answer!!
I chose the weekend to start. I sprayed on in the open air using fingers as guide and cold liquid spray running on scalp.
I sprayed close to the scalp so I could feel the cold
Liquid on my scalp. I then worked outwards from the scalp and covered my entire head of hair. I bunched my hair into a top knot spraying under the top knot well before, My hair was wet with laquer and slower to harden but did of course harden. I then wore a top that buttons to neck or choose a zip top same. The critters will fall from your head as they can't cope with the hairspray.
Every two hours I removed my top carefully and shook in bath and watched the critters land in bath.I also did my trousers same . I also did slippers and banged shoes in bath .
Every 2 hours, I then sprayed again under crusts of hair, gently levering them up and spraying, and did this every two hours and shook top same. By 8 hours, most of the critters were dead and had dropped into bath after top shaking.
The.eggs become dry, dehydrated by the laquer.
I left in overnight and as I had a top knot it didn't interfere with sleep. Next morning, shower. Use shampoo and conditioner and lice comb... I have to say, regarding lice combs, I bought 3 different types and none good in my hair as my hair is ultra fine... so, useless!
Well, I washed off lacquer, conditioned hair, then when hair dry, sprayed again. Thick thick coating all over hair and scalp, 2 hours later, took off top, Shook top, noticed only a couple dropped out. I used 1 and half tall lawyers cans in two days.
In between all of this I vacuumed my bed linen (tired of washing bedding continuously. Vacuumed all chairs sat in (with end of tube so full suction). Bought Dettox laundry disinfectant and did all towels, clothes worn, any bedding, and washed at 60 degrees for clothes and 90 degrees.for towels and bedding.
I vacuumed everywhere. I used a diluted bleach in a flat sponge mop in toilet and bathroom and rinsed in bath and saw them in bath, mostly dead. I did floors agin next day . In day 3, woke up, shampooed hair, conditioner, used a comb, nothing to be seen. Sprayed hair again when dry. Shook top every 2 hours, nothing......... Now don't stop here...... remember if any eggs Or lice have survived, the eggs can hatch and you don't know stages of what's in hair. I didn't put as much hair laquer in on 4th day. I put mostly in Scalp and first 2 inches of hair from scalp and less on other parts. Nothing to be seen.
Used white bath as guide each time.
It's been 2 weeks, put less laquer in from 5th day. Only did scalp and 1inch from scalp. Nothing. I'm going to repeat this for another week. Vacuum, wash towels etc in same way as above.

Summary
So.... my humble opinion is that hair laquer is the answer. All methods, with as much diligence as the one above, DID NOT WORK! Chemist treatment caused infestation using their advice.
My problem was made worse by very fine hair. No one to help nit pick, following alledged stages when really you don't know what's in hair, stage-wise.

Hope this helps all who are struggling to eradicate these blighters!

Karen age 60.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page