Immigration laws. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#31 of 56 Old 11-17-2006, 06:25 PM
 
traycanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_Cyber_Cat View Post
Well, I know I dont have immunity to MMR (checked with my mom) and my med asked for proof over the phone when i made an appointment, (bring the proof of any vax with you)
If you grew up in a place where MMR was not routinely given, there is an awfully good chance you are immune to those diseases. You can be exposed to the diseases and have no outward symptoms and still gain immunity. My parents assured me I never had measles, mumps, rubella or chicken pox and I am immune to all of them. I was, however, vaxed for measles. My brother had mumps and cp, my sister didn't have any childhood diseases either. We are all immune.

I'm not saying you shouldn't use the waiver, I think it's a very good idea to have it prepared. But should you run into any trouble, you can always resort to having titres checked. You may be surprised at the results.
traycanadian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#32 of 56 Old 11-17-2006, 06:27 PM
 
traycanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
I hear ya.

I love your siggy by the way!
I only plagiarize the best!
traycanadian is offline  
#33 of 56 Old 11-17-2006, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter
 
Love_Cyber_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: USA OH
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hm...
So, should I just file the waiver, pay the fee and be done with it? Or should I lie, say I was vaxed while a child or TTC right now?
I just do not want to be vaccinated cause I am against vaccination! I do not want to put my baby in any danger at all ( having MMr while breastfeeding)- while would I want to inject poison into my body???? Why do they ( Govermen) makes it so difficult? If vax are working- they should not worried about me beeing a danger to the rest of ppl, right? Why all the fuss?
Love_Cyber_Cat is offline  
 
#34 of 56 Old 11-17-2006, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter
 
Love_Cyber_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: USA OH
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by traycanadian View Post
I only plagiarize the best!
Love_Cyber_Cat is offline  
#35 of 56 Old 11-17-2006, 06:52 PM
 
traycanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypixels View Post
http://www.hhs.gov/nvpo/law.htm#Immi...ization%20laws


http://www.formdomain.com/affidavi1.htm

There's a PDF file from INS here that may be helpful...
http://www.immigration.com/newslette...cineguide.html

http://laws.adoption.com/statutes/im...ccine-act.html
Which seems to imply that an exemption is available for children coming in as long as the parents agree to vaccinate within 30 days. (Which may be relevant to your kids, unless they were born here)

Anyways, it is a law, but there is an exemption available...
http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/va...uirements.html


I hope that helps and you're able to get it all worked out!
This is the waiver (form I-601) that I considered submitting. It was $265! This might be the one you need. I-690 is for people submitting under special circumstances, no?

This is a really complicated issue and frankly USCIS purposely makes it even more complicated, imo. OP, if you are submitting your application without the assistance of an immigration lawyer, please make sure you have the right forms submitted for everything, particularly this vax issue. One wrong form, one wrong move could hold up your application process. I had a friend who submitted her application incorrectly and she basically had to start over. In the meantime, she was unable to leave the country to visit her dying grandfather (because she didn't know she had to file a form to be able to do that) until her application was completed.

Keep us posted. Good luck.

Tracy
traycanadian is offline  
#36 of 56 Old 11-17-2006, 07:03 PM
 
traycanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_Cyber_Cat View Post
Hm...
So, should I just file the waiver, pay the fee and be done with it? Or should I lie, say I was vaxed while a child or TTC right now?
I just do not want to be vaccinated cause I am against vaccination! I do not want to put my baby in any danger at all ( having MMr while breastfeeding)- while would I want to inject poison into my body???? Why do they ( Govermen) makes it so difficult? If vax are working- they should not worried about me beeing a danger to the rest of ppl, right? Why all the fuss?
Yes, it's ridiculous, of course. I mean, I was living in the US for over 5 years before they wanted me to satisfy these vax requirements. So, really, if they were worried about me bringing in these horrific diseases, you'd think they would make it a more immediate requirement. It's stupid and I honestly think most of the doctors who are doing these exams know that. That's why some of them will just take your word for it that you had the diseases, some will happily draw titres and some may help you find other ways...I don't know. They might go along with the TTC or "I might be pregnant".

I knew vax was a deal breaker for me and my dh supported my decision. So if it came down to forced vax or moving back to Canada, my dh would happily move back! Fortunately, I was able to make it very clear to the doctor that I would not be getting vax and he helped me out.

