June- What did you accomplish today? - Mothering Forums

120Likes

#1 of 157 Old 06-02-2015, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
June- What did you accomplish today?

It's JUNE! You'd think we'd be used to the months flying by.. but I never am.

Yesterday was busy:
*Walked girls to school
*Called mom
*Ran errands- grocery store, bought new hard drive for son to backup his music on, new bedding for our bed from Target
*Analyzed some stuff for my capstone
*Cleaned the basement- tidied, vacuumed, organized
*Went to the gym where I was sore and tired.
*Made dinner
*Watched some cool Netflix documentary about chefs.
*Bought paddleboards! omg.. so excited! We have bonus money from husband's job and we have been wanting paddleboards for years. Yes, we bought 5 inflatable boards. Yay!
*Bedtime WAY too late.

Today so far:
*Started laundry
*Cleaned kitchen
*Took DD1 and myself to the dermatologist
*Picked up prescriptions
*Stopped at grocery (yea, again)
*Mailed son's camp registration

Now I'm home and I realized I have no sweetened condensed milk. So to do today: make sweetened condensed milk from scratch because I am NOT going back out. Make a cake. Finish folding laundry downstairs. Write a paper I'm late on. Do more college work. Nag son to finish reading his book. Maybe do math with son. Sheesh, is it already 2pm?

Married, working mom to son (almost 15), DD1 (almost 13) and DD2 (11). Oh, and badnewf, a nonobadbordercollie and 3 black cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 157 Old 06-02-2015, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
So out of it -- already June, already 2 PM, I am losing the battle!

- "rode" bike
- fed DS2
- waded through more apartment hunt paperwork and info
- did some filing, receipts into tax folder, things like that
- chased down a paper Rx DS2 needs to have filled
- fed DS2
- got a deposit ready for non-profit group; it's dues season
- emailed briefly with DS1, he's back at work after being out sick yesterday
- made granola

Heading out to fill that prescription and probably make copies soon. Then dinner, other things. I don't remember.
pumabearclan likes this.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989) and DS2 (1992). Caregiver to my mother (1930). Married to DH since 1986.
#3 of 157 Old 06-02-2015, 10:54 AM

Yesterday's accomplishment:

- completely forgot a city subcommittee meeting
pumabearclan likes this.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989) and DS2 (1992). Caregiver to my mother (1930). Married to DH since 1986.

#4 of 157 Old 06-02-2015, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamadly View Post
Yesterday's accomplishment:

- completely forgot a city subcommittee meeting
Oh no! Hopefully you weren't a contributor to this meeting?
pumabearclan likes this.

Married, working mom to son (almost 15), DD1 (almost 13) and DD2 (11). Oh, and badnewf, a nonobadbordercollie and 3 black cats.
#5 of 157 Old 06-02-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post
Oh no! Hopefully you weren't a contributor to this meeting?
No, and plenty of able people keep things going. It's more awe at the brain cramp than any damage done. I usually don't forget things like that.

To be honest, I also had a very nice evening at home with DH and DS1.
pumabearclan likes this.

#6 of 157 Old 06-02-2015, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Sounds like you needed the break, mariamadly.

Another hectic day around here. I'm thinking this is the new normal, unfortunately. At least for a while. At least until I can get through all of the home organization projects.
- made breakfast, coffee, lunch for Bean
- got Bean ready for school
- cleaned up kitchen, tidied living room
- vacuumed living room and kitchen
- failed at getting Bug to sleep
- showered and gave the nap another go
- fed Bug and I and cleaned up
- dealt with laundry, which was all stinky
- started plowing through Bean's mess of art supplies and organizing into her new cart
- picked up Bean from school
- did a nap with Bug
- went to lowe's for marigolds and the dollar store for tons of baskets, folders, etc,
- unpacked all the shopping
- kept working on organizing stuff
- more laundry
- made a double batch of banana bread
- made soup for supper
- portioned out broth from yesterday to freeze
- got the girls both to bed

On Point this morning was about the lack of vacation time in the U.S. Made me very jealous of Europe! Not that I work but we'd feel so much more like a family with DH home a lot.
pumabearclan likes this.
#7 of 157 Old 06-02-2015, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
What the heck. And then there was June.

