Mercury Retrograde and Creative Projects - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 08-10-2005, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
This is the third time in the last few years that I have noticed that I got a burst of creativity about a project that needs close examination and analysis, during a mercury retrograde.

Twice before, I looked at the situation or challenge and became almost obsessed with finding the best solution. Both of those times, I had to present my ideas to people who would make the yes/no decision (once it was my former boss) while mercury was still in retrograde. And both times, my ideas were shot down. I still believe those ideas would have been better than what was chosen by the decision makers (which really didn't work all that well).

I am once again faced with a similar situation. I have had a burst of creativity related to a new employment situation. But this time, I am thinking of waiting until the mercury retrograde is over before presenting the bulk of my ideas to my soon-to-be-boss. (I do have to get some of these ideas and issues out there before I actually report to work on Sept 6.)

Mercury goes direct on Monday the 15th at 11:49pm (Eastern Daylight time).

OK, here are my questions:

Is this a usual reaction to Mercury in retrograde, or is this somewhat unusual?

Is it more conducive to my ideas being received well to wait until after Mercury goes direct before presenting my ideas? What about when Mercury is back to the place it was before it started going backwards - is it better to wait until then? (not sure when that is)

I got so discouraged after the last two big creative projects like this, that I almost just put this one on hold in favor of starting on it after the 15th. But I had a lot of creative/analytical energy flowing, and was seeing some important (I think) insights, so I continued. What would you have done?

Thanks for any insights you can offer.

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-10-2005, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
JMO, but if you are fine with having to probably redo some of it, then go for it. IMO alot of times we are also finishing up things that have been ignored previously, so it's all good.
#3 of 3 Old 08-11-2005, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks, Ard! Yes, a lot of what I have worked on was stuff I ignored for several weeks.

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page