Are you going to an assigned civil surgeon or do you get to pick your doc? If I were you, I would research the waivers, make sure you have the right one, prepare it and take it with you to the exam. Don't bring it up until you talk to the doc about your position. Like I said, he may be able to help you out. If not, you can always file the waiver.

T
traycanadian is offline  
#37 of 56 Old 11-17-2006, 08:12 PM
 
BurgundyElephant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Growing moss on my North side.
Posts: 1,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post

Yes they do . . . and if you don't have adequate antibodies, you're typically harassed by a nurse with a needle at the hospital before discharge.
Or they can come in with the vax at three in the morning, wake you up when you're asleep, and tell you they're doing it then. [The rubella shot] Right after you had the baby and are completely out of it. Then you can get arthritis like the 1 in 20 women like I did! :
BurgundyElephant is offline  
#38 of 56 Old 11-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Spy
 
Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_Cyber_Cat View Post
Hm...
So, should I just file the waiver, pay the fee and be done with it? Or should I lie, say I was vaxed while a child or TTC right now?
Well, having been vaxed as a child wouldn't be a lie - you were, most likely, vaccinated for measles and you are likely to be naturally immune to mumps and rubella. But it is easier to just file the waiver as it deals with all vaccinations together, in one go, why bother proving immunity one by one, each at separate cost? And even if you prove you don't 'need' MMR, who knows what else they will think you are 'missing'? I would file a waiver and get it over with.
Spy is offline  
#39 of 56 Old 11-17-2006, 09:17 PM
 
traycanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy View Post
Well, having been vaxed as a child wouldn't be a lie - you were, most likely, vaccinated for measles and you are likely to be naturally immune to mumps and rubella. But it is easier to just file the waiver as it deals with all vaccinations together, in one go, why bother proving immunity one by one, each at separate cost? And even if you prove you don't 'need' MMR, who knows what else they will think you are 'missing'? I would file a waiver and get it over with.
While I don't think it's a bad idea to be prepared with the waiver, I do not think it's a good idea to go ahead and file it. Have you seen the form? It is absurd, really has nothing specifically to do with vaxes and imo is just going to cause delay of application. And it is unlikely that the OP even needs it.

If you read the forms that the doctor fills out (I-693), it clearly says that the doc is not required to enforce mandatory vax but only to encourage you to get them. Please, just go to the doc first before complicating your application. His job is to examine you, do the required tests, encourage you to get vax, fill out the form and seal the envelope. He has no right, authority or responsibility to get you vaxed!

If you decide to file a waiver, I-601 is the appropriate one. It costs $265 to file. This is a very confusing form.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD


I-690 is not the correct waiver. It refers only to two specific special categories of applicants.
I-690
This form is used to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility by
an applicant for adjustment of status under section 245A or
210 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

INA: ACT 245A - ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS OF CERTAIN ENTRANTS BEFORE JANUARY 1, 1982, TO THAT OF PERSON ADMITTED FOR LAWFUL RESIDENCE

INA: ACT 210 - SPECIAL AGRICULTURAL WORKERS
traycanadian is offline  
#40 of 56 Old 11-18-2006, 02:20 AM
 
wombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,975
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_Cyber_Cat View Post
Hm...
So, should I just file the waiver, pay the fee and be done with it? Or should I lie, say I was vaxed while a child or TTC right now?
You can't lie about being vaxed as they want proof. Like that vax card that everyone in the USA has but no one in my country had. Basically something with the vax details on it, dated and signed by the doctor who gave it. I was also vaxed by TB as a teenager, I had the scar on my arm to 'prove' it and they wouldn't accept that either.

The waiver is the surest way to avoid all vaxes, but the most hassle and expense. I was outside the USA when I went through this and I was afraid it would delay my application being approved. There was also a thread on here a while back about a woman who they refused her first request for a religious waiver - saying her reasons were 'moral' ones and not religious ones. They can be real pains about it. You have to word it carefully.

How fussy the doctors are in accepting contraindications to vaxes may vary also - depending on what country you're in and how vax happy the doctor is. The doctor I had didn't seem so concerned about them, and didn't bat an eye when I explained I was just waiting to confirm my pregnancy this month.
wombat is offline  
#41 of 56 Old 11-18-2006, 11:05 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,867
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
I would go for the waiver.The other things just postpone.If we had known about vax issues I would have never allowed my dh to get them.He too was pushed for an MMR and Td as part of the immigration process,and his health has been poor since.

