Homemade Diaper Swap!! *closed* PICKS POSTED!!! send by April 3 - Mothering Forums

#1 of 75 Old 03-12-2006, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
We have done one over on the Diaper-Making board, but were informed *this* is the place to conduct the second diaper swap

This swap is of course open to any mama that makes homemade diapers. They don't have to be perfect, they don't have to be embellished beyond belief, they simply have to be made by you!

I suppose this will technically be more of a 'reverse swap' this time around... instead of posting ISOs, post what you can make (or what you'd like to make!)!!

For example...

I Would Like To Make: a Very Baby AIO (snaps or aplix), my own pattern for a nb/small side-snapping fitted, my own patttern for a small front-snapping fitted, a Very Baby side-snapping cover, or New Conceptions Training Pants (with PUL or without) .... all fitteds/AIO inners would be made with cotton materials.

When everybody has posted their "I Would Like To Make"s by the deadline, you will then have the chance to look over what everybody has to offer ... pick three mamas whose goods you would like to try. PM me with your picks by the designated date (all dates will be towards the end all together ) ranked 1, 2, and 3.

I will do my best to match up people (hopefully) with their top picks, but may have to move to a second or third pick. If everybody picks the same three people...well... I'll have to figure something else out

Here are the dates (always subject to change):

"Like To Make" date: March 18
PM with top three choices: March 20
Match-ups on: March 21
Send out Swaps: April 3

For this swap, please, please, PLEASE get delivery confirmation!! It just makes things easier

After the matches are posted, PM your 'swapee' to see what they'd like you to make, get addresses, etc.... make sure to include colors you really wouldn't like to see (if it's a problem) .... stuff like that -- of course get size information as well!!!!!!

(oh.. and if I forgot anything... let me know ... this if my first 'official' organization of this swap here )

(oh2 ... I'll post again right after this and that will be the 'official list of participants!)

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband, mothering my five girls and a boy, and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Expecting Seven late Oct! Forever remembering our loss (8/11)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 75 Old 03-12-2006, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

This is for the official list of participants!!!

participants:
judybean
jillbob
strawhatbrat
shalena
cathiasplace
amari'smama
jayneysews
abbyloos mommy
happilyloved
tuffykenwell
niki73
chumani
pbreffe
camsmama
kyndmama
jes'sbeth
diaper-mommy
mamato3cherubs
samanthalizk

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband, mothering my five girls and a boy, and
#3 of 75 Old 03-12-2006, 02:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm totally in, how fun! This is my first swap (reverse or regular) so please bear (bare?) with me

I would like to make a newborn fitted from the dd pattern (serged, snap down for umbilical stump), serged front- or side-snapping fitted, from the DD pocket fitted pattern (I've made some adjustments and it works great this way) with a snap in or sewn in quick dry soaker, or a PUL pocket from the DD pattern. I can do OV, cotton interlock, or suedecloth for the inners, soaker/insert for pocket would be cotton interlock or microfiber. I also have an embroidery maching, but all i have are the designs it came with, mostly girly and gender neutral. Uh, I think that's it!

Did I do that right?

#4 of 75 Old 03-12-2006, 03:12 AM

Im soooooooo in!

I would like to make a beautiful front and back embroidered side snapping surprise diaper! Yee who doth not want a surprise need not apply
#5 of 75 Old 03-12-2006, 04:14 AM

I'm in!

I can make a medium side snap (my own pattern), or any size very baby fitted or Darling Diaper pocket fitted. Inner can be birdseye, interlock, hemp or microfleece. I mostly have girly fabrics, but do have a few I can use for boys.

Here's a picture of what I can make: side snap girly diaper (my pattern)
DD pocket fitted
side snap fitteds (my pattern)
#6 of 75 Old 03-12-2006, 12:28 PM

Ok, I am in! Here are the patterns I have that I can make:

Very Baby AIO, Darling Diaper AIO, HoneyBoy AIO & Fern & Faerie Recycled Diapers. I can do Aplix or Snaps. The Honeyboy is set up for Aplix only and I think the F&F is snaps only. Fabric wise I have lime and orange sherpa (VERY yummy!), natural velour, bamboo jersey, asst flannels & cotten wovens, some demin, some knits, birdseye, microfiber, some microfleece & black suedecloth. I have some asst colors of 2 mil PUL coming, that should be here soon, I believe it will be here before the swap actually starts. My FOE should come with that and then I can make covers too. Most of my fabrics are boyish, though I have some gn.
#7 of 75 Old 03-12-2006, 03:13 PM

I am SOOOO in!

