going from 2 stay at home parents to 2 full time working parents! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 10-31-2006, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
im a bit scared!

both my dp and i have all of a sudden gotten jobs (not by looking either!) offered to us and we accepted. my job will be doing full time child care for 2 girls.. one 3 and one school aged and my dp will be installing high end appliances, kind of acting as an assistant/apprentice.. im going to be working 10 hour days (at home with my 2 kids as well) and he is going to be gone sometimes till 8 or 9 at night!the little one will be with us from 6:30-5:00 amnd i will be taking the older one to school and picking her up again afterwards..and 2 days a week i also do childcare for another momma in my neighbourhood..

im so used to being relaxed..sleeping in.. goin g out whenever we feel like it.. ive been a sahm since i was pregnant with my son who is almost 4! and my dp has only worked odd jobs when we have needed the $
the last few months i have been working in and out of the house doing a bit of childcare for a few families, but nothing like this.

im scared that im going to get crazy exhusted..that i wont have the energy to be the mom that i want to be.. but i also really want this opportunity to put some money in the bank. we have been poor for so long, but happy poor!

anyways.. i guess i just wanted to put it out there so its not in me.. im sure it will all work out and i really like the kids and my dp is at his first day today and maybe he wont like it, or the guy wont like him.. so we will see..

any advice on organisation and coping?

Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.... mama of 4 lovelies, an angel, and one on the way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 11-02-2006, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fern, I don't have any advice as I've only done childcare in a daycare setting (I was a head teacher for an onfant room w/ 12 infants, but I also had other teachers working under me) and it was before I had my children.

I just wanted to say congrats on the oppurtunity to work AND have your babes w/ you and that I believe you will be just fine You are a strong woman and you are committed to children. I'm confident you will find a way to balance your childcare w/ your "mommy duties"

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page