Also,watch out for TB issues.If you have had the BCG(like my dh) they will require a chest x-ray since the mantoux comes up positive-duh he had the BCG.Regardless of a clear chest x-ray they will then push you to take liver damaging medication...just in case you have TB(or get it). I finally wised up after reading the insert in a PDR,and threw out dh's meds. Though the meds DID cause liver issues after taking them for only a month.

I know a good lawyer in the NE ohio area.We paid less than 2k,but without issues you can just file everything on your own.
sahli29 is offline  
#42 of 56 Old 11-18-2006, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
 
Love_Cyber_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: USA OH
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have heard from my friend about BCG- yes I did have it and it will test positive for TB, but apparently ( as my friend said) Meds know about it cause we are from Russia and will not push any medications....
I also know a guy who is a good lawyer, he is a friend of our family, would not charge us too much, but still- would charge- I will try to file on my own and then- we'll see.
Thank you!
Love_Cyber_Cat is offline  
#43 of 56 Old 11-18-2006, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
 
Love_Cyber_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: USA OH
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by traycanadian View Post
While I don't think it's a bad idea to be prepared with the waiver, I do not think it's a good idea to go ahead and file it. Have you seen the form? It is absurd, really has nothing specifically to do with vaxes and imo is just going to cause delay of application. And it is unlikely that the OP even needs it.

If you read the forms that the doctor fills out (I-693), it clearly says that the doc is not required to enforce mandatory vax but only to encourage you to get them. Please, just go to the doc first before complicating your application. His job is to examine you, do the required tests, encourage you to get vax, fill out the form and seal the envelope. He has no right, authority or responsibility to get you vaxed!

If you decide to file a waiver, I-601 is the appropriate one. It costs $265 to file. This is a very confusing form.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD


I-690 is not the correct waiver. It refers only to two specific special categories of applicants.
I-690
This form is used to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility by
an applicant for adjustment of status under section 245A or
210 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

INA: ACT 245A - ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS OF CERTAIN ENTRANTS BEFORE JANUARY 1, 1982, TO THAT OF PERSON ADMITTED FOR LAWFUL RESIDENCE

INA: ACT 210 - SPECIAL AGRICULTURAL WORKERS
Wow- thanks! great Info!
OK, so so far I am planning on going to the Doc and telling him I have had been vaccinated ( I actually have a record somewhere, that I was going to take with me- should I? ) and right now TTC or might be pregnant ( which is almost true @ ) and also will birng along a form- just in case- so he might be able to help me on filling it!
My DSIL who have had filed her papers about three years ago, said she did not have some vax cause she was still pregnant at the time, but then, she had to bring a proof of being vaccinated later at the time of interview. ( Should I add my DSIL thinks I am doing a mistake by not vaccinating? )
Anyways, worse come- I will ask our friend lawyer to help me with this one issue- I am not letting them force me to vaccinate.
OT: My mom became a citizen of Sweden last year. They made her get some vax! Last time she visited me here in the US- every night she suffered from the terrible pain in her arm, telling me- maybe she injured it working out or something back home, right now we KNOW it is arthritis- and I KNOW she have got it right after being vaccinated!!!!!! I CAN NOT believe it- just a year ago I was talking about getting missing shots myself as a matter of life and death ( LIKE I HAVE GOT TO GET 'em!) : But arthritis is a mild side effect right? Who cares that my mom spent every night crying cause of the pain and also can not have any pain medication cause she has Hep C!
Love_Cyber_Cat is offline  
#44 of 56 Old 11-18-2006, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
 
Love_Cyber_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: USA OH
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
You can't lie about being vaxed as they want proof. Like that vax card that everyone in the USA has but no one in my country had. Basically something with the vax details on it, dated and signed by the doctor who gave it. I was also vaxed by TB as a teenager, I had the scar on my arm to 'prove' it and they wouldn't accept that either.

The waiver is the surest way to avoid all vaxes, but the most hassle and expense. I was outside the USA when I went through this and I was afraid it would delay my application being approved. There was also a thread on here a while back about a woman who they refused her first request for a religious waiver - saying her reasons were 'moral' ones and not religious ones. They can be real pains about it. You have to word it carefully.