I would like to make:
DD side-snapping AIO/AI2 with external soaker (either sewn-in or snap-in)
DD Potty Dance Pants (side-snap or side-sewn)
VB AIO, front-snapping, internal or external soaker

Fabrics:
Outer: MM Fleece or PUL (med blue or red fleece, celery or ocean PUL)
Inner (stay dry): black alova suedecloth, "fog" (smoky lavendar) microsuede, white microfleece, red microfleece, blue powerdry
Absorbant: white flannel, sun/cloud print flannel, hemp fleece

Depending on when it ships, I may also have the following fabrics:
Hemp French Terry
clouds flannel (various colors)
lavendar, neon lime, citron yellow, and red PUL

Can't wait!!
AmyJ
#8 of 75 Old 03-12-2006, 04:24 PM

I would like to make

either

VB AIO small or medium
DD pocket fitted small/medium
Shars pocket small medium
Wee Weka side snapper
My own small jersey from snap or woven side snap
#9 of 75 Old 03-12-2006, 05:14 PM

I can make AIO / Pockets / Fitteds
I have all the patterns and can make the diaper you choose, in any size~I turn and topstitch, I have snaps (lots of colors~glow in the dark ones too) or velcro (colors to match the best) or white!

For outer fabric I have:
PUL in lots of colors /2mil
MM Fleece ~solid and some prints
DIY print fabrics (lots)

For inner fabric I have:
LOTS of Flannels in All kinds of prints! (boy & girl prints)
Knits~PRR prints
Birdseye
French terry ~natural
Cotton~Fleece ~natural/
Velour ~lots of color/some prints
Sherpa ~lots of color
Jersey
Lots of Woven
Suedecloth in various colors
I can also use microfiber for the soaker~

I can let you know what I have for ~Boys and Girl color when we get to that point! Ok I think that is it!!
#10 of 75 Old 03-12-2006, 09:11 PM

Diaper Mommy,
It looks like the swap is open to sign up for through March 18th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judybean
"Like To Make" date: March 18
PM with top three choices: March 20
Match-ups on: March 21
Send out Swaps: April 3
#11 of 75 Old 03-12-2006, 10:33 PM

I'm in this time

I would like to make any size DD fitted out of the AIO pattern. I've only ever practiced withe larges though. Aplix, front closing, print outer (knit or woven), sherpa/flannel inners & soaker. I can also make VB fitteds, turned and top stitched with the same materials. If you have a little girl, and would rather not have a diaper, I can do a little A-lined dress for you instead.

I would offer to do an AIO, but I'm waiting on my PUL & I'm not sure I will have it on time.
#12 of 75 Old 03-13-2006, 12:16 AM

I'm in I can make VB AIOs or fitteds (from the AIO pattern) in any size, DD AIOs any size, potty dance pants, or my own AIO pattern in size Med (trim front aplix or snaps). I would love to create something special for your little one See the Holy Cow post in Diaper sewing if you want a peek at past stuff.

Ann
#13 of 75 Old 03-13-2006, 02:56 AM

I would like to make my own variation of the VB AIO pattern modified to be a side snapping pocket diaper in any size from NB to L. I can make any of the following patterns in any size as either fitteds or AIOs with either PUL or MM Fleece:

VB AIO (or modified to side snapping)
VB Fitted
Side snapping poopockets (has gussets)
Regular or tiny poopockets (gussets, no closures)
Poochies
HB Home (either standard or my own slightly trimmed through the crotch version)
DD AIO (haven't actually made this one yet but it doesn't seem too difficult)
DD Pocket Fitted

I also have tonnes of fitteds cut out in all sizes made from my own pattern (sitting in a rubbermaid container being neglected currently).

I can also make covers with the DCD pattern.

oh and just a warning...I have a hard time following a pattern "per specs" so I will adjust things to make it work for me (usually to speed construction or to get a certain "look").

Oh yeah fabrics...I have pretty much everything except no microfiber or organics. I do have sherpa, velour, hemp, knit terry, knits, wovens, microfleece, MM outer fleece in various weights and lots and lots of PUL in various colours.

Steph

Steph~~momma to Rhys 2002, Niamh 2004, Isla 2007 and Deirdre 2009
#14 of 75 Old 03-13-2006, 03:12 PM

I'm in again.

I have side snapping sized diaper or cover and front snapping one sized diaper, all with serged edges.

I can do prints or embroidary on the outside and for inners i have flannel or velour. Soaker can be sherpa or hemp. I can also do a layer of hidden PUL. My covers are wool interlock.
#15 of 75 Old 03-13-2006, 03:33 PM

I can make:

VB AIO w/snaps or velcro
VB fitted (serged) w/snaps
Quick snap PUL cover w/cute outer

fabrics: Hemp fleece
Flannel (many cute prints)
Velour~royal blue~lavender

link to pics of fitteds, pul cover, and vb aio's:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9941353...7594078786283/

Looking forward to a fun swap!
Sarah
#16 of 75 Old 03-13-2006, 04:30 PM

Hey I would be interested... but I am not sure if my diapers are good enough!!

