7 year old by discovering breasts! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 09-10-2018, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
7 year old by discovering breasts!

Hi all,

I have been showering with my kids (son 7 year old, daughter 4) naked since they were born, no issues with nudity. But recently I notice that my son tries to hig me somehow that his head touches my breasts, he made a comment about a model's breasts in a magazine (in a bra) and wants to play baby with me so I nurse him and this makes me really uncomfortable.
I didn't want to make a big deal out of it so gently mentioned to him that we should not comment on or touch other people's private parts but I still see the same behavior from him.

Do you all shower with your kids or they shower by themselves? I don't have any privacy at home as my 4 year old and 7 year old are constantly following me even when I am in the bathroom trying to be funny. So even if I try to cover myself in the shower when I am washing him, he will see my without clothes at some point.

Can you please help me with sharing your thoughts and advice? Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-28-2018, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's a sociocultural question really. Some cultures don't have the same social norms regarding age, genitals, and bathing. In America, it's a little strange. Ok, it's really strange. But in other countries maybe not so much. My son has been bathing and dressing himself since he was 3. It made my life a lot easier and instills a sense of confidence, independence, and autonomy. Maybe try letting him to be more independent? Set some boundaries? Put your foot down and allow/disallow things?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page