fighting back against chem lawn - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 11-08-2004, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi there, they came along and poisoned us today, much to our surprise and chagrin.
i am planning on taking steps to keep it from happening again. the best idea i have is to prepare a one page flyer and go door to door (it's an apt. complex), then try to get signatures.
what really pisses me off is that this is HUD housing. they don't seem to have time to fix rotten holes in the ceiling or weather strip our doors, but they've got time to promote our brain atrophy and lung cancer!
if anyone has done this, i would be interested in your success/failure stories, ideas, links, etc.
thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-08-2004, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ugh! I'm sorry. No experience here but I'd love to see your flier once it's written. Good luck.
Who in the world would be drawn to a company with then name Chemlawn, anyway?
#3 of 7 Old 11-08-2004, 11:53 PM

Please keep us posted. We are the only house in our neighborhood that doesn't poison our lawn. The stupid (but locally owned) lawn poisoning company that our neighbor uses always sprays about half our lawn, no matter how many times we call and complain.

Dh joined his employer's legal services plan recently. If this persists next summer, we will have them draft up some kind of legal sounding nastygram.

#4 of 7 Old 11-09-2004, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You go mama! My whole neighborhood uses chem lawn too. One day they came to spray our immediate neighbor's lawn while the kids were out in the kidie pool, I asked the teenage boy running the sprayer to stop until I got the kids and dog in the house, and he refused saying that it was not harmful . I mean, he was spraying less than 10 feet from my kids , he is lucky I am not a violent person, he got me pretty close though.

I don't know anything about the stuff they use, just my common sense kicks in and says anything a company called "chem lawn" is spraying around CAN'T be healthy.

I'm interested to hear other's experiences.

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
#5 of 7 Old 11-09-2004, 07:00 PM

Ick. I see a lot of their trucks in my neighborhood too.
#6 of 7 Old 11-10-2004, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Have you talked to your apartment complex about it? Maybe research to find a company that is better and let them know about that?

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  11yo dd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 9yo ds and 7yo ds
and 2yo ds 

#7 of 7 Old 11-10-2004, 06:46 PM

We live in base housing and get sprayed all the time. We can't say no either.

One time they gave us a wrong notice and came the WEEK before they said they would. All the kids toys were out front, my wool covers out drying and all our windows open. They just started spraying the house and all the toys and everything.

I freaked out but they didn't speak English and my Italian is pretty rudimentary. They place rodent poison in our yards too. WHen my son was younger he almost ate one (as it is bright pink and looks like candy).

One more year, I keep telling myself!

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page