Mothering Forum banner

Does Your Newborn Do This?

575 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Leiahs 
#1 ·
So, some of you know that DD has had rapid breathing since about 12 hours after birth and we've been to the ER, were admitted overnight, and have an appt. with a cardiologist this coming week. In the meantime I'm making myself bonkers by google-ing about all the things that could be wrong. I came across something that said that "head bobbing" in an indication of distressed breathing, and found this video clip that illustrates what it looks like.

DD seems to do this, though maybe slightly less pronounced than the baby in the video. I also see the skin on her lower neck pulling in a bit when she breathes, which may be considered a retraction. So, I'm wondering if any of your babies, with normal respirations, move their heads a bit when breathing, or you see their lower neck (above collar bone) pull in slightly when they breathe. Thus far no Drs. have commented on her head or neck moving...but maybe they didn't see her doing it.

I'm starting to get freaked out.

#3 ·
I've seen Malcolm do it a couple times, though usually for only a handful of breaths. And he doesn't seem to have any issues with breathing otherwise.

Sorry you're so stressed out about it all. I hope it turns out to be nothing!
hug2.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.