Need help with my diva cup - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 02-12-2008, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just tried the diva cup for the first time this last weekend. I really think I had it in right, and it was collecting just fine. The problem I have is that it is almost sticking out. The pokey thing is sticking out, but even the bottom part of the cup is right there, and as I move around and just do my thing, it seems to work it's way further down. Any suggestions? I really am wanting to love my diva cup! I wore it at night and I didn't have as much of a problem, I guess because I was essentially motionless. It felt fine during that time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-12-2008, 04:53 PM

I think the movement of the cup takes a little getting used to, myself. Give it a cycle or two, and you'll come to find what is regular movement for the cup within your body. Now that I'm better used to it, the moving around doesn't bother me, but it did a little at first. Good luck!
#3 of 4 Old 02-12-2008, 05:51 PM

I find I have to insert mine a lot higher than what they recommend. I wear mine further up toward my cervix, tilted forward so that the stem doesn't jab me from the inside. I did also trim the stem down to nearly nothing.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif

#4 of 4 Old 02-13-2008, 12:32 AM

I also had to completely trim off the stem. I seem to be fairly 'short' and it sounds like you're describing where the stem was out and the base of the cup is right there.

The other thing that was suggested and makes a little sense, is the condition of the pelvic floor muscles. Our little one is just a year old and I know those muscles are still pretty bad. Doing Kegel exercises will help strengthen those muscles and seem to help keep the Diva Cup in place. I've been using it four months and each month it seems to sit in place a little better. I tried pushing it up a bit higher, but realized the top can touch the cervix and I can still see the bottom. I swear the cervix gets higher as my period goes on... Anyways, later in my period it sits much better.

If I were you I'd get rid of the stem and work from there. Definitely a 'work in progress' for me!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page