Anyone else dislike their entire family in law? (especially their mother in law?) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
 41Likes

#31 of 31 Old 07-09-2015, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Wow I'm so sorry that sounds awful!

I am just guessing how things will be and maybe I am overworrying, maybe I'm not. It just sucks that when I first found out I was pregnant I didn't feel excitement and instead felt worried and scared.

Like I said before I usually don't say anything if something is bothering me and just deal with it but once baby is here, I am going to. For example, they drink all the time and swear and I don't want my baby around that so will definitely speak up.

The worst thing is that his mom knows I want to be a stay at home mom and is not happy. She makes more money than his dad and works a lot and only had 2 kids and I don't feel like she was born to be a mother. I feel like we are very different and all I want to do is raise my kids and don't need nice things. I would rather be the one to see them everyday instead of sitting in an office to have nicer things.

I don't feel like talking to her would help and we are just different and will never agree. And I don't think she would agree or listen to anything. I am just going to take the approach of avoiding and spending as least time as I can over there.

Also awhile ago when we told them I was pregnant she said her and her mom would come over and sleep over for the first few nights... uh NO!

I may be tired but have a husband and will want to be by ourselves....
applejuice likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Family , inlaws , mil , mother in law , sad

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page