How fussy the doctors are in accepting contraindications to vaxes may vary also - depending on what country you're in and how vax happy the doctor is. The doctor I had didn't seem so concerned about them, and didn't bat an eye when I explained I was just waiting to confirm my pregnancy this month.
Well I am already in the US, and most Docs here are not supportive as you should know. Anyway, my best friends' father is a CEO of the hospital I went to while a child- so I could easily get any kind of record of being vaxed, signed by the doc and certified. My problem is- it is a cheating- I ismply do not want vaccines, why lie about it??? And another one- is how do I know the list of vax I should have, so they will not harass me with a needle? How do I obtain a list of such vax?
Love_Cyber_Cat is offline  
#45 of 56 Old 11-19-2006, 03:44 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,867
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
The tb clinic my dh went to also knew about his BCG/country origin,but they still pushed the meds despite a clear x-ray and the vaccine.Best wishes!
sahli29 is offline  
#46 of 56 Old 11-19-2006, 04:22 PM
 
traycanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_Cyber_Cat View Post
Well I am already in the US, and most Docs here are not supportive as you should know. Anyway, my best friends' father is a CEO of the hospital I went to while a child- so I could easily get any kind of record of being vaxed, signed by the doc and certified. My problem is- it is a cheating- I ismply do not want vaccines, why lie about it??? And another one- is how do I know the list of vax I should have, so they will not harass me with a needle? How do I obtain a list of such vax?
Here is the list of vaxes they say are recommended. The doc I went to only cared about MMR and did titres. He simply asked when my last Tetanus shot was and if I'd ever had CP. I'm sure he just assumed I'd had OPV, D and P. He didn't ask about Hib or Hep B. Please remember that the vaxes are only a recommendation, the doc can not force them on you. I really suggest you go to the uscis website and familiarize yourself with the form (I-693) and read the documentation about what they need and don't need. Be warned, they purposely make it confusing (ie. the form clearly states that the vaxes are not required, just recommended but the documentaion (below) says "Required Vaccinations". Just go to the doc armed with the knowledge that he can't force them on you. If he tries, just point at where it says on the form that they are recommended, not required and that no action is required by the doc. I can't imagine that the doc is going to even suggest you get all the ACIP recommended vaxes but he may really try to push his favorites. I would tell him that you did indeed have the childhood vaxes but haven't yet located the records.

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVA...51aff2ef801c95

(3) Required Vaccinations . Section 212(a)(1)(A)(ii) of the Act specifies the following vaccinations: mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus and diphtheria toxoids, pertussis, Haemophilus influenzae type b, and hepatitis B. Section 212(a)(1)(A)(ii) of the Act states that the applicant is also required to have any other vaccinations recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). The ACIP provides guidelines on appropriate doses of vaccines at specific intervals for specific age groups. The varicella, influenza, and pneumococcal vaccines are also required, because they are currently recommended by the ACIP.
traycanadian is offline  
#47 of 56 Old 01-30-2007, 06:32 AM
 
westcoastmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wet Coast
Posts: 468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are currently in the US and dh has a TN Visa. His company would like to sponsor him for a Green Card.

To claim vaccine exemptions, would we file I-601? or I-690? I don't know if these forms have changed, but the I-601 says it is for 1)those afflicted with tb, 2) mentally retarded or 3) a history of mental illness. I don't see anything about a vaccine exemption whereas I-690 has vaccine exemption on it.

I am not worried about myself or dh since we have had them all, but our 3 children have had none. I can get titers done, but somewhere read not all docs will accept titers if they show immunity.

Also, can one choose docs? Even so, I wouldn't know one from another.
westcoastmom is offline  
#48 of 56 Old 01-30-2007, 01:36 PM
 
traycanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastmom View Post
We are currently in the US and dh has a TN Visa. His company would like to sponsor him for a Green Card.

To claim vaccine exemptions, would we file I-601? or I-690? I don't know if these forms have changed, but the I-601 says it is for 1)those afflicted with tb, 2) mentally retarded or 3) a history of mental illness. I don't see anything about a vaccine exemption whereas I-690 has vaccine exemption on it.

