I've had a tough few weeks (vent) - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 12-08-2007, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I moved two weeks ago, which is tough in and of itself, but this is just getting ridiculous. Here's a rundown on some of the craziness that has occurred:

- I paid $150 for cleaners to come and clean my old place. There were two people there for three hours and I don't know what they were doing cuz it sure as hell wasn't cleaning. I'm having a friend call posing as my husband to get my money back.
- I drove an hour each way four days in a row to clean like mad.
- I spent $90 to get the living room carpet cleaned. I have to replace it anyway because of a single small pink stain.
- I have to replace THREE rooms of carpet - the other two showed spots of I don't know what under blacklight.
- I owe the housing office over $500 (PLUS the $173 I already paid for the last week's rent) for the carpet and the stuff they're making me replace. That's more than I have in checking and savings combined.
- My last utility bill was $293! That's about $200 more than last year at this time and I haven't been living there for two weeks. I'm challenging it because it's obviously wrong.
- I can't find my checkbook. I had to call my ex husband to come from work for my final inspection and give me a blank check I promised to give him cash for. I then bawled as I told him about all the stuff I have to pay for.
- I just started a new job in a warehouse after six years of a desk job. Twelve hour shifts of constant walking on concrete. My toes, feet, and ankles are a mess of of blisters.
- I didn't realize my boyfriend (who works the night shift) set the alarm for exactly twelve hours later than I needed it. So I just turned it on, then didn't wake up until 6 am, the exact time I was supposed to be at work, 25 minutes away. I was also supposed to give my boyfriend the car, so he was still there. I ALSO couldn't find the number to call in and let them know I was going to be late/absent. So I drove pell-mell to the warehouse and had my boyfriend ask them the number. We were so worked up it took both of us 15 minutes to get the number dialed correctly and I'm sure I sounded like an idiot on the message. I called off completely and slept till noon.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something. I don't know why things have been so hard. I can't think of anything I've done that karma would be out to get me for. DP says it's a test. Is it over yet? Have I passed?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-08-2007, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#3 of 5 Old 12-08-2007, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

knit.gifMama to reading.gif  and  babygirl.gif

#4 of 5 Old 12-08-2007, 04:51 PM