Well ladies, I'm finally getting my role change at work. Still going to be in ops management, but in a position with no direct reports, corralling projects. We're onboarding some new stuff and the nicer of my two nicknames is "the fixer". So this stuff is a hot mess and I'm being sent in to whip things into shape. Just my deal, so I'm getting back to square on what make me tick. It'll be a tough couple months of transiting my current role to my successor, but the next phase of my career is within my grasp.

Other than that, did a few things today -

- Published a blog post on the train.
- Spent time with the menfolk by the fire pit.
- Talked over potential vacation plans with husband; aiming probably more toward a staycation with some fun day trips, due to us trying to buckle down and pay off a big debt by the end of the year.
- Rescheduled the hair cut appointment I had booked for tomorrow night to Thursday night - tomorrow if the first night of the cup and our Hawks quest to ultimate victory!

And now, I ought to lay out my clothes for work and head off to bed.

Everyone is nicely busy it seems, and Smokering you are putting the rest of us to shame, and so close to the finish line to boot! ;-)
pumabearclan likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my blog on small town homesteading.

#8 of 157 Old 06-03-2015, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
What the heck. And then there was June.

Well ladies, I'm finally getting my role change at work. Still going to be in ops management, but in a position with no direct reports, corralling projects. We're onboarding some new stuff and the nicer of my two nicknames is "the fixer". So this stuff is a hot mess and I'm being sent in to whip things into shape. Just my deal, so I'm getting back to square on what make me tick. It'll be a tough couple months of transiting my current role to my successor, but the next phase of my career is within my grasp.
YAYAYAY!!!! So much congrats to you!!!! <-- because that is the best smiley on MDC. heehee.. Enjoy the new challenge with the lack of direct reports.

I finished out yesterday by baking a cake.
*Making dinner
*Writing my paper
*Registered DD2 for two camps. So now everyone has a camp or two this summer.

So question for you all. We had some of the kids' friends for dinner and DD2's friend who is practically our daughter, the girls spend so much time together, accidentally dumped her cake on the couch. It had whipped cream frosting and the frosting got everywhere. She was upset. I wasn't really upset. Just told them they needed to eat at the kitchen table. Then I just took off the couch cushions and washed them. No big deal. Then I had to comfort DD2's friend, who felt bad for spilling her cake. Friend's mom, my good friend, said I always handle these kind of things so well. When I thought about it, I realized that I probably would have been more annoyed had my own children done it but I still wouldn't have been mad. I would probably have sighed and given them a small lecture. So it makes me think- 1. Are you easier on your children's friends? and 2. Would you have been angry about spilled cake? I don't think I'm an anomoly. heh.
pumabearclan likes this.

#9 of 157 Old 06-03-2015, 10:57 AM

@kitchensqueen congratulations and best wishes for a healthy happy climate in your new role! @Smokering happy countdown! @newmamalizzy the organizing will make everything easier, and your day-to-day work is heroic :-) @meowmix I was probably harder on my own than on others outwardly, but the behavior of other kids got on my nerves more than that of my kids . . . no idea why

So much baking and other trip prep:

- up, biked
- grocery store, bought stuff, put it away
- fed DS2
- folded laundry and put it away
- staged some more of my things for the trip
- made a loaf of bread (it's in the oven now)
- went over some directions for Friday afternoon's apartment showings
- went over some paperwork with DS2
- fed DS2

Hmm, those last two look conditional. They weren't -- honest. ("So you want some lunch? Show me a completed apartment application first!!")

This afternoon and evening I'd like to:

- cool, wrap, and freeze bread (a loaf each for DS2 and girlfriend)
- stage everything upstairs for DH to play Suitcase Tetris
- run a load of laundry and let it line dry in the basement while we're gone
- make DH frozen lunches for work
- get an email out to contractor about our garage project
- make my mother a loaf of GF bread
- print some forms for DS2

And get to bed before midnight. We are out the door at 4 AM.
pumabearclan likes this.