I am not worried about myself or dh since we have had them all, but our 3 children have had none. I can get titers done, but somewhere read not all docs will accept titers if they show immunity.

Also, can one choose docs? Even so, I wouldn't know one from another.
Welcome!

I-693 is the form the Civil Surgeon fills out after the medical examination. You can download it here (link below) and read it over. Please note the immunization section clearly states that the vaxes are recommended and that the doc has no authority to force vaxes on you.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Is your dh's company retaining a law firm to help with the green card application? Let them know what your wishes are with respect to vaxes. Chances are you're the first who's asked them about it but it is their job to help you find out what needs to happen. They should instruct you to go ahead to your medical examination and see what the doc says.

You should be given a list of Civil Surgeons by your lawyers. There is also a list available on the USCIS website, I believe. Are you in the Seattle area? PM me if you want the name of the doc we went to. His words to me were "My job is to help you get what you want." True. You will be paying him for his services! He was a really nice guy.

He checked my titres for MMR as I had no vax records and took me at my word that I had had CP and a recent Tetanus vax. At that point, I had not ever seen the form I-693 and didn't realize that the vaxes were officially only recommended.

As mentioned previously in this thread, it may not be a bad idea to familiarize yourself with the exemption and have the form ready, but it should not be necessary.

From an earlier post:
If you decide to file a waiver, I-601 is the appropriate one. It costs $265 to file. This is a very confusing form.
You can download it at the USCIS website

I-690 is not the correct waiver. It refers only to two specific special categories of applicants.
I-690
This form is used to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility by
an applicant for adjustment of status under section 245A or
210 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

INA: ACT 245A - ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS OF CERTAIN ENTRANTS BEFORE JANUARY 1, 1982, TO THAT OF PERSON ADMITTED FOR LAWFUL RESIDENCE

INA: ACT 210 - SPECIAL AGRICULTURAL WORKERS

HTH

Tracy
traycanadian is offline  
#49 of 56 Old 11-30-2008, 03:15 AM
 
Ahleemah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: In my fabulous community
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been reading these threads with interest. I've noticed this:

"I-693 is the form the Civil Surgeon fills out after the medical examination. You can download it here (link below) and read it over. Please note the immunization section clearly states that the vaxes are recommended and that the doc has no authority to force vaxes on you.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD"

There is no such place where the form states it's just recommended... anymore. ALso the fee for the exemption is now $545 !!!!!

I have a friend going thru this and she is scared silly about what to do.
Ahleemah is offline  
#50 of 56 Old 12-02-2008, 06:15 PM
 
MsLondon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahleemah View Post
I've been reading these threads with interest. I've noticed this:

"I-693 is the form the Civil Surgeon fills out after the medical examination. You can download it here (link below) and read it over. Please note the immunization section clearly states that the vaxes are recommended and that the doc has no authority to force vaxes on you.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD"

There is no such place where the form states it's just recommended... anymore. ALso the fee for the exemption is now $545 !!!!!

I have a friend going thru this and she is scared silly about what to do.
wow!! $545!
I applied for my green card last year, I did not have to prove I was vaccinated. However they do give you a TB skin test - you could refuse it but it would mean having to have a chest xray instead, which you would have to have anyway if the TB test proved positive. like I had to, even though I was pregnant!! before i knew better
In fact I have to reapply for my green card in a few months (current one is only conditional) hope I dont have to go through all this again!! anyone know?
MsLondon is offline  
#51 of 56 Old 12-02-2008, 06:27 PM
 
Gitti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ready to move on...
Posts: 14,488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I don't know the answer to your question but just wanted to mention that if you ever had the BCG vaccine, you will test TB postive all your life. So, if you did, be sure you tell the doc.
Gitti is offline  
#52 of 56 Old 12-02-2008, 10:55 PM
 
amnesiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: at the end of the longest line
Posts: 4,863
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti View Post
I don't know the answer to your question but just wanted to mention that if you ever had the BCG vaccine, you will test TB postive all your life. So, if you did, be sure you tell the doc.
Actually not all BCG recipients do. It's one of those inconsistent, unfortunate things. Quantiferon doesn't show a positive for BCG recipients though so that's another alternative besides x-ray & it would eliminate the possibility of having issues with skin testing.
amnesiac is offline  
#53 of 56 Old 12-03-2008, 01:39 AM
 
