Barefoot Books (Children's books) - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 02-19-2007, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First, I want to say I have absolutely no affiliation with this company. Actually, we haven't bought anything from them (yet!). I just wanted to write and say that this company is awesome! We checked a book out of the library ("We All Went On Safari" by Laurie Krebs) which is one of the most beautiful and interesting children's books I have seen in a while. It is "a counting journey through Tanzania" in which there is a simple but interesting rhyming couplet on each page, amazingly beautiful art which includes images of the Maasi people and the numbers in Swahili, and, upon further inspection, I found that profits from the book go to sustaining wildlife and community in Africa. So, I looked at the company, Barefoot Books, and found that that is their whole deal- multiculturalism, amazing art, rich, quality writing, and "green products"- giving money to environmental causes, but also printing books and conducting business in an ecologically friendly way. In terms of kids books and media, it is the whole crunchy package!

Just thought I'd share . I get excited when I find companies and products that make me feel good all the way around !

Here is the website: http://www.barefootbooks.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-19-2007, 08:01 PM

we love them too!
#3 of 5 Old 02-19-2007, 08:03 PM

Wow - we just got one of these books at the library last week. It is so beautifully illustrated - Findley seems to really enjoy it Thanks for the reminder to look up some more!

#4 of 5 Old 02-19-2007, 08:20 PM

They are wonderful! I love their folk and fairy tale collections. I work in a bookstore so I see tons of kids' books all the time and I've learned to notice these because they are so consistently good.

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#5 of 5 Old 02-20-2007, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeporgarten View Post
They are wonderful! I love their folk and fairy tale collections. I work in a bookstore so I see tons of kids' books all the time and I've learned to notice these because they are so consistently good.
:
At work I would always order them.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page