Here are some pics of stuff I have made.... not everything I have made just what I have had time to upload!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?saved=1

I am pretty into flannel fitteds right now because they go so fast and fit ds well.. Although I just recently bought all the VB patterns. I have modified the mama bird pattern and tried the wee weka pattern.
#17 of 75 Old 03-13-2006, 05:41 PM

Just came to drool and admire the workmomship!

You are amazing mamas!!!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#18 of 75 Old 03-13-2006, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

updated the participants list

#19 of 75 Old 03-13-2006, 10:13 PM

Man I am a doof! I should have listed what I would like to make.

I would like to make a VB fitted. Or one from a pattern that I have modified. I can also use the wee weka pattern (turns out very cute!) All of these could be any size. I turn and topstitch because I don't have a serger. I can also make fleece covers. I have a limited number of different color snaps... about 10 or so. I can also do touchtape. Most of my flannel is boy prints, but I do have some solid colors. Like I said... my favorite things to sew right now are flannel fitteds so that is my main fabric of choice!

In my post above you can see some of the dipes I have made.
#20 of 75 Old 03-14-2006, 06:17 AM

Amari's Mama ~Thank you!! I revised my post!!
#21 of 75 Old 03-14-2006, 04:43 PM

I think I'll throw my diaper in the ring this time!

I'd like to make a VB AIO or pocket in any size (front closing). I have 17 colors of PUL and microfleece in white, silver & a couple of other colors for pockets. For AIOs, I can use one of the same 17 colors of PUL, with a birdseye inner, possibly with a snap in quick dry soaker (covered w/microfleece). I can use either Aplix or snaps (I have probably 15 colors of snaps).

Here's an example of my most recent PUL pocket:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...a/100_0715.jpg
#22 of 75 Old 03-14-2006, 05:43 PM

I'm in!!

I would be happy to make: (size NB-L) fleece pocket, QD PUL AIO, hemp diaper with woven print outer (MANY fabrics to be surprised from!), PUL or fleece AIO

(You'll have to do some clicking to see my diapers... )
#23 of 75 Old 03-15-2006, 03:03 PM

#24 of 75 Old 03-16-2006, 10:59 AM

bump
#25 of 75 Old 03-16-2006, 12:21 PM

I'm also in!

I'd like to make a side closing aplix pocket from my own pattern. I have some (1 or 2) on the small side mediums cut out but my daughter outgrew this size before I got them finished They're SO ready to be swapped! They're PUL outers/ microfleece inners.

They don't fit babies with really chunky thighs well.

I'll go count whether I have 1 or 2 cut out!

-------------------------------------

I just checked my stash downstairs... I have 2 cut out and ready to put together. They're both 1 mil Sage PUL outer with charcoal fleece inners. Again, these are a smallish medium. Our DD can still wear them at 11 months and 22 lbs but JUST. They're a bit low in the rise for her now...
#26 of 75 Old 03-16-2006, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

updated participants list!

two more days for sign-up!! ... so start looking over what everybody has to offer to get your lists going (but don't pm me early please, i haven't cleaned out my box yet )

#27 of 75 Old 03-17-2006, 03:55 AM

I am currently making a pile of & would love to share/trade: pocket diapers made from goodness graceous' free trainer pattern. I altered the pattern to better fit my 21 & 24 lb girls. I have mostly girly colors, although I have a few that are neutral: black shiny pul outter w/ white w/ black polka dot inner, black shiny pul outter w/ white w/ red polka dot inner, white pul outter w/ candy (xmasy) inner & 2 soft green fleece outters w/ diaper pin inner, & one MM kiwi green fleece outter w/ blue striped inner. I'll try to post pics over the weekend, unless this is supposed to be a suprise? I don't think I can get to making anything else, as I am trying to use up my fabric stash towards the diaper drive. (so I have an excuse to go shopping ) BUT I'd love to trade one or more of the ones I'm already making.

Was that too confusing?
#28 of 75 Old 03-17-2006, 07:44 PM

Hi ~

I don't see my name of the list?? I updated (3/13) my post #9.
#29 of 75 Old 03-17-2006, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

sorry about that -- i'll get it added right away!

#30 of 75 Old 03-17-2006, 08:10 PM

I want in! I have never done one of these sort of swaps, I dont think I have even ever posted on the diaper making forum, but this really looks like fun!

I can make just about anything, but would prefer to make a fitted. My fave pattern to use is the Poquito Pants pattern, its for trainers, but I use the same fabrics that I use for other diapers so it is a diaper I also have the VB AIO pattern, goddness gracious pattern, and my own better fitting trim pattern

I like to work with knits, I have a few colors of sherpa, hemp fleece, black hemp jersey, um a few other knits, interlock and jersey I guess. I have tons of suedecloth, a couple colors of micro fleece. Oh, I have camo too

Thanks! this looks fun!

Lisa~Was Aspiring Midwife~Now-AAMI Midwifery Student #2020~Mama to Zackery 3/29/96, Drake 9/22/01, and Selina 10/26/03...and here was the link to my new blog

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page