Feel like yelling at your SO/DH/DW? Yell at this thread instead! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 94 Old 10-09-2009, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since the "feel like yelling at your kids" thread is such a hit...

I'll kick us off:

NO, I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT WITH YOUR FRIEND AGAIN TONIGHT, AND IF HE EVER TEXTS YOU ABOUT WoW AT 7:30 IN THE MORNING AGAIN, I AM PUTTING BOTH OF YOUR PHONES IN THE BLENDER!!!!!!1111!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 94 Old 10-09-2009, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This is brilliant. I don't have anything right now.. but I'm sure I'll be back. subbing!

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#3 of 94 Old 10-09-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynsage View Post
Since the "feel like yelling at your kids" thread is such a hit...

I'll kick us off:

NO, I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT WITH YOUR FRIEND AGAIN TONIGHT, AND IF HE EVER TEXTS YOU ABOUT WoW AT 7:30 IN THE MORNING AGAIN, I AM PUTTING BOTH OF YOUR PHONES IN THE BLENDER!!!!!!1111!!!

OMG! I love it

Here's mine:

Dear GF:

I realize you are close to that time of the month, and slightly, er - emotional and needy. Please note the two small children we have... When it is 5:30 in the morning and I am busting about trying to get them ready for daycare, and myself ready for work... Please don't cling to me from behind and whine that you wish we could go back to bed. Also, I really don't mind a quick good morning kiss - but I really don't want to swap spit until BOTH of us have brushed our teeth... Just my little thing!

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif

#4 of 94 Old 10-09-2009, 02:05 PM

Dear dh,

They're your kids, too! I know you're not deaf, so don't pretend to be.

For once, please buy me chocolate without expecting sex. It would mean a lot.

IF YOU SAY YOU'RE GOING TO DO IT.... DO IT!!!
#5 of 94 Old 10-09-2009, 03:40 PM

DO NOT LEAVE DIRTY DIAPERS IN THE TOILET FOR ME TO SPRAY OFF WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK! My bladder is still kind of post-partum (yeah, DS is 17 months old, but I'm kinda lazy about my kegels...), sometimes I run in and need to use the bathroom. If I go in bathroom a and there is a diaper in the toilet, I have to squeeze my peepee muscles and haul @$$ (pun intended) to the other bathroom. Bare minimum, warn me if you see me doing the peepee waddle into the bathroom with the dirty diaper.

But really, you change it, you spray it.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#6 of 94 Old 10-09-2009, 04:20 PM

Dear Husband,

It really hurts my feelings when I want to spend time with you and you yell at me and say things like:

Don't I already have enough on my f'n plate!

Somebody's got to work around here!

Yeah- you know you need to get a full time job because sitting around and doing nothing all day except harping on me is getting really old!

I just wanted to know what your schedule was today, that's all. I didn't need f bombs and criticism. I know you're stressed out and having a hard time at your job, but we just miss you.

#7 of 94 Old 10-09-2009, 04:34 PM

dear husband,
on a day when your responsibilities are to care for our kids and mine are to work (for money and then volunteer), please don't tell me that you feel like you haven't had a break - when i've been responsible for one of our two kids for half my working day and then i took both kids with me to my volunteer work for two hours. yes, you did have to then care for them for another two hours while i finished up my volunteer work, but you were supposed to put them to bed, not keep them up until 9:30 - so please don't whine about you and i getting no time together. if you had put the children to bed, i would have had a good hour or more to spend with you when i got home. however, when i have to spend 20 or 30 minutes in bed with the little ones, well, i'm sorry but it's 10pm and i've fallen asleep.
#8 of 94 Old 10-09-2009, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Darling...

When we discuss getting a screen to project movies on to for the living room several times, you tell me you are going to order a screen and we decide *exactly* where it will go and what size it will be...

Do NOT then come home with a 4x8 sheet (much bigger than discussed) of white particle board and tell me that we can just prop that up on the mantle because some guy on the internet said it was better! We rent this house, we wanted a screen that could be removed easily, you have NO PLAN for where to store this thing when we aren't using it, and there is NO WAY you can safely hang it up without making huge holes in the wall.

And on top of that, how dare you then tell me that you "knew I was going to act like this." Yes, you KNEW I would not like this, you did it anyway, and now you're mad at ME? WTF?

