introverted mom- where is the line between I Need a Timeout and I Need to Suck It Up - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 08-19-2015, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
introverted mom- where is the line between I Need a Timeout and I Need to Suck It Up

Hi,

I am an introvert with six kids ranging from 1.5- 13. We are still nursing and sharing a bed with the youngest.

I find myself (especially at bedtime) yelling a lot and not wanting anyone to touch me or pull my clothes or stand right next to me or give me hugs or have their head close to mine or...

I know the yelling and the response to physical closeness is something I need to work on.

I just wonder, from a scientific point of view, are there studies to or any objective information to help me understand how much I should or should not expect from myself?

Or is it like a muscle: just getting used to certain behaviors and growing my resistance and stamina in overwhelming, highly stimulating situations will help me react better in those situations?

If I try to put systems in place and educate my older kids about respecting my needs-- what is the exact extent of those Needs, so I know where they go over into the Want category?

I want work on my own reactions and work toward being loving, clear and confident in my responses.

The reaction will be different if my kids don't respect my wants versus not respecting my needs. So I would like an objective opinion if possible about what the difference might be for an introverted mom.

Thanks so much for any help and advice.

bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-29-2015, 03:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so interested to hear a response to this! :listens:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page