Reiki/Lightworker/Intuitive Healers thread - Mothering Forums

#1 of 10 Old 07-03-2005, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want to start a discussion/sharing thread for those of us who do lightwork and/or intuitive healing.

I had my first Reiki attunement last weekend. Very heavy stuff! I've been "divinely" connected ever since I can remember, even tho I was raised in an atheist household and not exposed to otherwordly things. I had full conversations with other "beings"... intuited incidents before they happened... and used to "channel" through writing when I learned how to write. I always instinctively "knew" universal truths... no such thing as "evil", how to "heal" people (I did and still do go into public and "injured" people are drawn to me... the sick, mentally ill, old, depressed... and cry to me, tell me their life story, etc., and I've always felt a white energy healing them as I absorbed their pain and disappointment), etc.

It's bizarre, because I feel like all of my syncronicites and experiences have brought me to this point, and I've been waiting to find the answers behind my experiences my whole life. After I saw the Reiki master the first time for a healing, the very next day people close to me were affected without even knowing why. They were having divine revelations about their lives, the paths they chose, and were just "waking up" and remembering their purpose.

During my attunement, I played in my friend's energy field while practicing Reiki work. My hands intuitively began "working"... I worked on her for a very long time and when I was done, we sat down to eat a snack. I saw a book entitled "Hands of Light" and in it were illustrations of a energy worker working on someone. Her hand positions and the way she was channeling the energy were identical to what I was doing, even tho I've never seen it or experienced it before!

I've always "sensed" that I was connected to the angelic realm, but as I got older I ceased to believe, as I thought it was all related to Christianity which I've had some issues with in the past. My Reiki healer intuited the beings around me, and my intuition was confirmed... she saw two Archangels that I am directly in contact with, Metatron and Michael. She also saw a Medicine Woman and an Indian Chief. I've always channeled from both the archeangel realm and the native american spirit, and she tapped into that immediately.

Anyway, that's my experience in a nutshell. Would anyone else like to share? Comment?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 07-04-2005, 02:07 PM

Wow, very interesting. My experience has not been quite that profound. I have always been drawn to natural health type stuff and I eventually went to school for massage therapy about 5 years ago. My school was spirit oriented way more than medical aspects of massage. We had many energy and personal growth classes and I had a very interesting experience receiving energy work. Once I had a release, but it was emotional, it was just a blockage. After that I though "well, I can't be skeptical about this anymore now that I have had a release myself." Now I think I have built up a lot more stuff .

Anyway, I occassionally do massage out of my home and I also have my second degree Reiki training and I hope to get the master someday when I feel more ready for that. Now I am going to school to be a midwife, but I don't want to lose the energy stuff. I want to find a way to keep practicing/learning more about it.
#3 of 10 Old 07-04-2005, 08:44 PM

I am a Reiki Master-Teacher...been practicing for 16 years, teaching for about half that time.

I am also a Postpartum Doula working toward certification.

I had a huge thread in health and healing a long time ago about Reiki.

My hands work.

Joyce in the mts.

CD Labor/Postpartum (MSTM), Doula trainer (BAI), Midwifery Student/Apprentice, CPS Tech

#4 of 10 Old 07-05-2005, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpetitte
Now I am going to school to be a midwife, but I don't want to lose the energy stuff. I want to find a way to keep practicing/learning more about it.
You can do reiki on the mothers while they are in labor. While I was in labor my mother worked on me ohh and did that help me!! She was actually working on me as she was driving :LOL She also worked on me the whole pregnancy that also helped keep me more balanced during the pregnancy. Joe also loved it :LOL

I have not been attuned (I think that is how you spell it I can not spell sorry ) my mother is a reiki master so she is going to attune (we have been saying that since I was pregnant. I can not wait tho.

Karen and Baby Joe

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#5 of 10 Old 07-09-2005, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I'm glad this thread is here. I was attuned to level 1 several years ago but I haven't used it much. When I sit down to do Reiki, I have a hard time relaxing into it. It's almost like I'm afraid nothing will happen and I'm afraid something will happen. Sometimes it feels almost too powerful to me. And sometimes I get scared that I'm just lying to myself and nothing is really happening. Does that make sense? I know I need to practice, practice, practice but I guess I'm scared or something. I'd like to chat with y'all to keep Reiki present for me and learn about your experiences.
-C

Spiral Chrissy, loving my life treehugger.gifread.gifhippie.gif, Mama to DS bouncy.gif (8/6/03), wife to DH guitar.gif, and hoping for another little bean dust.gifnamaste.gif
#6 of 10 Old 07-09-2005, 01:19 PM

Chrissy~ I have had some of the same feelings you have. But, I keep trying to work through it. The hardest part for me is trying to think of 'nothing'. Its sort of like meditating- and I'm not very good at that either : . It does feel very powerful sometimes and sometimes I can see that the client is responding to the energy even if they don't feel it. I always try to remember what my teacher told me: "the energy will never be more than what a person is ready for." And thats including you as the practioner. I try to remember that and trust that if something comes up I would know what to do...
#7 of 10 Old 07-09-2005, 06:28 PM

Ok, I hope you won't mind me chiming in and sharing some things. You might find my perspective helpful or not...you never know, right?

