mama cloth? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 10 Old 12-18-2007, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
not sure which section to post this question in so I will post it here. If this is the wrong place let me know and i'll move it!

what kind does everyone prefer?
do the fabric wings wick and cause it to get on clothing?
how do you store them after use and before washing?

thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 12-18-2007, 08:20 PM

subbing. I was going to buy some before my next AF, but the choices are overwhelming and they're so expensive.

I'm considering buying the Fuzzy Bunz ones because I use those diapers on my son and love them.

C'mon, I know there are more users of mama cloth here. Lets get some reviews!

Lisa

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! https://www.mothering.com/articles/user-agreement

#3 of 10 Old 12-19-2007, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

bump....
anyone out therre???

#4 of 10 Old 12-19-2007, 12:29 PM

I bought some off of ebay to try them out. I prefer the flannel topped oned vs cotton. I like the wings ti help keep them in place. The ones with PUL on the bottom are great. I had a tiny amount of wicking on the thread.

I (lol) am storing the dirty ones in a plastic cream puff tub. I have a canvas bag I store the clean ones in.
#5 of 10 Old 12-19-2007, 12:34 PM

I've got some Glad Rags that I like all right, some others I got in a swap that I LOVE and can't remember the brand, some Maiden and Crone that I LOVE and got in a swap, and an assortment of WAHM that I'll use only if everything else is in the wash--I'm sure there are fabu WAHM pads out there, I just haven't found them, yet.
#6 of 10 Old 12-19-2007, 01:20 PM

Hag Rag is my absolute favorite so far. Cute pads and super awesome customer service

I really want to like Homemade Mama's liners because they are so trim. But I find the snaps a little difficult to undo and I'm always worried that I'm going to end up ripping one of the wings.

I just got some pads yesterday from Diaper Ware:
-I got a velour pad from Hillbilly Bunny, it is SOOOO soft, can't wait to try it.
-I got a fleece/brocade pad from Mommy's Touch Brocades. It is gorgeous and soft.
-I also got an AIO pad from Fresh Moon Pads. Again, very soft and I love that the moisture barrier is fleece, not plastic.

I recently ordered from Ama'z Pads based on reviews that I read (here, I think?). I haven't rec'd them yet so can't comment but she did get good reviews...somewhere, LOL, so thought I'd post it.
#7 of 10 Old 12-19-2007, 01:26 PM

How about if I answer your other two questions too

do the fabric wings wick and cause it to get on clothing?
I've not had this problem but so far I've been using a Moon Cup all of day 2 and half of day 3 because those are my heavy days.

how do you store them after use and before washing?
If I need to change one while I'm out, I put it in a cloth baggie until I get home. You might be surprised at how little they smell compared to disposable pads. I sure was!

Once I get home, or if I'm already at home, I soak them in cold water until bed time. Then I give them a little prewash at the sink, rinse well, and lay on the counter to dry overnight. In the morning, I just toss them in the laundry basket and they get washed the next time DH does laundry.
#8 of 10 Old 12-19-2007, 01:27 PM

We don't do anything special with ours in terms of washing--no presoaking or anything. They just get washed with underwear and/or towels on hot. Seems to do the job.

Like a pp, I use the Diva Cup for the most part, so I don't have good input WRT heavy flow days.
#9 of 10 Old 12-19-2007, 01:34 PM

I got mine at tlc-pads.com. They are the only ones I have ever tried, but when I was reading here almost three years ago, LisaJaney had a good reputation. I ordered a small batch of 6 to start, and ordered 7 more later of several different sizes. My fav's are the tri fold ones. They are easier to me than stuffing and unstuffing. It takes a while of using/washing to get them up to full absorbancy, so in the beginning I would put a sposie liner under the cloth if I had to go somewhere. I store the soiled ones under the sink in the bathroom in an empty wipes box. I soak them and try to wash daily if possible, or every other if necessary. Cold water, rinse a few times then wash. I really like them. I have had a few leaks, mostly just on my panties, but no big deal.
#10 of 10 Old 12-19-2007, 01:44 PM

i love New Moon's pads. they are my fav. buuuuut a close second is **drum roll please** my premie Indian Cotton Prefolds and they are about $1.25 each. so soft and fluffy and comfy....

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page