Being a foster parent is not easy. - Mothering Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By lauren

#1 of 2 Old 08-15-2018, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Being a foster parent is not easy.

My wife is working as a nurse at a local hospital. She met a pregnant young lady who asked her to take the child after the delivery. At that time, my wife felt nervous and excited at the same time. For three years of being married, we were not blessed with a child yet, so she agreed with the young lady. She told me everything about it and I agreed too. After the delivery, we took the child and adopted her. I let the baby use my last name. However, the adoption was not really legal. The young lady just asked us to take her child and that was it. Now that the child is already ten years old, her “real” mother came back to take the child. Of course, my wife did not let it happen but the mother of the child got mad and wanted to sue us. I know we have to let the child be with her real mother but it’s just really heartbreaking, especially for my wife. Loving me or loving each other is never enough. Sadly, we can’t have our own child.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-16-2018, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Hello there. The thread title is not quite what has happened here, as this is not foster care. Foster care is when a child has been placed with you by a child serving organization, such as DCF. When you say you adopted her, that is not really what happened either, as that would have required a legal process and a judge. Has this child been admitted to school and physician's offices, all without any legal proof that she is in your family legally? If you are saying that nothing at all was done legally, then you really could be in legal trouble and I would find an attorney immediately!
Nazsmum and katelove like this.

Here from the very beginning of Mothering online forums. Proud to say gentle parenting works; the kids are grown or nearly so.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Agreement--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page