#10 of 157 Old 06-03-2015, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Today:
  • Worked
  • Got my copy of the magazine that published my short story. They misspelled my last name...
  • Got a few details figured out on DH's paycheck card (they changed some of the terms, so...)
  • Ate lunch kid-free (they are in a school-run daycamp... ) and didn't have to pay for it, cuz the owner (my boss) owed us for getting her some hot dogs at a great price.
  • Placed my order for Schwan's to prep for my nephew's visit.
  • Updated our household budget for the summer (including for summer travel)
  • Made chilli for supper
pumabearclan likes this.

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings, and my writing (as Selina Wolfcat & Sarah Buhrman).
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
#11 of 157 Old 06-03-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
YAYAYAY!!!! So much congrats to you!!!! <-- because that is the best smiley on MDC. heehee.. Enjoy the new challenge with the lack of direct reports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamadly View Post
@kitchensqueen congratulations and best wishes for a healthy happy climate in your new role!
Thanks both!

I worked from home today since I had an early meeting, so gained back a little real life time. So far done -

- Tidied up the whole house.
- Put the plants outside for a little real light and fresh air.
- Baked a chocolate croissant bread.
- Emailed with a friend.

Still to come -

- Do at least a load of laundry.
- Plant tomatoes and peppers in the garden (when husband is done mowing).
- Make dinner.
- Watch the Hawks game!
pumabearclan likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#12 of 157 Old 06-03-2015, 05:53 PM

Got everything planted, and made dinner. No laundry, but eh. Hawks are on now!

#13 of 157 Old 06-04-2015, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter

OK.. so I said I loved my sun and heat... and so the weather decided to get cold and damp and rainy. It was cloudy Tuesday misted all day yesterday and is straight up raining today. And it was barely 60 yesterday and it's probably the same out there today. Buh-LAH. It's totally unmotivating. And I have to deliver produce in the rain. More BLAH.I have so many produce boxes right now that I can't fit son in the car to help me, either. Oh well. What's a little rain? Wish it was warmer, though.

Yesterday:
*RAIN and mist. yuck. Walked the girls to school and luckily it was not raining then
*Did homeschooling lite with son. We've been slacking lately. End of the year blahs.
*Helped him put his DJ equiptment back into his room since his gig was rescheduled due to rain.
*Spend hours studying my textbook and taking notes.
*Did mass quantities of laundry because I have RX lice shampoo!!!! So washed all the things... bedding, stuffed animals, clothes, towels. Everything.
*Folded all the laundry
*Gym
*Took son to soccer practice and badbordrcollie to the dog park with DD2.
*Cooked dinner
*Washed the girls' hairin the shampoo.
*Planned my route for produce delivery
*Watched Quantum Leap- omg, remember that show?!
*BED.
pumabearclan likes this.

#14 of 157 Old 06-04-2015, 12:50 PM

I want to go on vacaaaation. Okay. Whining over.
- breakfast and kitchen cleaning
- tidied living room
- vacuumed living room and kitchen/hall
- rushed to get everyone dressed
- packed up the car and headed out for a play date
- rushed back just in time for kindergarten visit
- ate a coconut chocolate Popsicle
- put in laundry
- organized a few more toys into bins in Bean's room
- now a nap; figuring out the rest of the day

Still want to:
- put laundry in the drier
- put away some of the clean laundry
- deal with some more junk organization in Bea's room and the living room
- plant the marigold I have in the car
- move some of my crazy spreading strawberry plants
pumabearclan likes this.
#15 of 157 Old 06-04-2015, 01:07 PM

meowmix I *love* Quantum Leap, so much fun!

newmamalizzy I need a vacation just reading about your day . . .

So, in kids' New City today:

- up at 4 AM, DH drove us to the airport
- I drove ninety minutes, swung by my B&B, the airport for DS2, got him to their hotel
- and took myself out to lunch

We're heading to the airport to pick up girlfriend shortly. Then the kids have dinner with her new colleagues, and I'm headed to B&B to meet my hosts (met their dog, what a cutie!!!) and early to bed.
pumabearclan likes this.