Phew... very timely thread, thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 Twin Boys born August 16, 2014

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#9 of 94 Old 10-09-2009, 07:07 PM
crl

I am going to throw your blackberry in the ocean if the bleeping alarm goes off at 5:30 am one more time because you forgot to turn it off. And it does not help that I end up getting up to go hunt it down because you take so freaking long to wake up.
#10 of 94 Old 10-09-2009, 07:30 PM

DH:

You are home all day right now. Is it so hard to quickly wash your glass/bowl/plate when you are done eating? It takes 2 minutes! I do not want to come home from work and wash the dishes you left in the sink all day! It would also be nice if you could put the condiments back in the fridge when you are done using them.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#11 of 94 Old 10-10-2009, 12:22 AM

Beloved Firefighter DH:
I know the dept. needs you. I know you are the only one the chief can really depend on, and you get voluntold to do stuff a lot.
But I am approaching the point I am going to go down to the PO and do a change of address for you, since you LIVE THERE!!! IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT YOU COME HOME SOMETIMES? NOT SO MUCH FOR ME - I'M USED TO IT, BUT FOR OUR GIRLS, WHO MISS YOU!!!!!11!!

*sigh*

Thanks, I needed this thread. I'm not ready to yell at him yet, but it feels good to get it off my chest!!

~*The days are long, but the years are short.*~
#12 of 94 Old 10-10-2009, 02:45 AM

Dear dh,

Please don't put our current situation all on me. I'm doing the best I can. Yes, we moved for me to start a job. The job is not as advertised, I am 14 days post partum, we have no income until either I return to the job that is killing me or we move back north and you get a job. Either way, don't yell at ds and dd1 when dd2 is fussing. It doesn't help. I'm doing what I can and trying to heal as fast as I can. And for the record, 6 cups of blood is a hemorrhage, not a "little bleeding".

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#13 of 94 Old 10-10-2009, 03:31 AM

Hey Honey,
Yes, I know how long it takes to put DD to bed. Yep, it does feel like there isn't much time to hang out after. Yessir, it's a PITA. And I know you don't feel like doing it. I didn't feel like doing it for the 2.5 years that it was SOLELY MY RESPONSIBILITY. Now that it's yours suddenly, "Let's just let her stay up" and "It really sucks to have to spend part of the night putting her to bed" are common themes around here.

But a viable alternative isn't just letting her stay up with us until we go to bed. Not only is it not good for her but I enjoy my freakin' 1.5 hours without a child talking to me constantly (even though I have one attached to my boob then, anyway. At least he doesn't talk yet ). Because you "don't feel like it." Tough Noogies.
Deal with it.

Your loving wife,
Mouso

Phew! I have stated this to DH in nicer terms but I needed to vent anyway. Timely thread, I was just stewing on this in my mind (as DD runs around the house at 10:30PM talking incessantly).

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
#14 of 94 Old 10-10-2009, 03:37 AM

DH:
WHY oh WHY do you have to go up to (town that is three hours away) so often?! Zach has no family of his own, and he is welcome to come down here. Because I can't sleep when you're not home and I am a nervous wreck. You know how I am, how I am terrified of being alone at night. Plus now I have to protect a two-year old and my fetus from DANGERS, imagined or otherwise. For a whole darn weekend. Do you know how long that is? THAT'S TWO WHOLE DAYS AND NIGHTS! At least during the summer it was only dark for like eight hours and not most of the day.
There are 500 rapists and murderers waiting outside! ARg! They're going to get me when I go to bed!
With love,
Wife

Wife to dh and mommy to dd1 (3/07), ds (1/10), and dd2 (any day now)!

#15 of 94 Old 10-10-2009, 05:18 AM

Honey--

I know that I've wanted to move north for the last 8 years. You never wanted to--up 'til now, you've insisted that we stay here. I'd still like to move someday. However, it is completely unfair for you to suddenly decide--now, when I'm finally back in school OUT HERE--that you want to move up there immediately.

Love,
your wife
#16 of 94 Old 10-10-2009, 09:13 AM

HOw funny I mentioned this over at the Parenting forum.

