Going on a cruise! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 03-24-2011, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

...Best inlaws e-v-e-r. They invited us to go on a trip with them.  A Mediterranean cruise this fall!!!!!!!!!! We've been on a 3 or 4 night cruise about three years ago with them, this one will be 12 days, 11 nights!!! I am so excited. Any tips? My daughter will be almost 5 when we go. I'm going to have to buy more clothing, I know for a fact I don't have enough outfits. Hoping I can handwash/line dry some things in our room. Not even sure what the weather will be like that time of the year? It's not booked yet but I think the ship we're going on will take off from Sweden.

How many nights are usually really fancy in the dinning room where you have a set time that you eat at??? I thought it was only one night where it's extra fancy, and the rest were just general "dressy" outfits? Does hubby only need a shirt and tie that one night, the other nights he could wear nice button up shirts/brown slacks????

We'll need to buy luggage too, no way will our small suitcases hold what we need, I'd love to get a set of three bags that "nest" when in storage, any tips on what brand to buy? or where to look? I tried amazon but I think I really need to see them in person.

Sorry for so many questions!!! Soooo excited.

princesstutu likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-25-2011, 06:40 AM

Very exciting!!!!

Dress code and dressy nights depends on the cruise line.  They all have websites and on their website will be info about how many formal evenings there are per cruise (by cruise length) and it will say how dressy those nights are.  For example, Princess is more dressy than Carnival.  They all have slightly different personalities.

We have luggage from Costco.  It is awesome.  For pretty sets, I have seen a ton at TJMaxx lately.

Line drying will depend on the weather - in tropical waters it takes FOREVER to dry stuff.  Depending on your stateroom category you may get free laundry service.  That makes a huge difference in how much I bring.  Usually they all have a line to dry things on in the bathroom. 

Have fun!!!  I'm jealouse. that is the next big cruise we want to take.  A friend just did one there and said it was amazing.

#3 of 4 Old 03-25-2011, 09:02 AM

How exciting for you!joy.gif

We haven't been on a cruise since our Mediterranean one when DS1 was 18mo.

Dress codes and formality really vary based on the cruise line and even on the ship itself. I really recommend cruisecritic. They have separate forums dedicated to each cruise line and you'll get excellent advice from them.

mama to   broc1.gif DS 6/06 and banana.gif DS 4/08

#4 of 4 Old 03-25-2011, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Just wanted to say this sounds awesome! 

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page