#16 of 157 Old 06-04-2015, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

I used to watch it back before there was DVRs so I would have to find a blank VHS tape and then set it to record Quantum Leap so I could watch it later. Seems so old school, right? lol! Now I just load it up on Netflix. DD2 was asking me about school lock ins yesterday and I was tell her how fun my band lock in was and how we got to spend the night in the school. She said "Did you get to bring your own device?" and I was like "Um, I brought my cassette player! There WERE no devices then! We had to entertain ourselves by *gasp* TALKING and playing in the gym!" lol.

ANYWAY-- here I sit, trying to analyze these questionnaires and wondering why I did short answer questions because I have TONS of words to sift through. And badbordercollie is super cooped up and is eating everything she can find- including my flipflops. And I am sick of it being cold and rainy. And husband added a stipulation that we can get a third dog- not that he wants one- if he can get like a suburban or expedition. I am usually against large cars.. my car is a Honda Pilot and as big as I am willing to go on a gas guzzler. But he has a point. Traveling with the camper, 3 kids and 2 dogs and our paddleboards, etc needs something bigger than the Pilot (we are frequently jam packed in it, even with 3rd row seating). But I feel like I should NOT be on Mothering.com if I get a bigger vehicle. heh. Then I saw HER and I am sorely tempted.

But TODAY!
*Delivered produce
*Went to my chiro appt
*Chatted with the girls
*Analyzing questionnaires.

That is all.
pumabearclan likes this.

#17 of 157 Old 06-05-2015, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Ahh.. I've missed this forum!

Still working like crazy. Lots of activity around here. The house is a dive. Need some inspiration!

Boys are all set to go back to our Waldorf school next year. I'm a little sad (I really enjoyed our homeschool), but I know it's a great place for them, and they are excited to be back with their friends.

We have the all-school campout tomorrow at the school farm, and it's supposed to be 90 degrees! So today I need to go buy myself some shorts!

Lots of food prep and baking on the agenda today as well, plus hopefully some cleaning! Seriously- The house is a pit.

Also have to start making some phone calls to get Littlest in to a pediatrician, so we can get the referral for the OT eval the school wants before September...

Trying not to be overwhelmed!

We have a couple trips coming up, and I need to get my car in for maintenance, snow tires off, and alignment fixed before we head out.

AUGH!!! Trying not to freak out- So much to do! My working days are increasingly erratic, so it's hard to find free days that I can book all this stuff for. Today I will be poring over the calendar, trying to map out what I can do, when.

Will check back later, hopefully with a gleaming list of productivity!
pumabearclan likes this.
#18 of 157 Old 06-05-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
ANYWAY-- here I sit, trying to analyze these questionnaires and wondering why I did short answer questions because I have TONS of words to sift through.
I just realized I totally spaced on doing one for you... once I'm done with work for the day I seriously turn that part of my brain off. Sorry!

Last night after work was super fun. I got off the train last night in the next town over so I could stop at my hair salon and get my hair cut. Chopped 8 inches! It's back to more like my profile pick again. I had about a half hour to kill before my appointment, so I stopped at this great local fabric store. I splurged and bought two yards of a gorgeous cotton poplin to make a blouse (and maybe a scarf, if I have leftovers), a great reference book on garment making, and a retro-style US map panel to sew into a banner for Little Man's room. Then I popped into a local kitchen store and bought myself a glass water bottle with a silicone sleeve - trying to crack down on plastic stuff again. We'd allowed too much to creep in.

And then after my hair appointment, husband and Little Man met me for dinner out, and we got LM an ice cream on the way home at this old school shop with great vintage neon signs. I love our community.

Today, not much done so far since I just stopped working, but a few things -

- Watered the plants.
- General tidying.
- Sorted the mail.
- Paid a few bills.