In Exile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: spooky northeast
Posts: 674
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLondon View Post
wow!! $545!
I applied for my green card last year, I did not have to prove I was vaccinated. However they do give you a TB skin test - you could refuse it but it would mean having to have a chest xray instead, which you would have to have anyway if the TB test proved positive. like I had to, even though I was pregnant!! before i knew better
In fact I have to reapply for my green card in a few months (current one is only conditional) hope I dont have to go through all this again!! anyone know?
No, they will just make you get fingerprinted AGAIN like a friggin' criminal. I love how your fingerprints are all over the place in this country. You know, because in that 2 year timeframe we all have finger print altering surgery. :
I am suriously waiting for the first criminal case where somebody gets arrested, charged and thrown into jail because of misuse of these fingerprints. I am MORE than sceptical of several fingerprints. I mean once is bad enough- but twice in 2 years? That seems a bit much-and you also get to pay for that!

But no, they won't look for vaxes on the removal of the conditions.

I am doing a second AOS (long story) and I am so glad I kept every little piece of paper from the first round with that civil surgeon who likes to blackmail people into vaxes!
Avoid Edna Butaney in Boston, if you have ever come across her. She forced TDP Boosters on me and Hep A and Hep B in one day! Lovely. Not everyone can afford over 500 dollars for waivers- it's incredible that immigrants are now supposed to keep Merck and Co humming buy using them as lab rats- Gardasil for example!
In Exile is offline  
#54 of 56 Old 12-03-2008, 01:52 AM
 
Sileree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Geez, that's a lot of money. I am sure it is on purpose. I am thankful that my DP will be able to afford it. I don't want him to get any vaccines ever. He's had enough in his life as it is. It'd be worth the money.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 birth doula since 2006
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sileree is offline  
#55 of 56 Old 12-03-2008, 12:49 PM
 
CanidFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyElephant View Post
Or they can come in with the vax at three in the morning, wake you up when you're asleep, and tell you they're doing it then. [The rubella shot] Right after you had the baby and are completely out of it. Then you can get arthritis like the 1 in 20 women like I did! :
OT but I actually think it's 1 in 4 women that develop arthritis from the rubella vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahleemah View Post

There is no such place where the form states it's just recommended... anymore. ALso the fee for the exemption is now $545 !!!!!

I have a friend going thru this and she is scared silly about what to do.
Yep, they raised the fee! It's sick isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLondon View Post
wow!! $545!
I applied for my green card last year, I did not have to prove I was vaccinated. However they do give you a TB skin test - you could refuse it but it would mean having to have a chest xray instead, which you would have to have anyway if the TB test proved positive. like I had to, even though I was pregnant!! before i knew better
In fact I have to reapply for my green card in a few months (current one is only conditional) hope I dont have to go through all this again!! anyone know?
No, you don't have to do all this again.

OP - good luck to you. When I went through all this I had my vax records with everything require but I was supposed to get the flu shot. Luckily it wasn't flu season so the doc wrote N/A on it.
CanidFL is offline  
#56 of 56 Old 12-03-2008, 04:48 PM
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HepA? They didn't make me get that one, in fact they crossed not age appropriate... I went to a lady in Nashua, NH. She was laid back and accepted my immunization records from Europe. I did have to get the varicella one though - either that or a waiver ($$$$).

I saw in my medical records from birth that my obgyn ordered the varicella vaccine if i am not immune. first of all, I would have refused it. Second of all, dude, I am immune (see titer test at 3 months preggo) - why would they order another titer test at the hospital?! Next time I will say right away no to the blood test (I assumed they did a CBC, but squeezed in a titer test). I cannot do a homebirth, this time around I lost tons of blood and don't want to risk it (slight placenta detachment)....

I just sent off my removal of conditions - I had to do the fingerprinting again as well... What a pain. It's stupid. I get the new pic - you can change in two years, but fingerprints???? Seriously! And it's such a rip-off... So much money!
nia82 is offline  
Reply


User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 1,238

11 members and 1,227 guests
barnetta , Deborah , Hyacinthe , idler , KerriB , lauritagoddess , lmaraial57 , omarinbox1888 , pittfler8 , PrayerOFChrist , RhiannonRain
Most users ever online was 21,860, 06-22-2018 at 09:45 PM.