DH:

NO! I DO NOT WANT TO DO IT!!!!! So quit asking!

the end.
#17 of 94 Old 10-10-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitrizmom View Post
Dear dh,

Please don't put our current situation all on me. I'm doing the best I can. Yes, we moved for me to start a job. The job is not as advertised, I am 14 days post partum, we have no income until either I return to the job that is killing me or we move back north and you get a job. Either way, don't yell at ds and dd1 when dd2 is fussing. It doesn't help. I'm doing what I can and trying to heal as fast as I can. And for the record, 6 cups of blood is a hemorrhage, not a "little bleeding".
Here- have a of - you totally deserve a break!!(And a medal)(And some )
#18 of 94 Old 10-10-2009, 03:21 PM

dear husband type person-

YES I AM STILL MAD. I AM PROBABLY GOING TO BE MAD FOR A VERY, VERY LONG TIME. WHEN I PUT ON A "FRONT" AND TRY TO ACT LIKE NOTHING IS BOTHERING ME, IT'S TO KEEP FROM DECAPITATING YOU AND PUTTING YOUR HEAD ON A PIKE IN THE FRONT YARD, NOT TO "PLAY GAMES" WITH YOU.

I AM NOT OBSESSED, I'M #%(%!$ HUMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO THROUGH WHAT YOU PUT ME THROUGH AND SEE HOW YOU FEEL. AND IM NOT CRAZY FOR MISSING MY BABY! Yeah, I know that it was your kid too, but when I want to refer to my kid as MY kid, that's just what I do. Stop $^**#% pouting and saying "our." MINE! MINE MINE MINE!!!!!

furthermore, if your mother keeps trash talking me on Facebook I'm going to lose my religion and forget that I'm a lady and I will NOT be responsible for my actions.

--me

Body, I've been more than patient. Please make a baby. Please?
always loving my babies. (May 08)(April 09)(August 09)(September 09) (December 10)
#19 of 94 Old 10-10-2009, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crl View Post
I am going to throw your blackberry in the ocean if the bleeping alarm goes off at 5:30 am one more time because you forgot to turn it off. And it does not help that I end up getting up to go hunt it down because you take so freaking long to wake up.
AMEN! Can I mail my dh's phone to you to throw in the ocean? We don't have an ocean.

Dear dh,
When you program things into iCal, I'm not sure exactly wtf you are doing, but you keep setting alarms for 6am the day before the freaking event. I'm not sure why you are even programming things such as "CH Chicago Marathon" since it in no way affects your life and really only needs to be on my calendar, but whatever, I don't care. JUST DON'T SET A F'N ALARM FOR IT. My events don't have an alarm unless I set one for them but somehow for you, it "Just happens". NO IT DOESN'T. Computers do exactly as we tell them, no more, no less. I've cried multiple times this week over how tired I am. I have no idea why I'm so tired, but there it is. You know this, so give me a freaking break and learn how to use your iPhone. I didn't need to be up at 6am today, in fact, I NEVER need to get up at 6am. Next time it happens I swear I'm going to hit you in the head with the damn iPhone.

Oh, and I sure hope whateverthehell you had to print at 12:30 last night was really damn important because that work me up too. So I woke up at 12:30, O'dark thirty when dd crawled in bed and 6am. But no one can figure out why I'm tired. Go f'ing figure.
Not much love,
Your wife
#20 of 94 Old 10-10-2009, 07:06 PM

Do not parent our children the way your father parented you. Authoritarian, do it cause I said so, cause I'm the dad doesn't cut it in my house! Kids are people, too. Shut up and listen to them for a change instead of being so concerned about them listening to you.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#21 of 94 Old 10-10-2009, 07:55 PM

Dear A$$, oh I mean, PK,

If we had enough money (or I had the guts) I would divorce you tomorrow. Our house - our home - the kids and I - would have peace, no stress and happiness all the time.

See ya!

Kim , mom to Amanda (16):, William (13), and Annie (5)
#22 of 94 Old 10-11-2009, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Dear Internet forum posters,

When you whine about the number of views vs. replies to your thread, it instantly makes me lose any sympathy I may have had for you. In doing some rough calculations in the Parenting forum, it appears that a 4-5% response rate is about average (the average seems higher in TAO, more like 8-10%). So if 15 people have looked at your thread and no one has responded, don't post to whine about it, especially if it's 2am!!

