I keep gettting sad, and I dont know why - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 04-14-2007, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I do know why, I am just not sure why it is bothering me SO bad. My youngest is only 13 months, my marriage is over, why o why stinkin why do I feel like I want another baby so bad? To the point that every day I get sad when I think that my baby days are over. Is it because I am facing the reality, and that is making me want it more? Hormones? Seeing my littlest one starting to walk, and I miss having a "baby,baby"? uuugh, I hope this is a fleeting moment, but already has lasted about 3 months!!! I sit and think about ways I can still have a baby, and i must admit, most the ways ( even tho I wouldnt do them) would be deceptive, and that is so not like me. Ok, vent/rant over, carry on!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-14-2007, 12:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
SORRY - meant to start a new thread...not sure what happened....

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#3 of 9 Old 04-14-2007, 12:57 AM

#4 of 9 Old 04-14-2007, 01:04 AM

I think what you're going through is totally normal! I think it could be a combo. of hormones and emotions. I go through periods of time like this. I do really want more babies but think maybe I want only DH's babies (he's deceased). But I am not 100% decided. I have looked into sperm donors and may go that route a few years down the road! (or not ) who knows?

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#5 of 9 Old 04-14-2007, 01:07 AM

it must be something with divorce. i feel like that alot too, but my one baby is a 5year old! your 13 mo seems like a baby to me, so do enjoy it. i have had such sadness lately about this same thing, but i think what we have to do is feel it, and try to grieve it , and let it pass. who knows if we will have babies again or not. i think it can be a waste of enrgy after a while to think about it *too * much, but i totally know what you mean and how you feel. but you never know. maybe you will adopt in a couple years. i am one year into my separation from my ex, and i am really realizing how long it takes to recover ffrom a broken marraige. but also, i know moms at my sons preschool that are a good 10 years older than me, which means they had kids at my age or older. and i am 31. this makes me feel better , to remember that i can do this later if i want to. i dont know what is going to come my way in the next couple years, so i dont need to worry as much. if i *really* want a baby, i will find a good way to do it.

have you posted in the single parents forum, you might get some wisdom from some of those mamas.

hugs to you, i think it is a really valid reason to be sad. divorce is a really complex situation and makes us go through so many emotions we didnt expect to go through.
#6 of 9 Old 04-14-2007, 01:10 AM

i cross posted with you rainbowmoon...i just want to let you know i didnt read your post and then ignore it , to start my post with " it must be something with divorce" i wasnt thinking about women in your position also. i am sorry to hear about your loss. i am glad you talked about your perspective, too.
#7 of 9 Old 04-14-2007, 01:10 AM

#8 of 9 Old 04-14-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirringleaf View Post
i cross posted with you rainbowmoon...i just want to let you know i didnt read your post and then ignore it , to start my post with " it must be something with divorce" i wasnt thinking about women in your position also. i am sorry to hear about your loss. i am glad you talked about your perspective, too.
no worries mama!

#9 of 9 Old 04-14-2007, 01:23 AM

btw I need to add, that time will help you decide what you want. the older my kids get the more stisfied I seem to have become with our "family". so I could see myself definitly nixing the sperm donor plans. it's just nice to know I have the option yk? (as I a, definitly NOT looking for another relationship anytime soon). anyway that's another reason why I say it could be a combo of hormones and emotion. time will help. my youngest DD is 19mo and my hormones are still soooo out of whack! ( and even more so at times coupled with grief) I have been through a divorce with my first husband. (Thankfully we had no children) it can leave you pretty raw for a long while. in some ways death is easier to accept.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page