After bedtime tonight I plan to write a few overdue blog posts and browse online for blouse patterns. And make sure the shopping and to-do lists are in order for tomorrow, as we have a busy day of errands planned.

Hope the weekend is off to a good start for everyone!
pumabearclan likes this.

#19 of 157 Old 06-05-2015, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
I'm exhausted, and my legs are achy...

-paid bills online, did some budgeting
-went to the mall to buy some shorts, and some camping utensils
-ate lunch outside with Middle (whom I dragged along with me). I'm really enjoying the sunshine!
-grocery shopping for the campout.
-took the sleeping bags to the laundromat to be washed
-picked husband up from work, hit costco for more groceries
-back home, washed our new camping plates and water bottles, etc.
-watered the garden, harvested the spinach which looked dangerously close to bolting.
-started some laundry
-swept and mopped the laundry room
-swept and vacuumed living room and dining room
-put the boys' clothes away (which had been sitting in the dining room for weeks)
-cleaned the bathroom
-delegated the kitchen to daughter... hehe

And now I am beat! I still have a couple loads of laundry to do before bed. Until then, I'm gonna lay in bed and read.

Proud of my accomplishments today though. I honestly can't remember the last time I cleaned the house
pumabearclan likes this.
#20 of 157 Old 06-06-2015, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Accomplishments FTW, Fortune Teller! Yay!

Kitchensqueen- no worries. I had 25 people answer my Survey Monkey questionnaire and 12 people answer the short answer questions over email. It was a good mix and I had enough to anayze.

Yesterday:
Cloudy but no rain! Still miss the warmth and sun, though.
*Walked the girls to school with badbordercollie and walked the long way home
*Looked up recipes for donuts and decided I was not motivated enough to bake.
*Took son out and we tried one donut place but it was PACKED. So then had to go with yucky Dunkin Donuts. Sometimes I wish we had more choices in our suburban area. All the good places are in DC. (It was national donut day yesterday for those who aren't in the US). badbordercollie came with us and got some donut. badnannynewf got some donut when we got home. The cats won't eat donuts. heh
*Son has TWO DJ gigs today so yesterday he spent a lot of the day working on DJ stuff. I analyzed more surveys. I obsessively looked at border collies.
*Son and I went to the gym
*Picked up rx on the way home.
*Came home and did more college stuff
*Chatted with a friend who stopped by
*Went out for a beer with husband and a friend. Grabbed dinner out too.
*Home relatively early (11pm) and went to bed fairly early.

Today we have a crossfit trial class (I don't know if I can do crossfit. We'll see). Then more college stuff. Soccer season isn't over yet. Ugh. So soccer games. horseback riding and TWO DJ gigs.
pumabearclan likes this.

#21 of 157 Old 06-06-2015, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
I've been writing, writing, writing. Yesterday I got two books outlined and I wrote the most horrific scene to date in my career. It's magnificent, according to DH. With the kids in day-camp for several weeks this summer, I should be able to finish a couple of the books I've been poking at for years. My goal is to write at least one full scene every day. I'm making this a priority.

I've got the date set for the farmer's market planning meeting, and I should write up an outline for the discussion. I have a few days for that, though. Then it'll be only a week or two before we hit the ground running with that. Which means tons of baking for me. I hope my flour order gets in soon. I already have my second order of pretzels to make, and if it's anything like last year, I'll barely keep up with them.

I also have several small weekend adventures planned for the family, including a music festival and fireworks for the 4th. We should be able to see Aretha Franklin live that weekend, as well as Gogol Bordello and Fishbone. We are pretty excited. DH sadly suggested we cancel that one to save money, and I huffily told him I'd already paid for the hotel so he had to suck it up...

I'm waiting for the two non-fic anthologies to be published and the results of my presenter proposal for our local PPD. So, back to writing.
pumabearclan likes this.

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings, and my writing (as Selina Wolfcat & Sarah Buhrman).
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
#22 of 157 Old 06-06-2015, 01:07 PM

@Fortune Teller hi, great to see you!!!

