Homemade Recipes for Natural Body Care products - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 06-05-2007, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies. I'm in the process of trying to change my home to being more natural and chemical free. I have recipes for cleaning products around the house and laundry detergent that are all-natural. What are some of your favorite recipes for natural body care? Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, shaving cream, baby wash and shampoo, toothpaste, deoderant, etc. Any help would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-05-2007, 11:09 AM

For bodywash, i like to use oatmeal, i grind it up in my food processor, and mix it with water, i have never had anything leave my skin feeling so soft, it's kind of messy but i love it! I would definately recommend that to anyone. I also will use a washcloth and just scrub my skin with water, this has also made my skin very soft and it feels so good! on my arm pits i use baking soda to scrub them with and this also works great for me. I'm also in the process of changing alot of the stuff that i use on my body and this place helps alot. Good Luck!
#3 of 5 Old 06-05-2007, 02:14 PM

I have shampoo, conditioner (regular and leave in), sunscreen, bug spray, facewash, and toner. If you want, pm me with your email addy (or I'll give you mine, and you can email me and I'll email you back) and I'll send them as attached word documents.

For shave gel, use aloe. For a guy, get a mug, a brush ($5 at Wal*Mart) and hunk of soap, they also have shaving soap at WM for $1, and it will last at least a year.

For soap recipes (good for bodywash, and pine tar soap makes a fantastic shampoo bar, esp. in combination with no poo) go to millersoap.com.

Trying to turn hearts and minds toward universal healthcare, one post at a time.

#4 of 5 Old 06-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Leta ~ I would love some of those recipes too! If you don't mind.

brittneyscott ~ First of all - congrats on getting the toxins out of your home!

I am also in the process of learning about natural skin care but there are a couple of things I learned here on MDC that I love already! For a face wash - just plain old honey is wonderful! (as I've sure you've read in a lot of threads) It doesn't take off make-up but it leaves your face feeling soft and supple. For toner, I use a mixture of ACV and water. 1:7 For a moisturizer, I've been using Jojoba Oil, but it's a little too light for me so I'm looking into something that's a little more moisturizing. If you don't have dry skin, I think it is great. For an every few days face exfoliant, I love using a combination of oat flour, oat bran and sea salt. The ratio is 2:1:1 and I just mixed it up in a bowl and then put it in an old glass spice shaker that I keep in the bathroom. When I first tried it, it left my face a little red, but it went away quickly. It could feel a little harsh at first, so you may need to play around with it if you have really sensitive skin.

Also, at the top of the Natural Home and Body Care page there is a sticky with lots of great recipes! Check it out!

I'm looking forward to reading more recipes on the thread!
#5 of 5 Old 06-08-2007, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittneyscott View Post
Hi ladies. I'm in the process of trying to change my home to being more natural and chemical free. I have recipes for cleaning products around the house and laundry detergent that are all-natural. What are some of your favorite recipes for natural body care? Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, shaving cream, baby wash and shampoo, toothpaste, deoderant, etc. Any help would be great!
I would go to the less toxic products webpage (google that, not sure about exact address off hand). It tells you the best natural products for each category and makes suggestions for at home recipes for those categories. I also use care2.com's green living section.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page