So here goes:

First of all, as you surely know, we don't "do" Reiki, meaning we are not in control (PHEW! What a relief, right?!). We've only agreed to be williing participants (through our willing acceptance of attunement) with the flow of the Energy coming through our hands. So the pressure is off!

So the Energy flows and does the work (bringing greater order and balance where both are deficient in body, mind and/or spirit) at a rate at which the "receiver" draws it- not more; not less.

So, absolutely, it's correct to say that the client nevers gets more than they can handle- very very true. Why? Because the client is in control of the rate of Energy they can best receive for the highest good.

Ok this will sound blunt, but I don't mean by any means to sound harsh at all, but I wonder: why harbor fear regarding the Energy's efficacy either way?...because we cannot control or predict it?

I say, relax, give yourself a break: Remember, that the Energy goes where most needed for the highest good of the client...and we do not and CANNOT know what that highest good is.

We don't have to worry about that at all. Think about it.

Day before yesterday, per request, I sent distance Reiki with a time-delay for a specific agreed-upon hour. My time-delay was right on, within minutes, and the work was effective.

Guess what? After 16 years, and half of that time spent teaching all levels, I am STILL amazed and humbled, about the fact that it all works- EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Same is true of my attunements- when I pass an attunement to a student, I totally am amazed/humbled EACH and EVERY time, that it works; that their hands work.

Reiki is not a miracle cure. Overt effects are not necessarily to be expected. Again...the Energy goes where most needed which might differ from any human agenda. Could be working on a very subtle level.

Again... my bottom line for all these years: my hands work.

That was all I ever wanted out of the deal.

I can help myself first, which is WAY important. See for me, if I cannot help me first I wonder then, how my work for others can be done with any integrity at all? Believe me- I have found myself to be resistent to self-Reiki from time to time over the years, and had to do alot of soul-searching about the legitimacy of any work I could do for others, especially teaching, if I was not practicing self-work.

Oh...by the way...Reiki is with you no matter what. It doesn't go away. Certainly the more you use it, the stronger it becomes, but it doesn't abandon you ever.

So start just putting hands on self every day for a bit...nothing fancy, just doing it alittle bit every day. Start with maybe 5-10 minutes and if you can, work up to 15-20 minutes to a half-hour. Don't worry about hand positions, or time much at first, because as my very first Reiki teacher said, "5 minutes of Reiki is better than NO minutes of Reiki".

As you practice little by little you also form/foster a relationship/trust with the Energy itself...so open your heart, and put hands on self...practice makes us familiar and open and welcoming to the Energy. You might just find that you begin to feel supported by the Energy.

Y'know...I have been taught by the Energy, with no contact with Reiki community for years at a time, many things that, years later, I found in some writings about Reiki...and I remember being truly amazed and yes, again, humbled. The energy used in the practice of Reiki, Universal Life Energy, is really on our side.

So that is what I can best give you, and I surely hope it is accepted in the spirit of sharing with which I give it.

I can be reached privately here: [email protected] or by PM here at MDC.

You WILL find Reiki more valuable once you begin to practice for yourself daily.

Humor me: Do so for a month...just a bit each day and come back and tell me what you discovered for yourself.

That's my most sincere and basic recommendation...but as always, do YOUR will.

Much love, Joyce in the mts.

CD Labor/Postpartum (MSTM), Doula trainer (BAI), Midwifery Student/Apprentice, CPS Tech
#8 of 10 Old 07-10-2005, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thank you both so much for responding. I have seen Reiki work so well in the past. I know for me, I ALWAYS feel amazing after someone else does Reiki on me. And most of the times I practiced on myself, I felt something too. I guess I do just need to relax into it. If nothing else, practicing Reiki will give me a much needed time-out in my day. I need that anyway. And I do know that Reiki is so much more. I have a hard time settling in enough to chant or do Reiki anyway. I think that's my greatest huddle. If I can just sit in the space for a few moments, I bet things will flow. So, Joyce, I'm going to try. You've inspired me. I will do some Reiki today and I'll check in with y'all later.

Spiral Chrissy, loving my life treehugger.gifread.gifhippie.gif, Mama to DS bouncy.gif (8/6/03), wife to DH guitar.gif, and hoping for another little bean dust.gifnamaste.gif
#9 of 10 Old 07-10-2005, 05:25 PM

I am a Reiki practioner also, for about the past 6 years. I've aso attuned a few people who asked me to.

Reiki is wonderful, and I couldn't imagine life without it anymore. But even still...in times of stress, crisis or illness, I often forget I have it! I have to remind myself to use this precious resource! Just a symptom of my humanity, yes?

And I've learned a lot from reading Joyce's posts. I really couldn't sum up the nature and power of Reiki any better that she has!

Peace,
Katrina
#10 of 10 Old 07-10-2005, 10:16 PM

Joyce~ Thanks for the great advice : , you said exactly what I was thinking! I have been meaning to do more self Reiki lately because of some health problems I am having, but I am going to try to every day now. I will also post how I do.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page