Day 3 of DS2 and his girlfriend's New City Adventure. Yesterday:

- drove them to her new employers' for an orientation
- something for lunch, don't even remember
- went along on three apartment showings, walked all over the place
- got some groceries
- back to my B&B to feed them (I have kitchen access and they don't -- allergies prevent comfortable restaurant eating)
- back to their hotel to midwife their application to one of the places they saw
- and touch base with DH who completed and submitted the cosigner portion
- and to bed, too tired for my own dinner

Today:

- met kids ("kids," I can't believe I still say that) for another showing
- stopped at the place they applied to so they could follow up, clarify some things, and found out how girlfriend could submit some work info
- another quick grocery shop
- my B&B for lunch
- dropped them back off at their room, returned to my B&B

And now we're all taking a breather until we meet for dinner. Tomorrow they change hotels and have a showing in the afternoon. Monday they'll hopefully hear back on their pending app and have three places to go see in the meantime. It's pretty detailed and intimidating, they like the place a lot, plus they really want to be done.
pumabearclan likes this.

#23 of 157 Old 06-06-2015, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Wow Wolfcat and MariaMadly.. busy times this weekend (and beyond, Wolfcat!)!

Today was busy but the normal busy, not an exciting busy (well, for son it is).
*Up earlyish to try a cross fit class. It was fun, a great workout!
*Took son to his DJ class. I worked on my paper.
*Came home and unloaded the produce boxes from Thursday... broke them down and put them in the house (the company recycles them so members return their boxes to me and I return them each week when I pick up new boxes of produce.)
*Took DD1 to her soccer game.
*Left her soccer game early to make it to her riding lesson. She rode wonderfully today!
*Stopped at the grocery store.
*Came home and cleand the kitchen, made pesto and made the girls pesto pasta with smoked salmon. MAde myself just salmon, a few potatoes and yellow squash (with pesto). I do not care for pasta.
*Decided on a movie and we watched Song of the Sea which was so full of awesome and I already want to see it again.

Now it's 10pm and I'm waiting on husband and son to get home. Son had a DJ gig for a local Relay for Life race. He DJ'd there for a couple hours then went to his old instructor's house. He is starting a Youtube show featuring local DJs. So he wanted to record son doing a live set for an hour. Way cool! So, son did crossfit with us this morning.. then soccer.. then two DJ gigs. I'm sure he's exhausted, too.
Wolfcat and pumabearclan like this.

#24 of 157 Old 06-06-2015, 07:57 PM

INSANE day of running around here. Let's see if I can remember it all.

- Dropped husband off at work so I could have the car.
- Went to Target mostly to browse. Found a couple things in the One Spot and some personal care items we needed.
- Went into Dollar Tree to browse 4th of July items and picked up a few things.
- Went to Hobby Lobby for sewing supplies and to pick up some outdoor decorations for 4th of July.
- Went to Savers and found some great stuff.
- Stopped at Woodman's for non-perishable groceries.
- Browsed the Goodwill next to Woodman's and got some more scores.
- Sams Club for some bulk items (cocoa, pretzels, cashews, etc.)
- Stopped at a second savers. More good scores!
- Picked up fast food for lunch.
- Came home and brought in the shopping. Though it's still on the counter waiting to be put away.
- Lounged at home with LM for about an hour.
- Picked up husband from work.
- Dinner with the menfolk.
- Organized my sewing supplies.
- Played Play Doh with LM.
- Colored with LM.
- Watched the Hawks game.
- Bedtime routine with LM.
- Took pictures of my thrift score hauls.

Today we thrifted lots of great stuff - lots of craft supplies, sewing gear, Thomas stuff and some kitchen items. And now I'm exhausted and going to bed!
pumabearclan likes this.

#25 of 157 Old 06-07-2015, 09:32 AM

It's rainy and gloomy here today, and the weather report doesn't indicate that it will be improving much, so we've got an indoor day here.