Thanks,
A grumpy limabean

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#23 of 94 Old 10-11-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limabean View Post
Dear Internet forum posters,

When you whine about the number of views vs. replies to your thread, it instantly makes me lose any sympathy I may have had for you. In doing some rough calculations in the Parenting forum, it appears that a 4-5% response rate is about average (the average seems higher in TAO, more like 8-10%). So if 15 people have looked at your thread and no one has responded, don't post to whine about it, especially if it's 2am!!

Thanks,
A grumpy limabean
Now I want to go looking for that post
#24 of 94 Old 10-11-2009, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelionkid View Post
Now I want to go looking for that post
It probably has a bunch of ....... in the title.
#25 of 94 Old 10-11-2009, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantaja View Post
I AM NOT OBSESSED, I'M #%(%!$ HUMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO THROUGH WHAT YOU PUT ME THROUGH AND SEE HOW YOU FEEL. AND IM NOT CRAZY FOR MISSING MY BABY! Yeah, I know that it was your kid too, but when I want to refer to my kid as MY kid, that's just what I do. Stop $^**#% pouting and saying "our." MINE! MINE MINE MINE!!!!!
#26 of 94 Old 10-12-2009, 12:42 AM

Um... I have been VERY angry so far this pregnancy. Everything ticks me off even when I am not fully conscious..

last night apparently when I was half asleep I yelled at dp about wanting to "molest Mark Twain.''

Not sure if Dp even knows who Mark Twain is, let alone whether or not he wants to molest him..

Also,

if I cook something and it doesn't QUITE turn out the way I wanted to, you don't have to tell me that it didn't turn out the way it was supposed to. I ALREADY KNOW THAT.

There is NOTHING wrong with serving biscuits with gravy for breakfast even though it is ACTUAL GRAVY and NOT cream sauce because the stupid wondra can said "gravy" on "gravy" and not "gravy" on "cream sauce" and if people were REALLY smart they would call it "biscuits and CREAM SAUCE" since that is apparently what it actually is.

DO NOT fuss at me for not doing something that I ALREADY did. If you can hear children splashing in the tub for instance, don't go telling me that the kids still need a bath... if you hear the washing machine running, telling me that clothes need washing REALLY isn't helping anything either.

Just because YOU find something you want to watch or listen to does NOT automatically make it appropriate for the kids. Remember that.

And this is for public in general...

And if I am taking a REALLY long time picking out my fillings at Taco Del Mar, it is NOT because I am trying to be a jerk, it is because I want to actually eat something that I find appetizing... and my tastebuds change second to second.

If you see me waiting at the Deli counter for someone to take my order that is NOT a prime opportunity for you to step in and place yours. Stepping in between me and said counter might end up with you tripped and falling flat on your face.
#27 of 94 Old 10-12-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola View Post
It probably has a bunch of ....... in the title.
Thanks a lot I think I just stumbled upon it- ahhhh, now I can relax
#28 of 94 Old 10-12-2009, 02:12 AM

Dear dh:

If you don't start wiping or rinsing out your bathroom sink I am going to vomit. Nothing icks me out more than having to look at toothpaste spit and other nastiness caked onto your sink. A little swish of water, a quick wipe of the sponge that I put underneath your sink. That's it. Please. It makes me ill just thinking about it.

Oh, and while we're at it, PICK YOUR GODDAMN CLOTHES UP OFF THE FLOOR!!!!!!!
#29 of 94 Old 10-12-2009, 02:13 AM
crl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalisa View Post
AMEN! Can I mail my dh's phone to you to throw in the ocean? We don't have an ocean.

Anytime. I can walk there--and throw it off a cliff into rocks for you!

Catherine
#30 of 94 Old 10-12-2009, 08:49 AM

DH,

Could you please get your s*** together? You seem bound and determined to blow every opportunity you've got, because apparently you'd rather be sulking around the house driving us deeper into debt.

Also, given that I'm working 10-12 hour days, could you do something with your time other than play solitare on the computer? If you need a list, I'll write one. Coming home to the kids watching TV and the house a mess and you having had yet another day of - as far as I can tell - total leisure time, and hearing you say you have *no plans for dinner* - you're lucky that I was civil.

You've got about three weeks to pull your head out of your posterior, dude.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page