The Truth IS out there..... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 11 Old 03-22-2004, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

60 minutes was amazing last night!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in607356.shtml

I love it when people tell the truth!

Rice was on the Today Show this morning lying her mouth off. I kind of feel sorry for her! She seems to be the one who always has to go out and lie for her leader....

Edited: Because I liked Mommy StormRaven's idea!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 03-22-2004, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
(CBS) In the aftermath of Sept. 11, President Bush ordered his then top anti-terrorism adviser to look for a link between Iraq and the attacks, despite being told there didn't seem to be one.

"Frankly," he said, "I find it outrageous that the president is running for re-election on the grounds that he's done such great things about terrorism. He ignored it. He ignored terrorism for months, when maybe we could have done something to stop 9/11. Maybe. We'll never know."

"Rumsfeld was saying that we needed to bomb Iraq," Clarke said to Stahl. "And we all said ... no, no. Al-Qaeda is in Afghanistan. We need to bomb Afghanistan. And Rumsfeld said there aren't any good targets in Afghanistan. And there are lots of good targets in Iraq. I said, 'Well, there are lots of good targets in lots of places, but Iraq had nothing to do with it.

#3 of 11 Old 03-22-2004, 12:04 PM

Thanks for the link---we stopped by a friends last night and had just missed the story he said it was amazing--I am glad you had the link so we ould read it.

#4 of 11 Old 03-22-2004, 12:31 PM

"The Truth IS out there....."

I think it's a fitting quote for this subject matter!

Huzzah for the Truth speakers!
#5 of 11 Old 03-22-2004, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've often wondered how this issue slipped past the minds of Americans after 9/11.

We were told it was Al Queda. We were told they were supported by the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Suddenly it's all Saddam's fault??

Yay for 60 minutes!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to DD14 and DS12, both born on MDC.
#6 of 11 Old 03-22-2004, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marg of Arabia

Edited: Because I liked Mommy StormRaven's idea!

Gosh thanks!
#7 of 11 Old 03-23-2004, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
ya know, I never have liked Rice. And NBC well, let's just that IMO Matt and Katy kiss ass of whoever is in office. I don't see any investigative reporting from them. Must be why I never watch them.

#8 of 11 Old 03-23-2004, 01:27 AM
Banned

If you really want truth here is why the Clarke book is being pushed on CBS. Profit CBS's parent company Viacom is publishing the book and will make the profits. So much for tainted news:
#9 of 11 Old 03-23-2004, 02:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
SQ, part of me just wants to say, "Yeah. So?" Another part of me wants to say "That's what you get when you allow your media to be taken over by a few corporations & individuals" Maybe the US should look at it's cross-media ownership laws, or is that going to get in the way of that most precious of human endeavors- making money via the one true path of capitalism?

In my mind, this does not detract from the substance of what Clarke had to say, for reasons posted on another thread. (which I don't think I can link to here : )

Aussiemum
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(43), DH
(42) DD
(16), & DS
(14).
#10 of 11 Old 03-23-2004, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sleeping queen
If you really want truth here is why the Clarke book is being pushed on CBS. Profit CBS's parent company Viacom is publishing the book and will make the profits. So much for tainted news:
Well, they did "reveal" the connection in Marg's CBS.com link:

Quote:
His allegations are also made in a book, "Against All Enemies," by Free Press, a subsidiary of Simon &Schuster. BothCBS.com and Simon&Schuster are units of Viacom.
But, could it also be because:
Quote:
Clarke helped shape US policy on terrorism under President Reagan and the first President Bush. He was held over by President Clinton to be his terrorism czar, then held over again by the current President Bush"
He had 30 years of service with the government.

I did find this quote interesting:

Quote:
Osama Bin Laden has been saying, 'America wants to invade an Arab country and occupy it, an oil-rich Arab country. He has been saying this. This is part of his propaganda", adds Clark. So what did we do after 9/11? We invade an oil-rich Arab country and occupy an oil-rich Arab country which was doing nothing to threaten the US. We stepped right into Bin Laden's propaganda. And the result of that is that Al-Qaeda and organizations like it, off shoots of it, second-generation Al-Qaeda have been greatly strengthened.
Greatly strengthened.

Oh, assiemum-you do have some truth there about our ownership laws!

Edit due to outlandish spelling errors
#11 of 11 Old 03-23-2004, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sleeping queen
SQ, your post reminds me of a basketball chant...

AIR BALL, AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL, AAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRR BBBBBAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL....

I'm so sure that if Clark had only given an NBC or ABC interview, his words would have immediate credibility with you.

Ther are some persons who will never recognize truth, sadly.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page