Help HeLP HELP HELP!!! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: This is what my 2 year old began screaming at the top of his lungs while grocery shopping this morning. I wouldn't let him have something he wanted off the shelf so he began to scream "HELP" over and over.

You should have seen the looks I was getting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 12:08 PM

Oh wow. I wish I were closer, I would bring you some treats and do a few loads of laundry.
#3 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 12:09 PM

At 3 DS was shouting "Nicole needs whiskey in Aisle 7" at the top of his lungs over and over every time we went to the store.

#4 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole lisa View Post

At 3 DS was shouting "Nicole needs whiskey in Aisle 7" at the top of his lungs over and over every time we went to the store, from his seat in the cart.

#5 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Laughing at the Whiskey comment.

I think this is Karma biting me in the booty. I once started yelling "Help Stranger! Help Stranger!" and trying to run away from my mother once in the mall. The security guards came out and detained both of us until they could figure out what was going on. Yup Karma LOL.
#6 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Whenever I hear a toddler screaming in a grocery store, I assume that the grownup in charge has said "no" to the child, and nothing is seriously wrong. Toddlers can be incredibly dramatic when they don't get their way!

Ruth, single mommy to 3 quasi-adults
#7 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 12:16 PM

Oh, you poor thing!

If it makes you feel any better, here's my story: when DD was the same age, she was a swatter, so she often heard DH or I say "Hey, don't hit me!" after she hit us (and we NEVER hit her back ... or ever, for that matter).

So one day, similar story as yours, the two of us are at the grocery store and I won't let her have something she wants. She lets out with a few totally random "Hey, don't hit me!"-s in the middle of the aisle!

This was what I *so* wanted to do at that moment: : : : :

(And if there was a "let the world open up a hole so I can crawl into it" smilie, I'd add that too).
#8 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post
Whenever I hear a toddler screaming in a grocery store, I assume that the grownup in charge has said "no" to the child, and nothing is seriously wrong. Toddlers can be incredibly dramatic when they don't get their way!
: After a quick check (making sure it's not someone kidnapping a child), I usually smile and chuckle to myself because I know my time is coming!

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.
#9 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 01:14 PM

A friend told me the little boy she babysits yelled, "Hey, lady! Stop following me!" as they were walking down the street. He ran around the corner and was on the ground laughing when she got there. There were three people with dropped jaws walking nearby when he said this. He does this stuff all the time. Like when going #2 on the potty, he called her to come in so he could tell her he was making brownies.
#10 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiabugmom View Post
Oh, you poor thing!

If it makes you feel any better, here's my story: when DD was the same age, she was a swatter, so she often heard DH or I say "Hey, don't hit me!" after she hit us (and we NEVER hit her back ... or ever, for that matter).

So one day, similar story as yours, the two of us are at the grocery store and I won't let her have something she wants. She lets out with a few totally random "Hey, don't hit me!"-s in the middle of the aisle!

This was what I *so* wanted to do at that moment: : : : :

(And if there was a "let the world open up a hole so I can crawl into it" smilie, I'd add that too).
This brings back a memory. When ds1 first started wearing underwear, he had a pee accident. No biggee - I've never scolded or yelled at him for accidents. We were at his preschool at the time, and right in front of his teachers and a bunch of other parents he says "Please don't yell at me mommy." I wanted to crawl into a hole somewhere.
#11 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 01:27 PM

That's so funny When dd1 was 2 anytime we were out in public, she had a great little treat for us. All through the store she would cry and whine and scream at the top of her voice, "I want my mommy!": You can imagine the looks we got.
#12 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 01:40 PM

When DD was 2 I guess she got the idea that "ow" was something you say when you are angry, so we had several lovely incidents where she started yelling, "Ow Ow Ow" in stores when I wouldn't let her grab toys off the shelves.
#13 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
mine, starting at age 2, would shriek "PLEASE DONT BEAT ME AGAIN!" when he didnt get his way

how do they figure that out??? I mean, I never beat him so how would he even know to say this?
#14 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissi View Post
When DD was 2 I guess she got the idea that "ow" was something you say when you are angry, so we had several lovely incidents where she started yelling, "Ow Ow Ow" in stores when I wouldn't let her grab toys off the shelves.
DD does that same thing. Ow ow ow!

When I was little I got a splinter in my foot and my dad sat on the porch to try to get it out. I started screaming "Dad! Stop hurting me! Please! OW!"
#15 of 15 Old 07-03-2007, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviesingleton View Post
Oh wow. I wish I were closer, I would bring you some treats and do a few loads of laundry.

Thank you!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page