astrology: can ascendant and moon sign be more important than sun sign? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 13 Old 08-01-2005, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been doing my birth chart and noticed that I have Cancer as both my ascendant and my moon sign. My Sun sign is Gemini but I have always felt like I have more Cancer characteristics...could the fact that I have Cancer as my ascendant (1st house) and my moon sign be more significant than my sun sign?

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 08-01-2005, 02:47 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
it is not that the cancer is more significant than the gemini.
it is just that of the holy trinity in astrology..that is, the sun, moon and ascendent...2 of the 3 are cancer. but remember all three are equally important.
#3 of 13 Old 08-06-2005, 12:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello Lovechild,
I encourage you to look at the rest of your chart. It is the whole picture that is important rather than one sign having signifigance over another. The house placement of the Sun and Moon will give you even more information, and also if you have planets in the 1st house especially if they conjunct the ascendant.

I am sure with all of that Cancer you have many characterisitics associated with that sign. The Moon is naturally ruled by cancer so with the Moon in it's own sign it is more pronounced.

Your ascendant is how others see you, it is your facade or the mask that you wear. It is what people first see about you.
The Moon is you emotions, your subconcious, your past, your home, how you Mother your children and or those close to you, the women in your life.

Your Sun is your Will, your concious mind, your ego, It is your basic personality. Where the Sun is in your chart is where you want to Shine the most. The rest of the chart gets filtered through the Sun

So is one of those more signifigant? I think no, they are just parts of the whole.

If you need help, let me know.

Medium Sessions, Psychic Readings, Astrology Consultations and Mother Blessings www.magicalmoongarden.com

#4 of 13 Old 08-06-2005, 10:23 AM

People tend to focus on the sun sign because that is the face you show the world. I tend to focus more on what is inside rather than what others think of me, so I view my moon and rising signs as being more important. (I'm confused now by the previous poster, as that is not how I have always thought it worked - I could be very mistaken, I admit.)

...try www.astro.com for lots of good info.
#5 of 13 Old 08-06-2005, 12:42 PM

Hello Stafi,
I hope no one else is confused, not my intention.

I have never known the Sun to be the face you show the world. That is definately your ascendant. It is even how you physically appear to the world. It is how you come accross to people. It is the face you show the world.

The Sun and the Ascendant are definately more outward in expression. It is the Moon that is more what is inside of you. ( see my previous post)

Again from an astrological standpoint it is important to view the chart as a whole and one component is not really more important than the rest.
From a personal standpoint, whether your inner or outer life is more important is a personal choice, and is propbably reflected somewhere in your chart.

Medium Sessions, Psychic Readings, Astrology Consultations and Mother Blessings www.magicalmoongarden.com
#6 of 13 Old 08-08-2005, 05:25 PM

my own observations with charts is that the ascendent seems to age like wine. The older and older we get the ascendent becomes more and more pronounced.

I think the germ of that ascendent is right there at the beginning but it takes time.

my own ascendent is aries and in my case my sun (sag) and moon (cancer) were much more up and running before my aries. However, the enviroment of my world by chance (if you believe in chance) did set up the aries to thrive. I was raised an only child in a divorced family...so I spent a lot of 'alone' time.. how perfectly aires. and of course at this ripe ol age now... my aries is very much a part of my personality. I have been a leader in many many situations and all that 'alone' time helped support my leadership abilities later in life.

my own son has sag rising but right now his cancer sun and moon in aries is already showing up..but the way my husband I are raising him, I can tell you that his sag will be up and running pretty early. And yes, he already has the 'exploring' germ.

years ago, in those old time hard liner astro books.. you know the ones by Llewlelln press that were so popular in the 60's & 70's that said that the moon sign in this lifetime was the sun sign in the last lifetime. And the ascendent in this lifetime will be the Sun sign in the next lifetime and as I recall the author said that's why it takes a lifetime to get your ascendent together so you could take it to the next lifetime as your sun. Gee.. just reading that sounds so confusing.

anyway, just a tidbit fwiw.
#7 of 13 Old 08-09-2005, 12:21 AM

Here is part of my chart:

Rising Sign is in 27 Degrees Pisces
Very sensitive to your surroundings, other people's feelings become your feelings. Try to avoid negative people because your tendency to empathize with them will make you negative also. An idealist, you must believe in something beyond your normal everyday existence. A dreamer, you like to escape to a world of your own creation. As such, you are known for the vividness of your imagination and should try to share your inner visions with others. Very self-sacrificial by nature, beware of others becoming overly dependent on you or vice versa. Allow yourself to live for yourself once in a while -- you deserve it. Don't be so envious of those who are more aggressive than you -- your gentle charity and true humility are indeed wonderful gifts. on the tenth house cusp (MIDHEAVEN).

