Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Shelburne, VT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by cwaddick
* What was your most recent use of EOs, why, how, and in what form (mister, diffuser, bath time, massage, shampoo, plastic spray bottle for cleaning, etc.)? I used lavender to relax in a bath on Saturday afternoon when my partner took the boy out for the day.
* What EOs do you use most frequently with your children and how? What EOs did you use (or avoid) while pregnant? Just lavender, in baths and such. And eucalyptus and thyme in the humidifier when he's sick. Didn't use many oils when I was pg. Didn't avoid them, just didn't use them.
* What EOs do you use for cleaning and how? Please share your recipes. What kind of containers you use? How do you label them? What is their shelf life?I make spray cleaner and powdered cleanser. The spray cleaner is just water, vinegar and eo's (usually tea tree, lavender and citrus oils) in a spray bottle. The cleanser is just borax, baking soda and the same e.o.s. in a shaker bottle. I don't label them and I have no idea of their shelf life because we go through them quickly!
* What is your favorite carrier oil and why? How do you use it? Well, my favorite 'vehicle' for eo's is unrefined shea butter. Whipped shea butter is luxurious on skin.
* What is your favorite EO blend and why? I make a blend of lemon, eucalyptus, rosemary and litsea cubeba that I adore. I could smell it all day. I use it in soap, bath products, room sprays. Citrus smells are so refreshing and sunny to me, and the combination of the citrus and herbal smells... I just love it.
* Have you ever misused an EO? Tell us about it. (i.e. Choose a poor carrier oil. Sprayed a mist somewhere you regretted it. Blended EOs that didn't go together.) Well, I dumped a whole 4 oz. bottle of rosemary e.o. all over my kitchen. Does that count as 'misuse'?
* What kind of diffuser do you use (room, car, jewelry, electric, candle, hot water on the stove,on a lightbulb, etc.)? What kind of diffuser do you recommend? Please share the web link for it, if you can. I use a simple candle diffuser. Inexpensive, simple, effective.
* How do you store your EOs? How are they labeled? Do you date them? In their original bottles on a shelf in the hallway closet. No dates (that's a good idea, though!)
* Among pure essential oils, which have the shortest and longest shelf life? Have you ever had any oils go bad? How did you know? What is the shelf life of your recipes (i.e. your cleaning spray)? How do you know when it is not longer effective? These are good questions... I have had some oils for 2+ years without a noticable decline in scent (though perhaps in therapeutic qualities?). Others have faded, though I've never had a pure e.o. smell rancid or bad. I try to buy only what I'll use within a year.
* What is your favorite recipe for EOs in a base of liquid Castile soap? Well, I'm in love with my lemon-herb blend above. And lavender with tangerine or peppermint.
Originally Posted by Jessmcg
I have a question. My SIL is deathly scared of flying. My ILs are taking all of us (kids, spouces, ect) to Hawaii for 2 weeks over Christmas. I would like to make her something that would help on the plane, any ideas? I have a bouttle of Rescue Remedy, but any EO ideas?
|9 members and 1,829 guests|
|Brinkley18 , K703 , KerriB , kie.mohid , lauritagoddess , megaluv2give , Muller21pfg , Realdeal , stellanyc|
|Most users ever online was 21,860, 06-22-2018 at 08:45 PM.|