- Woke up around 8 when husband got up for work.
- Breakfast for Little Man.
- Played 3 games of Hi Ho Cherry-O with LM. He won 2!
- Put away all of yesterday's shopping.
- Tidied up the downstairs pantry.
- Brought up the 4th of July decorations from the basement.
- Corralled all the laundry to do a load later.
- Changed the bedding on LM's bed.
- Made the beds and tidied the bedrooms.
- Queued up some coupons to print.

On the list for today -
- Put up the 4th of July decorations. I like to have decorations up for about a month, otherwise I see no point in decorating.
- Bake a coffee cake for breakfasts this week.
- Organize and sort through the paper crafting stuff and art supplies. Would like to properly set up LM's art table.

Other than that, we'll have an indoor day of board games and reading, and maybe some coloring and drawing if that's what LM wants to do. Probably some Play Doh in the mix too, because we found a huge bucket of Play Doh accessories at the thrift store yesterday.
pumabearclan likes this.

#26 of 157 Old 06-07-2015, 07:34 PM

Today:

- moved kids from one hotel to another
- went to another apartment showing with them, this one was nice, too
- fed them a couple times
- hung for a bit with my hosts, their baby, their pug -- they are a really great group!

Good night, and a good week to all!
pumabearclan likes this.

#27 of 157 Old 06-07-2015, 08:18 PM

Pretty good afternoon here. Highlights -

- Did two loads of laundry.
- Put up the 4th of July decorations with LM.
- Tidied the house.
- Put away clean dishes from the dishwasher.
- Loaded dirty dishes into the dishwasher and set it to run.
- Laid out my clothes for tomorrow and organized my work bag.
- Made dinner.
- Cleaned the fridge.

And many games of Hi Ho Cherry-O and Thomas bingo with LM, plus snuggle time.

Pretty good day, but I'm tired. Ought to go to bed...
pumabearclan likes this.

#28 of 157 Old 06-08-2015, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

I remember Hi Ho CherryO! I kind of liked that game! I am SO STIFF today and yesterday from that crossfit workout. omg, I feel like a stereotyped old woman when I stand up and hobble about. lol

Yesterday:
*Slept in, despite the fact that badbordercollie kept nosing me and trying to get me to wake up.
*Friend came over and brought us donuts. Chatted with him a while
*Went to REI and got sandals and flip flops! Yay! I as wearing my cheap flippies from Target but they are destroying my feet. I needed something with more support.
*Walked to the dock with the girlies and let badbordercollie swim. She had a blast. I wish I could bring badnannynewf. There were people paddleboarding. I can't WAIT to get our paddleboards!
*Walked the long way home
*Went to our friends' apartment and went to their pool, ate dinner and the kids and husband watched a movie with them in the theater room. I worked on my paper for a while.. then friend came out and we chatted for a while.
*Everyone home and we went to bed!

And I saw a text from my friend this morning and apparently there was a big argument last night next door that we totally slept through! The squatter in the house was dropped off with his dog by a cop and then a cab was also there at some point. I don't have all the details yet. I'm unclear who was arguing loudly- the owner and his squatter, the squatter and the cop or the squatter and the cab. The first and last have both happened before so they seem most likely. Then the other day the owner was there with these rennovation people and apparently there was a huge flood in the house. The owner was all doing yardwork and yelling at the squatter for not helping. The squatter never helps, he always stands around checking his phone while the owner (who has some sort of disability) walks the dog, cleans up the yard, etc. The squatter even throws all his trash out the back upstairs window and every week the owner has to like come and pick it up and he grumbles and picks it all up. So see... there's my next door drama! Oh.. my friend lives on one side of the abandoned house and I live on the other.
pumabearclan likes this.

#29 of 157 Old 06-08-2015, 06:54 AM

Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend! My accomplishment this weekend was getting out to a BAR for a BEER with my mom friends!!!! I had one hour. It was great.

Oh. Baby is awake. More later.
meowmix and pumabearclan like this.
#30 of 157 Old 06-08-2015, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post
Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend! My accomplishment this weekend was getting out to a BAR for a BEER with my mom friends!!!! I had one hour. It was great.

Oh. Baby is awake. More later.
Yay for time out!!!!!
pumabearclan likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page