Can I whine for a little while? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 08-14-2008, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am sooooooo tired. So so so so tired. And I can't go to sleep, because my body is not letting me. I think it is because I know that I will be waking up shortly...very very shortly. I have a 7 week old babe, my first biological child, and my dh has been gone for two and a half weeks at this point.
No we aren't seperated. He's working out of state, and there were no options to put it off. He'll be back by the beginning of September, but he won't be home almost at all until the end of December at the earliest. I am just too tired to be doing this all.
All I am thinking is that soon the stepkids will be going back to their preschool/ real school programs and I will have less to do. Which is a completely awful thought. I love all my kids so much, but this has been the worst weeks of my life.

Hugs and prayers and good thoughts please, I need them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-14-2008, 03:44 AM

That sounds really hard. Do you have family nearby?
#3 of 7 Old 08-14-2008, 04:18 AM

I hope you're able to get some help and sleep soon. Could you hire a post partum doula to take care of you for even a day or someone to come and take care of your older kids so you can just sleep with the baby?

Rebecca, CPST, Navy wife to Chris, furmama to Fenway

#4 of 7 Old 08-14-2008, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the hugs. My parents can't come right now because of big things happening at their work, and my dh's parents would add to the amount of care I would have to give because they are disabled. I actually fell awful about them because they are in a home half-way across the country. I really want them to live with us, but I just can't add it right now.

I am working on hiring help, but it is just seeming impossible. I haven't found anyone I like yet at all, and I am having trouble fitting the search into my days.
#5 of 7 Old 08-14-2008, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)

I've been there. After Amethyst was born I actually got to the point of being almost afraid of night, because I was SO exhausted, but I knew it was pointless to fall asleep because I would be woken again within the hour. I am still not sure how I got through it. I think for me it was a bit of PPD. And with Asheby I finally just had to take the tylenol with codeine from the hospital, just to sleep for a few hours. It worked miracles.

I hope you can get some rest soon.

Amee + James (1998) = Amethyst (2002), Asheby "Bear" (2006), Abbott (2011), Atlas (2013), Astoria (6 July 2015)
#6 of 7 Old 08-14-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdancer View Post
I am sooooooo tired. So so so so tired. And I can't go to sleep, because my body is not letting me. I think it is because I know that I will be waking up shortly...very very shortly. I have a 7 week old babe, my first biological child, and my dh has been gone for two and a half weeks at this point.
No we aren't seperated. He's working out of state, and there were no options to put it off. He'll be back by the beginning of September, but he won't be home almost at all until the end of December at the earliest. I am just too tired to be doing this all.
All I am thinking is that soon the stepkids will be going back to their preschool/ real school programs and I will have less to do. Which is a completely awful thought. I love all my kids so much, but this has been the worst weeks of my life.

Hugs and prayers and good thoughts please, I need them.
Been there. and :
#7 of 7 Old 08-14-2008, 05:06 PM

Are you co-sleeping? With my first DD everyone was telling me not to co-sleep, etc. and I was a zombie for the first couple of weeks getting up all the time. Then, I listened to some LLL friends and set up a safe cosleeping environment. I finally was able to get some sleep.

I wish you had more support, I'm hoping things will get easier for you soon.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page