Sun is in 18 Degrees Capricorn.
Extremely serious and mature, you are capable of accepting responsibilities and do so willingly. Others expect you to be dutiful as a matter of course. You tend to get angry when people get rewards after not having worked anywhere near as hard as you. You are goal-oriented and an achiever by nature -- you're a hard worker and are justifiably proud of the tangible results of your efforts. You tend to have "tunnel-vision" -- this allows you to block out extraneous matters that might distract others and to concentrate totally on the matter at hand. As such, you are the ideal one to manage or administrate any ongoing project and to be practical and efficient at it. You are not a fast worker, but you are quite thorough. You are known for being totally persistent, tenacious and tireless in reaching your goals.

Moon is in 09 Degrees Libra.
Affectionate, warm and friendly, life must be a "beautiful" experience for you. Unpleasantness should be avoided at all costs. You tend to overlook other people's faults and you would rather give in than fight. You are uncomfortable with strangers, but at ease and sociable with friends and associates. Indeed, you would rather socialize than work -- you can use your prodigious charm to avoid unpleasant tasks. You need the support and assistance of another in order to get you started on any new project -- you are not a self-starter. Be careful of a tendency to be overly self-indulgent (i.e., lazy). Your refined aesthetic sensibilities attract you to music, dance, art and any other cultured activity.

I definitely feel that my rising sign is more me than the others and it how people percieve me.
#8 of 13 Old 08-09-2005, 12:41 AM

Jen,
I am a gemini as well with triple scorpio in my chart, I found out a while back though, that being on the 19th, while not always considered a cusp, is on some charts. Then I read up on cusp signs and was amazed. The gemini/cancer cusp is another being unto itself....not merely a blend of the two signs but some very specific traits. It fit to a "t".
I do not know when your birthday is but thought I would mention it.
#9 of 13 Old 08-09-2005, 11:42 AM

My chart is quite unique, I believe. I have two conjunctions, and they are in opposition to each other (but couldn't tell you what they are without looking at my chart itself, which I have misplaced). At least I've never seen another chart looked like mine, anyway.
My sun, which is in my first house, is in Pisces, Aquarius rising, Cancer moon.
#10 of 13 Old 08-09-2005, 01:42 PM

Tracy,
I have heard of that too, the Moon is who you were in the past the Sun is who you are now and the Asc is who you are striving to be.

Your observation on your own ascendant is very intersting. I'm going to ponder that a while and see how that works for me.

I have a Pisces Sun and Moon and Virgo rising. I also have Pluto and Uranus rising so that is a BIG influence to my ascendant.

Do you work with progressions?

Also you mention the alone thing as a child. I think that can be a Cancer thing too. You know how the crab can pull back into it's shell?

#11 of 13 Old 08-09-2005, 09:40 PM

mamapits,

WARNING OFF TOPIC

Yes, I work a bit with progressions but I have to say their influence is a little harder for me to track than transits. Transits I see, feel, experience so profoundly that I almost can smell them coming. But having said that-- my father died last month and the only aspect in the mix that seemed to indicate it was a progressed mars conjunct my natal saturn. So, I do follow them. Currently my progressed moon is in Aries and I have been more alone than usual. Ironically it is in my progressed 11th ...I seem to be online a bit more than usual..no shock since 11th is computer land.

is your moon in the 12th or 1st house? does it square your sun? that can be a tough one... Depending on your age I think you will find your ability to harness that pluto and uranus in the 1st a bit easier the older you get. I'm assuming it is in virgo? or is it early libra?
#12 of 13 Old 08-09-2005, 10:45 PM

Tracy,

My best wishes to you and your family regarding your Fathers transition.

I have Virgo Rising with Pluto in and Uranus in Virgo/Conjunct the ascendant.

My Sun and Moon are in Pisces in the 7th - 8 degrees apart opposing Pluto and Uranus. ( wide orb for Pluto and Moon)

#13 of 13 Old 08-10-2005, 12:34 PM

oh, mamapits, I misread and thought your moon was in virgo. Moon/sun pisces...it is a conjunction? those are always nice.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page